Priddis level of slowness?

giphy.gif

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Although the idea of carrying players in when they aren’t 100% isn’t exactly ideal, Rioli is simply too good not to play this week in the seniors. Like JK who has slowly built his minutes this year, the positives well outweigh the negatives.

We will end up carrying NN for the rest of the year when he comes back on 60% game time- because what he can bring in those minutes is far superior to the person replacing him, even on longer minutes.

Even as a forward, on limited minutes, Willie is more than capable of doing more damage than most. I can’t wait to see him back out there.

Our premiership forward line is finally complete again. (Minus lecca, obviously)

Nervous tonight. But I think if we come with the right mindset we win.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Adding Nic Nat at FF too allowing JD to roam will be huge to this team.
I think id rather JK to roam.Ive said for a long time hes better suited to CHF.Agree with NN to fullforward.Imagine Venners,Cripps,Rioli,Petrol and Ryan at the feet of NN. Geez i think i better go have a cold shower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
My concern isn't with the relative value of his contribution. The minutes he doesn't play have to be covered by other players. If we have an early injury then suddenly we have a lot of bench minutes for Willie + injured player that have to be covered by others.
It's a risk you take.

We will be doing the same with NN on return, and he will never be a 80-90% game time player again. It's probably best to work Rioli up over a few weeks so that he is at full fitness come the bye, and therefore we don't have two major guys on managed minutes on NN's return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back