Preview Changes vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't drop Cordy on the eve of finals (hopefully)

The harder the game and the conditions are you need players like Cordy who has attributes that footballers had in the 70's 80's 90's 00's and 10's

Young was very good but 100% this. You would back Cordy in at finals intensity.

Don't know what the solution is but I feel as though Cordy can help Young and Young can help Cordy (hope it makes sense)

I was worried yesterday that our lack of ruck would get worse as the game went on, but in fact the opposite happened. The reason being our mids stepped up in the third and worked their guts out, and so they should every quarter. English comes back in but I'm unsure as to who we drop. Nobody deserves to go out, Lewis Young did a great job. I thought Richards and Dickson were our two quietest but then the Ballarat conditions are going to suit someone like Dickson and possibly the run of Richards. For once we have a selection dilemma

No change.

If English is still suffering gastro, he probably won't get enough training done during the week.
No to dropping Hayes, he gives us a nice balance with his outside run, and doing a lot of good defensive work.

If we absolutely need to make room for someone, it should be Richards that gets dropped.

Adelaide will bring some heat to the game.

Heard a snippet from Tex Walker telling supporters to judge them after the Dogs game and how they respond.
Won't matter what he says or how they play. We bring the same pressure, skills and intensity as the last two weeks, we will roll them. Our A game will force them to play their D game.

English in, Cordy out

I’d be concerned if English doesn’t get up. Adelaide’s ruck duo is far scarier then Simpson and Trengrove really battled last game.

Won't matter what he says or how they play. We bring the same pressure, skills and intensity as the last two weeks, we will roll them. Our A game will force them to play their D game.

Yep we cant control what they do but we can control what we do. Would be good if they shut shop up for the year ha!

Even a win for them would open up the window for PA to get into the 8 and Crows fans would not like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep we cant control what they do but we can control what we do. Would be good if they shut shop up for the year ha!

Even a win for them would open up the window for PA to get into the 8 and Crows fans would not like that.
I think that’s the point - if we’re up by even 20 points then in most of their players’ minds they need to kick 7 unanswered goals to have a chance, but might just hand it to Port.

That being the case, we have a lot more motivation to win and really have no excuse for not turning up to have a serious crack.

Dickson looked very sore coming off the ground.

Wouldn't be surprised if he misses.

I'd like to see Cordy go forward, Trengove back and English back in to Ruck.

Anyone know when the MRO release their findings? Just want to be absolutley sure about Bont. Want to feel safe 😂
Bontempelli has been handed a $2000 fine for his late bump on Nick Haynes, which forced the Giants defender from the field and struggling to catch his breath in the aftermath.

The contact was deemed high, though crucially Michael Christian assessed the impact as low, meaning he will be available to meet Adelaide in next week's critical round 23 clash.

Just not sure how the bump can be deemed high given it "winded" Haynes....meaning it got him in the rib cage which is legal

Bontempelli has been handed a $2000 fine for his late bump on Nick Haynes, which forced the Giants defender from the field and struggling to catch his breath in the aftermath.

The contact was deemed high, though crucially Michael Christian assessed the impact as low, meaning he will be available to meet Adelaide in next week's critical round 23 clash.

Just not sure how the bump can be deemed high given it "winded" Haynes....meaning it got him in the rib cage which is legal
Maybe they realise Bont is one of the Brownlow favourites and have given him the Dusty/Ablett/Danger treatment?

Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

The latest forecast for Sunday in Ballarat...

Max: 9
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely during the morning. Winds northwest to southwesterly 20 to 25 km/h. Rain: 1-3mm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back