Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

it’ll be interesting to see how much their issues have leveled the playing field with us.

Our last margin against them was 75 points.

I expect it’ll be closer this year.

The dimensions of the ground should definitely impact our selection of the side as well. Personally think that the smaller ground works in our favour against them who always expose our lack of leg speed. Territory, pressure and contested ball matter as does contested marking.

Greenwood is a must. And with CCJ’s injury and our lack of defensive effort in midfield it’s more likely than unlikely.

In terms of other changes there does need to be some but Clarkson’s team selction has been the worst part of his coaching to date. Continually backing in s**t senior players with no upside and absolutely nothing to lose by dropping them.

Out
Tucker is and probably always has been a nothing player.
Corr as senior backman brings nothing to the team other than pointing
Sleevo did nothing yesterday except blast the bench when he was called to come off then they said stay on.
Ccj injured so I won’t blast him

Ins
Sellers will be a big upgrade on ccj
Ford to start as he always does well
Chom to come in for more height n mongrel in the defence.
Greenwood for ruck backup and tackling pressure

Shiels as sub

Time to make a few changes - few lads aren’t coping at the standard at the moment.

In - Comben, Drury, Shiels, Maley
Out - Pink, Tucker, Steevo, CCJ

Tucker and Steevo aren't performing to the standard at the moment and CCJ is obviously done for the year.

Pink has been ok, it's been a baptism of fire and i'd argue he has suffered the most from our inability to put pressure on the ball. Having said that Comben is starting to look really good down there and it will be his backline for the next 5 years if he puts some games together.

The only 3 blokes you could contemplate bringing in from the 2nds on yesterday form would be Sellers, Maley and Comben.

Be nice if we could get Downie on the list. He'd walk onto the team.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Daniher and Hipswood to play themselves back into form

Horror show

GIF by Justin

Corr won’t go out. We have no-one to replace him. And Comben isn’t the answer to our defensive issues.

I would like to see Maley in for CCJ. He has the size and athleticism to trouble defenders and can pinch hit in the ruck.

Stephenson needs to come out, for who I don’t really give a f*ck.

Phillips did nothing in the reserves today so he has no chance of replacing Lazaro (who actually played ok in patches tonight).

I however would almost be tempted to give Dawson a crack at Hopgood next week, probably in place of Pink.
Seriously, if we have no one to replace Corr, we might as well board the joint up now.

It's that type of thinking that has got us where we are today.

I have no idea whether Comben's the answer - but Corr certainly ain't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, if we have no one to replace Corr, we might as well board the joint up now.

It's that type of thinking that has got us where we are today.

I have know idea whether Comben's the answer - but Corr certainly ain't.
Corr (and McDonald) should never been brought straight back without their fitness being proven in the VFL.

Out: CCJ, Tucker
In: 2 of Chom, Maley, Greenwood, Sellers

Larkey cannot be 2nd ruck and needs someone with some forward craft.

Ford can start and there are options even aside from him for Tucker.

I'd plonk Chom in the backline and have Corr who has some toe to play on a smaller opponent (as his last chance).

Personally, I would like to see Corr play on a smaller guy first and possibly drop LMAC down the line.

OUT: CCJ Corr Tucker Stephenson
IN: Ford Comben Sellers Shiels Greenwood

B: Pink Comben McDonald
HB: McKercher Dawson Fisher
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Simpkin Sellers Duursma
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Greenwood Shiels Lazzaro
S: Stephens

This must be the side we take to Adelaide. Corr, Tucker and Stephenson have to go. Statement needs to be made Clarko. Stephens to sub.

Sellers > CCJ
Chom > Corr
Ford > Sleevo
Phillips > Tucker
Greenwood Sub

More marking power at both ends of the ground, more of a hard edge around the contest and Greenwood is good insurance to cover any position if there is an injury. Have to be ready for a Brisbane team that is going to be galavanised with dirty laundry being brought out in the media.

I was there last year with my mom and a few mates

We left at the start of the 3rd quarter

Absolutely disgusting performance

Daniher, hipwood, Cameron all to kick huge bags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back