Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He is one of the best power forwards in the game. We have built our entire forward structure around him and when he is on, he turns games in your favour.

No one at his size moves as nimbly and with such agility as he does. His body is in great nick and he is settled in Adelaide.

His final in 2017 was one of the best by a key forward in the last decade. He didn't kick straight but quite frankly if even just 2 or 3 other players on the team slightly lifted their game that night, we win that final and Charlie is lauded as a hero. He's going to have a major impact in October.

Tredrea was Ports from birth. A little bit different.

I'll back Dixon in with his new dedication to fitness being a big reason why I think his 3rd year will sh*t all over Teds current year.
Boak and Chadbro would have had a lot of influence on his new fitness too. I am sure they will work with him to maintain it.

Great news. 3 years seems to be the right amount of years where all parties walk away reasonably happy.

He is still 29 (turning 30 soon) so 3 more years is reasonable given his body now has probably never been in better shape.

2 years might’ve given him reason to look seriously at the Brisbane offer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

bb4d51e3-3592-4452-a678-aa39ef9fb4db.jpg

100%

As much as many ppl want to believe it around here, our list managers and footy dept are pretty accomplished. I’m backing the call in. I’m happy with it. Charlie been great this year and shows so much passion. Imagine if he has a big finals series. Anything could happen

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd struggle to think of a mistep since the Lobbe (and to a lesser extent Hartlett) uber contracts.

Motlop and Watts haven't come off as planned but they were still good gets for where we thought we were at the time, for basically zero draft capital.

See I'm probably there

I cant see Robbie or Boak winning a flag,

Sack Hinkley
Carn, this is a bit defeatist. We're sitting #1, how about we give them that shot rather than going back to the drawing board AGAIN.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - if we're not prepared to give a team a crack at a flag when they're top then we may as well sign up for the SNAFL again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie is in arguably career best form. If he only has two years left, we are a shamozzle. Then again, Schulz was done two years after his best, and Tredders was not even a year after a BnF.

Being A KPF at Port. It's better to burn out, than to face away.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Charlie is in arguably career best form. If he only has two years left, we are a shamozzle. Then again, Schulz was done two years after his best, and Tredders was not even a year after a BnF.

Being A KPF at Port. It's better to burn out, than to face away.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

In fairness to Tredders he was clearly in his twilight years when he won that B&F, we just weren't much good so his class shone through. Remember Kane Cornes won B&Fs in 2010 and 2012 basically just by being a professional level athlete when barely anyone else at the club was.

Agree with you that it seems like we're past the point where our players seem to fall of a cliff physically after 30. I'd expect Dixon to be at the very least servicable best 22 throughout this contract.

I can’t complain with 3 years. Personally I’d prefer to have given him 2 years but if there’s a 4 year offer coming from another club then I suppose it’d be wise to offer a 3rd year. Now to focus on this year and hopefully Charlie can kick into another’s gear, the game vs Sydney was a great start.

Carn, this is a bit defeatist. We're sitting #1, how about we give them that shot rather than going back to the drawing board AGAIN.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - if we're not prepared to give a team a crack at a flag when they're top then we may as well sign up for the SNAFL again.

I think our current ladder position flatters us, realistically we’re probably the 3rd-5th best team on recent form. Our losses support this. But that’s OK, there are plenty of standout teams that didn’t win it because someone else just happened to have their day in the sun at the right time.

That could easily be us this year. We’re all but guaranteed Top 4 now, in the right spot for once. We’re a big chance.

We actually offered Charlie 4, but when he heard Ken was only getting 3 he decided to take the same as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back