Preview Changes v Sydney, Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you guys know (or care lol) but Sydney won't have assistant coaches for this game as Don Pyke, Dean Cox and Jared McVeigh all went to lunch together a few days ago together and were near a guy who has Covid.

Last edited:
Not sure you guys know (or care lol) but Sydney won't have assistant coaches for this game as Don Pyke, Dean Cox and Jared McVeigh all went to lunch together a few days together and were near a guy who has Covid.
Longmire should captain coach. * the box.

Would be very MFCish to be 19-3 and then have the entire team contract covid and have to forfeit their finals.

There was like 3 key stats not sure which ones but in 66 previous times those metrics had been hit that team had won 66 times. Geelong win that game 99 out of 100
Yep. We were extremely lucky to come out of that game with 4 points.

Just back from a meeting of the local chapter of the Flat Earth Society where discussion topic of the night was Dees selections. Prevailing theory is that Goody desperate to keep TMac forward awaiting a failed performance thereby allowing for the favoured future structure as trialled at Casey of Weid and Brown in forward line. TMac has not been read into the memo and keeps stuffing it up by performing well.

Had the day off so popped down to Gosche’s to watch the dees train, was just what looked like the casey group training with Chocco, no Harmes in there so I’m going with him being selected - Sparrow, Baker, Jones amongst that group too. No Kade Chandler either so I suspect he'll be the sub.

Last edited:
Had the day off so popped down to Gosche’s to watch the dees train, was just what looked like the casey group training with Chocco, no Harmes in there so I’m going with him being selected - Sparrow, Baker, Jones amongst that group too. No Kade Chandler either so I suspect he'll be the sub.

Rushing Harmes back in would be so weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be against Harmes as the sub. I like the sub role for more experienced players, I've noticed that when the sub is a kid with a handful of games experience they often come on and barely touch the ball. In contrast Jones came on last week and played a role, can be trusted to go in for some centre bounces when required. Harmes would be similar.

Would also be good if he would stop being way worse than he used to be though.

No Casey game this week so no harm making Harmes the sub, but yeah why rush him back in? Sparrow in cracking form, Harmes is unfit. He also can only play midfield well where at least Sparrow brings a lot of forward pressure.

An in form Harmes would be a bloody bonus right now. Cream on the cake type stuff. I have the feeling he will be selected, however probably needs another week or so in the VFL.

Half time during Casey v north I felt like posting harmes was bludging out on the ground , then thought maybe just a bit tentative with his hand etc . Improved 2nd half but still think a couple more runs at Casey wouldn’t hurt. Shame the Casey game has been postponed.

Harmes sub doesn't really work for me as it's a missed opportunity for match fitness. Stiff if Chandler gets the sub again, just give him a game.

An in form Harmes would be a bloody bonus right now. Cream on the cake type stuff. I have the feeling he will be selected, however probably needs another week or so in the VFL.
Can I ask why you think that? Personally I'm not sure where he fits. I guess with Viney out he will be very useful.

What has made us a good team this year is picking young kids in good form who are willing to play a role.

Sparrow is much more likely to compliment our current mids than Harmes, who when in poor form tries to do too much, fumbles and gets caught holding the ball often.

What has made us a good team this year is picking young kids in good form who are willing to play a role.

Sparrow is much more likely to compliment our current mids than Harmes, who when in poor form tries to do too much, fumbles and gets caught holding the ball often.

If our match committee are opposed to fumbling and getting caught holding the ball, they can easily slot Sparrow into Melksham and ANB's spots. Between the two of them there would be a half hour highlights package of fumbling and getting caught from last week alone.

My god

Melksham being glacial to give the first option last week against North nearly killed me. How many times did he get caught? 4?

He's completely **** on a bull useless these days (unless he's got a mark/free kick and he's kicking inside 50).

Even for someone with increasingly low expectations of Melksham I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. You couldn't play that badly if you tried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back