Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our current ladder position flatters us, realistically we’re probably the 3rd-5th best team on recent form. Our losses support this. But that’s OK, there are plenty of standout teams that didn’t win it because someone else just happened to have their day in the sun at the right time.

That could easily be us this year. We’re all but guaranteed Top 4 now, in the right spot for once. We’re a big chance.
Compared to who? A Brisbane team snuck home against North Melbourne by 2 points? A Geelong side that couldn't shake off the Crows? A Richmond side that couldn't kill off Essendon?

I mean sure we're lacking when compared to West Coast's form in Perth.

I think there's a lot of people who don't pay much attention to how other clubs are actually going.

Last edited:

I mean the markets have us as 5th favourite, but not far off the other four, which is about where I think we should be. If I was betting at even money I'd put it on Richmond or Wet Toast before us, but breaking it down to a probability level Richmond probably has about 20% to win and we probably have about 15%.

Richmond: 20%
Wet Toast: 19%
Brisbane: 17%
Ports: 15%
Cats: 15%
Other (Saints, Dogs, Dubs, Pies, Dees combined): 14%

Feels about right to me. We are definitely a chance now which is all that matters.

I mean the markets have us as 5th favourite, but not far off the other four, which is about where I think we should be. If I was betting at even money I'd put it on Richmond or Wet Toast before us, but breaking it down to a probability level Richmond probably has about 20% to win and we probably have about 15%.

Feels about right to me. We are definitely a chance now which is all that matters.
I would have us at 3rd to 4th favourite but who knows on the day.

Providing he stays fit, even if Chaz loses a bit of his speed and agility, he's still going to be a monolithic beast requiring a capable defender. Throw Marshall and Georgi boy in the 50 and that's still a tough combo to match up on. Happy with 3 years.

You would of thought the club would have announced Dixon’s new contract today if it was actually done. Unless we plan to announce it tomorrow.

Compared to who? A Brisbane team snuck home against North Melbourne by 2 points? A Geelong side that couldn't shake off the Crows? A Richmond side that couldn't kill off Essendon?

I mean sure we're lacking when compared to West Coast's form in Perth.

I think there's a lot of people who don't pay much attention to how other clubs are actually going.
tenor-4.gif

I notice they did an Erin loves the Crows story yesterday

Erin was on the radio this morning confirming she's still a Port fan.

She's the only good thing they've got going and she still knows who's no.1.

Hopefully the club have an offer on the table for her to coach our AFLW side once we're in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin was on the radio this morning confirming she's still a Port fan.

She's the only good thing they've got going and she still knows who's no.1.

Hopefully the club have an offer on the table for her to coach our AFLW side once we're in.
I have no faith we will bet an AFLW team in the next decade.
It was years before we were getting one before Covid19 and now there will be even less $$$$

It will be interesting to see if a profession athlete like her can extend her AFLW career longer than most would expect given the players around her.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Markets based on perception which in part is based on anti port commentators. We should be 2nd/equal 3rd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Markets based on perception which in part is based on anti port commentators. We should be 2nd/equal 3rd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We haven't won a final in five years and finished top 4 in over a decade.

Only Brisbane have to go further back than that from that selection.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

So 3 year contract for Dixon. Never felt any danger he was leaving, and happy he's resigned, but 3 years?

How do we all feel about that? 33 years old as a big, tall, heavy, previously injury prone player?

It's a fair old gamble you'd think. I would've given 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back