Preview Changes v the ALL CONQUERING MIGHTY DEMONS !

Remove this Banner Ad

Only have to look at the comments on the clubs socials as to how fed up people are with Tom Powell being treated like crap..

Because "social media" people are geniuses and the source of truth aren't they......

FYI Powell had a very positive game and looks to be building.

Ignore facts all you want, but it really doesn't help your ability to obtain reasonable respect in a discussion.

Because "social media" people are geniuses and the source of truth aren't they......

FYI Powell had a very positive game and looks to be building.

Ignore facts all you want, but it really doesn't help your ability to obtain reasonable respect in a discussion.
They are no different to people here. Expressing an opinion through a different platform.

Tom Powell is pretty much the one thing most fans agree on.

Problem on here is the Noble apoligists can’t bring themselves to say something like ‘powell should stay’ ‘would be poor if he was dropped’. Simply because they know it's a very distinct possibility based on Noble’s previous actions so wouldn’t dare actually pen an opinion that might contradict something the coach does. One thing they all have in common. All key opinions formed after the fact.

They are no different to people here. Expressing an opinion through a different platform.

Tom Powell is pretty much the one thing most fans agree on.

Problem on here is the Noble apoligists can’t bring themselves to say something like ‘powell should stay’ ‘would be poor if he was dropped’. Simply because they know it's a very distinct possibility based on Noble’s previous actions so wouldn’t dare actually pen an opinion that might contradict something the coach does. One thing they all have in common. All key opinions formed after the fact.
so, to recap, the problem with people here who are "Expressing an opinion" is that they don't write exactly what you think they should write.

Well mate, I've got the perfect solution.

Open up a word document, write down everything you think, and then reply to yourself. You'll be in heaven.

This guy would be better

The Kangaroos welcomed Shinboner number 416, Kevin McMahon, back to Arden Street on Tuesday to help celebrate his 92nd birthday.

McMahon is the club's second-oldest living Shinboner behind former teammate and captain John Brady, who the club welcomed back earlier this year.

A life member of the football club, McMahon was a strong presence on the wing and a highly respected teammate. A consistent and clever player, he also represented Victoria during his playing career.

Kevin-McMahon.jpg
In- Kev
Out- take your pick

The Kangaroos will have some key senior inclusions to pick from this week. Hugh Greenwood will return from the AFL’s health and safety protocols, Jason Horne-Francis is likely to be back after hamstring tightness, while Jy Simpkin is also set to play after missing last week with his own hamstring issue. Ben McKay is an outside chance to return from a knee problem, while Aaron Hall is also closing on a comeback from a hamstring injury. Flynn Perez, Jack Mahony and Kyron Hayden have been on the fringes of the side recently and could make way for the aforementioned experienced trio, while Atu Bosenavulagi and Josh Walker could make way if McKay is fit. Such is the extent of the side’s injury list, the Kangaroos had just five senior-listed players feature in the VFL last week.

R9 medical substitute: Charlie Lazzaro (unused)

Verdict: Greenwood, Horne-Francis and Simpkin to return for Perez, Mahony and Hayden, with Bosenavulagi and Walker at risk of losing their place if McKay is deemed fit. - Riley Beveridge

There's a real spurned lover vibe on much of the commentary around BBB these days.

If you are into revenge, the best revenge is to go on living your life your own way.

He plays for another team now, let's just move on.
I would have rather kept him at the time but it was the right decision with hindsight and he won a flag because of it. WE got Sleevo who, while a bit of cat, will work in the side once we get our s**t together. Even on the weekend he was in everything early but faded.

Win-win I reckon.

Brown never wanted to leave either, even at the end it was obvious he wanted to stay.

The Kangaroos will have some key senior inclusions to pick from this week. Hugh Greenwood will return from the AFL’s health and safety protocols, Jason Horne-Francis is likely to be back after hamstring tightness, while Jy Simpkin is also set to play after missing last week with his own hamstring issue. Ben McKay is an outside chance to return from a knee problem, while Aaron Hall is also closing on a comeback from a hamstring injury. Flynn Perez, Jack Mahony and Kyron Hayden have been on the fringes of the side recently and could make way for the aforementioned experienced trio, while Atu Bosenavulagi and Josh Walker could make way if McKay is fit. Such is the extent of the side’s injury list, the Kangaroos had just five senior-listed players feature in the VFL last week.

R9 medical substitute: Charlie Lazzaro (unused)

Verdict: Greenwood, Horne-Francis and Simpkin to return for Perez, Mahony and Hayden, with Bosenavulagi and Walker at risk of losing their place if McKay is deemed fit. - Riley Beveridge
That sounds ok for changes.

Not sure about the fringe comment - Perez seems pretty settled in the team, Hayden has been in the VFL, only Mahony has been in the seniors and on the verge.

I won’t do anything except experience the feeling of being wrong for the first time.

Ziebell is untouchable. Mahony and Turner are both unaccountable, consistently poor and never dropped. Atu is horrendous and has only been half dropped - did nothing as a sub and straight back in.

Do you really think Noble is suddenly going to grow some balls and make senior players accountable (Atu not included obviously) when he was avoided doing it this season - thrashing after thrashing?

If he makes some senior players accountable and does the universally accepted thing and retains Powell then I’ll more than happily give him credit. Additionally Greenwood should be playing in the 2’s and made to show form to get his spot back - isn’t worthy of a spot based on his performances.

The problem is the coach is in a precarious position and has showed no capacity to make senior players accountable to date. What he will do is very, very obvious. And disappointing to anyone casting an objective eye over it.
can we hire this guy as coach? he has it all figured out!

I'm putting $50 down on North to win.

I haven't seen our odds to win this bad since rd 21 2009 when we beat st kilda (we were $8 pre-game). St kilda...the team that had only lost once all year was a heavy favourite against a sinking North. But a gallant North, led by Swallow, shut down their midfield and gave them nothing all game. Other heroes on that day included Petrie (4 goals), Rawlings (32d), Anthony (31d), and Garlett (20d).

That's right, we beat eventual grand finalists with a midfield of swallow, rawlings, anthony and Garlett.

We will tell our grandchildren and they will tell their grandchildren about the day (21/05/22l the mighty North Melbourne underdogs defeated those tanking bastards Melbourne.

I haven't seen our odds to win this bad since rd 21 2009 when we beat st kilda (we were $8 pre-game). St kilda...the team that had only lost once all year was a heavy favourite against a sinking North. But a gallant North, led by Swallow, shut down their midfield and gave them nothing all game. Other heroes on that day included Petrie (4 goals), Rawlings (32d), Anthony (31d), and Garlett (20d).

That's right, we beat eventual grand finalists with a midfield of swallow, rawlings, anthony and Garlett.

We will tell our grandchildren and they will tell their grandchildren about the day (21/05/22l the mighty North Melbourne underdogs defeated those tanking bastards Melbourne.
Is this the game JHF, LDU and JY announce themselves ~ I'll join you in jumping in on these odds lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds ok for changes.

Not sure about the fringe comment - Perez seems pretty settled in the team, Hayden has been in the VFL, only Mahony has been in the seniors and on the verge.
Should also say that was written before the new injury updates. Hall and McKay are a few weeks away.

IN: JHF, Simpkin

OUT: Mahony, Atu

Swing Perez to defence. I'd like to see Simpkin do a role on Ed Langdon, he is one of the inform players in the comp and Simpkin is our only mid who has the running capacity to go with him. I'd also like to see Powell continue to get midfield minutes. Jed can play Mahony's half forward role.

Greenwood can come back through the VFL.

That was a great day. I went to the MCG to meet my partner after leaving Docklands and random Collingwood supporters saw my North gear and jumped out of their seats to high five me.

I remember this day.

We took my then 7 year old for a raspberry lemonade to celebrate and saint supporters were at the place we were, on an adjacent table talking at lengths about umpires and shooting looks of contempt at us, like we shouldn’t have been happy.

Bunch o’ flogs.

Unless it's against a bunch of Vietnam Vets - pretty sure they'd still be tougher than our lot, and deadset cranky too I'd reckon. And rightly so.
Lieutenant Dan likes this post.

The Kangaroos will have some key senior inclusions to pick from this week. Hugh Greenwood will return from the AFL’s health and safety protocols, Jason Horne-Francis is likely to be back after hamstring tightness, while Jy Simpkin is also set to play after missing last week with his own hamstring issue.

images

I'll go with "Tom Powell omitted" thanks Mr Dealer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back