Preview Changes vs Port Pirie Power...

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Atkins had a shocker, Gooch and Knight were both fairly quiet.
2 of those 3 out for Ned and Jones.

Think we may go unchanged though unless there were injuries.

Knight and Gallucci went at 31 and 33% DE respectively.

Gallucci with only one tackle.

Jones and Ned in for these two just looks like a no brainer.

In: McHenry, Jones
Out: Gallucci, Mackay

B: Keath, Talia, Laird
HB: Smith, Hartigan, Gibbs
C: Jones, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Himmelberg, Murphy
F: Betts, Walker, Greenwood
R: O'Brien, Sloane, Brouch
I: Kelly, Ellis-Yolmen, Knight, McHenry

Out: Gibbs

the dropping clearly wasn't the kick in the ass he needs, no suprise given how quickly we bought him back in.

Drop him and tell him you don't care how many easy posessions he racks up, you want to see him do the tough stuff over and over for a few weeks before he's even considered.
it's not even about easy possessions, it's what he continually does with him. hospital handballs and kicking the footy right on the point. 700k to a bloke in the u/14's. you can't have someone like him on half back turning it over so many times.

i'd like to see fogarty, mchenry, wilson and jones. but i doubt we make 4 changes after a win.

also dont want to see jenkins even considered until he kicks an absolute bag. 6 or 7.

Mackay actually WAS good.

Knight, Atkins, Gallucci would all be worried.
Those three would be worried certainly. Also Murphy.

Mackay was invisible. By rights should be worried but obviously won't be.

Knight and Gallucci went at 31 and 33% DE respectively.

Gallucci with only one tackle.

Jones and Ned in for these two just looks like a no brainer.
Agreed. Gibbs wasn't amazing but he went at 70%.

This is the only thing that makes sense.

Gallucci had not done near enough in the SANFL to get the call up in the first place.
Maybe at years end it might be in our interest to see if he wants to head home and we can set up a possible player / pick swap..he looks like he might get there as a player but maybe we are not the right club for that to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke with a source involved with the game on friday night. He said they were basically hoping the footy didnt go near macadam and stengle to stop them from scoring. Believes once his fitness is upto standard Macadam will play Afl, most likely 2nd half of the year. Also said that Mchenry and Jones while skinny are absolute jets. Mchenry is better than Jones he reckons. Michael Talia apparently suffocated Jenkins all night.

Maybe at years end it might be in our interest to see if he wants to head home and we can set up a possible player / pick swap..he looks like he might get there as a player but maybe we are not the right club for that to happen
Currently I honestly think we'd be struggling to get a late 2nd early 3rd for him unless he can take a game by the throat so a player swap probably the go.

it's not even about easy possessions, it's what he continually does with him. hospital handballs and kicking the footy right on the point. 700k to a bloke in the u/14's. you can't have someone like him on half back turning it over so many times.

i'd like to see fogarty, mchenry, wilson and jones. but i doubt we make 4 changes after a win.

also dont want to see jenkins even considered until he kicks an absolute bag. 6 or 7.
I think you gave him $200K too many.....Roo said he took a significant pay-cut to come back home and is apparently on less than McGovern who re-signed for around $550K at that time before he did a dash for more cash to Carlton.

Murphy was back to his invisible self. 1 tackle and 9 pressure acts for a defensive small forward is shocking. His goals over the last 2 games will see him retained, but another game like tonight will seen him on the chopping block

Knight was poor tonight, his worst game for a while.

Out Knight
In McHenry

In:
Jones
McHenry

Out:
Knight
Gibbs/Galluci - coin toss for me on this one.

Came here to post literally exactly this.

Gut feel is that Brown needs one more week in the SANFL.

Knight’s form is deplorable and he simply has to be dropped.

Neither of Gibbs or Gallucci are offering much to the side.

If it’s based on effort, you drop Gibbs - he put in less effort than anyone from either side today and it was pretty striking.

If it’s based on team balance, you probably drop Gallucci, because I can see either of McHenry or Jones playing Gallucci’s current role at half forward, and playing it well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back