Games & Recreation Childhood toys that take your nostalgia to 11

Remove this Banner Ad

There used to be a shop called the Candy Cabin at our local shopping centre which would be packed with kids after school. It had one of the best selections of lollies I've seen, we were literally like kids in a candy store. You could get a decent bag of lollies for 50 cents and for a dollar you could get enough to make yourself sick.

I do like stumbling across a US candy shop - such a different array of lollies to be tried

I worked in a cinema in the US and they had a candy section there with things like Reece's Pieces and Hershey bars, a lot of their chocolate doesn't taste as nice as the chocolate here though, it's too sweet. Their flavoured chocolate milk is terrible too, it tasted like they had mixed half a tin of Quik into it.

I worked in a cinema in the US and they had a candy section there with things like Reece's Pieces and Hershey bars, a lot of their chocolate doesn't taste as nice as the chocolate here though, it's too sweet. Their flavoured chocolate milk is terrible too, it tasted like they had mixed half a tin of Quik into it.

US candy in moderation. Hershey's kisses = good. Big slab of Hershey's = bad.

Not a fan of peanut butter so cant comment on Reeces.
dales.girl38 can tho.

US has better potato chips than us. Easily. And better cinema popcorn. Hands down better popcorn than ours, ours is s**t.

dales.girl38 can tho.

US has better potato chips than us. Easily. And better cinema popcorn. Hands down better popcorn than ours, ours is sh*t.

Yeah they have some great potato chips there. I'm not a big fan of popcorn though, we were allowed to eat as much free popcorn as we wanted at the cinema I worked at but I hardly ever ate it and neither did anyone else that worked there. it's OK every now and then but it's not the sort of stuff you could eat every day.

dales.girl38 can tho.

US has better potato chips than us. Easily. And better cinema popcorn. Hands down better popcorn than ours, ours is sh*t.

I got right into "Ranch" Doritos over there. Like every time I went to the market into. Loved them sooooo much.

I don't even know what flavour a ranch is supposed to be. I thought that was where Americans kept their cows? But ground up into a fine powder and sprinkled on corn chips was loooooverly!

I got right into "Ranch" Doritos over there. Like every time I went to the market into. Loved them sooooo much.

I don't even know what flavour a ranch is supposed to be. I thought that was where Americans kept their cows? But ground up into a fine powder and sprinkled on corn chips was loooooverly!

same as ranch dressing i would presume?

Tried Hersheys and Reeses when in the States. Hersheys they can shove up their arse (is that how they got the name Hershey Squirts?) and just about threw up after a couple of Reeses. Absolutely cannot explain their fascination and love for them. Maybe its American vegemite.

Oh, and Twinkies: * me they were atrocious. Bought a 12-pack and threw 10 away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and delicious - do remember going to a Big Walmart or something like that and it basically had a whole fridge isle of ranch dressing.....

Great on wings. Some use it on pizza.

On a similar note, what the hell are chicken flavoured chips/twisties?? At least Ranch flavour is based off a dressing. Chicken flavour is just herbs as far as I can tell.

Yeah I loved the Ranch favoured Doritos there and Doritos in general, that was before they had arrived in Australia and we just had shitty CCs which didn't have as much favour, although they have improved their flavour now to compete with Doritos.

Tried Hersheys and Reeses when in the States. Hersheys they can shove up their arse (is that how they got the name Hershey Squirts?) and just about threw up after a couple of Reeses. Absolutely cannot explain their fascination and love for them. Maybe its American vegemite.

Oh, and Twinkies: fu** me they were atrocious. Bought a 12-pack and threw 10 away.

Never tried Twinkies, they looked sickly sweet so I had a feeling I wouldn't like them.

Maybe in a Vegas buffet or something. Good American steakhouses are awesome!

I think I went to a Crackerbarrel? In Virginia. 'Pon recommendation from a local I was working with to get a real genuine American breakfast!

Had the usual 15 minute argument with the waitress about how I wanted my eggs done, and I knew the bacon was going to be problematic. But I was genuinely looking forward to trying "grits". Had no idea what they were, or what they looked like. But I'd been aware of them since a kid watching reruns of Alice during school holidays.

So I'm very much in Over the Post's corner here. The grits were bloody horrible. Lukewarm half dissolved tapioca style gunge in a bowl. But at least they were better than the Country Gravy!

Did I get a dud deal? Did old mate stitch me up?

"Kiss mah grits" indeed Flo! Now I understand why she always shouted it at Mel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back