Preview Changes v *, Sunday 1:10pm (* home game, replacement game for NMFC members)

Remove this Banner Ad

You know how this probably goes.

Ford will stay out of favour while we prefer to play (insert random shitmen).

Eventually posters start the hedging process aware we're shopping him, pointing out all his deficiencies.

He gets traded cheaply to Geelong or Sydney, is embraced and thrives.

But he's now ex-north so he'll be rated lower than shark s**t on here. You'll see him copping it in the neck on the non-north thread and figure he and his new team are getting fisted.

You'll check the scores only to see Geelong are up 80 pts and he's kicked 5 goals but "they were all cheapies" unlike (insert replacement shitmen for us who can't buy a kick).

Search your feelings.
I ****en hope not.

There is no ******* way that Stephenson, Tucker, Stephens, Shiels, Lazzaro or Drury deserve to be in this team over Ford.

The match committee have s**t for brains

There must of been a bust up somewhere- he’d kicked 8 goals in 4 games

In commonsense

Out dog shit brains

Last edited:
Okay but the week before in VFL didn't he basically dominate and go BOG with something like 30+ touches and a bunch of tackles and clearances?

Not sure spending time in VFL is doing him much benefit beyond his current base.
I'd suggest it's not what he does with the ball that is the problem.

Bizarre. Most of these names play very similar roles to Ford so unless he is injured, then your summation would appear on the money.
He has played two full games in the VFL. If he can play in the VFL he can play AFL.

I can tell you why Fordy isn’t playing. We can’t have that many forwards unwilling to chase.

Fordy can kick 50 goals the next 3 weeks, until he chases, he aint gettin a game

Nah, that’s garbage. He avg’s more tackles than Drury, Stephenson and Duursma, and he is more damaging in front of goals.

If you are talking defensive and tackling effort there is no way you can have Stephenson or Taylor in that side ahead of Ford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angry Rex GIF

He has played two full games in the VFL. If he can play in the VFL he can play AFL.

Nah, that’s garbage. He avg’s more tackles than Drury, Stephenson and Duursma, and he is more damaging in front of goals.

If you are talking defensive and tackling effort there is no way you can have Stephenson or Taylor in that side ahead of Ford.
Chasing from half forward is different to tackling son. Nice try though. There is serious issue with defensive pressure from the half forwards and its telling that Drury and shiels are named in the side.

Last edited:
Oh right, yeah, makes sense.

if Ford's not willing to chase Duck he shouldn't be getting a game.

Only those that chase should be getting a game.

So here's our Round 10 team:

B. Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw.
HB Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
C Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
HF Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
F Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
R Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
IC Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw Wardlaw
Sub Wardlaw.
Thats a bloody good team!

Chasing from half forward is different to tackling son. Nice try though. There is serious issue with defensive pressure from the half forwards and its telling that Drury and shiels are named in the side.

I'll give Drury props, he always chases, but if you aren't getting close and tackling them or at least applying perceived pressure then it counts for nothing.

Curtis gives up, Stephenson gives up, Zurhaar gives up and Duursma hasn't shown any defensive intensity across half forward. You can't just say that Ford is the only one who doesn't give it his all in that department.

Difference between Ford, Drury, Stephenson ect is that he actually puts on scoreboard pressure. Also far more creative on a wing compared to a deadset plodder in Tucker.

I'll give Drury props, he always chases, but if you aren't getting close and tackling them or at least applying perceived pressure then it counts for nothing.

Curtis gives up, Stephenson gives up, Zurhaar gives up and Duursma hasn't shown any defensive intensity across half forward. You can't just say that Ford is the only one who doesn't give it his all in that department.

Difference between Ford, Drury, Stephenson ect is that he actually puts on scoreboard pressure. Also far more creative on a wing compared to a deadset plodder in Tucker.
I honestly thought Ford was struggling to run at times in the VFL game. He did have a hip complaint that caused him to miss a game so I dunno if its a fitness issue or the actual injury itself but I think that's why he is out of the side at the moment. You say if he can play AFL he can play VFL but the intensity of contact is less in the VFL imo.

For some reason, when I received my email from the club yesterday, I had a tiny hope that this might be the week we begin to change from a shit show club to something else. But when scanning the outs, there was no L. McDonald.

Defeated sigh.
I give up.

Pink comes in and does Pink things. Comben goes fwd kicks 6. Larkey roams like one of them free-range turkeys.

We break even down back. Win the midfield battle with Jy back and LDU leading the charge.

This reeks of a General B Scott cluster ****. And he has had plenty of them over the years.

We can do it. Have a feeling in me waters. Although we will be all tuckered out after our game in the heat in Darwin.

North by 1 point.

Although we may get flogged due to fielding a side consisting of more potatoes than found on Clarkson's farm. That's the other Clarkson, although our Clarkson has cultivated his own variety of potato as well.
The North spud, although not highly sort after. Lacks consistency, depth, size and isn't very attractive to look at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back