Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Guangzhou now for work, China is a huge market to get into. Well done, good luck, if it comes off you'll reap the rewards.
Whether other teams supporters realise it or not this is for all of us. Not just Port. Never has a push into another country had a benefactor bankrolling it from grass roots to the top level. Lets hope for the sake of spreading our game, growing the tv rights, increasing participation and the possible increase in international business and travellers it benefits us all.

Wow. What a day. I'm still in shock it's all true.
Huge thanks to everyone;
KT, Kochie, Andrew Hunter, Lockhart Road , Mr Gui, AFL, Coch' and his GC Suns and everyone else involved.
Highly doubt I'll make it over but what a spectacle it'll be.

The key is to now capitalise on the hard work and ensure other clubs don't reap the rewards of our hard work.

Too true. You know, Cornesy said exactly that on 5AA yesterday. Shows to go you that in the Army back in the late sixties they beat a heap of mistrust and at least a modicum of sense into you.

Let's just hope we sell 4 million 1 dollar memberships a year, watch the rest of the AFL clubs want a bit of the action then. Seriously hope we can generate some coin of the back of this, serious coin. Well done little old suburban club. The corporation can have Gibbs Actually they can't even get that right....

Well, it's happening. I'm going to be a chump and pop down to a travel agent and spend some decent coin on this trip for myself and miss feel, I would feel more comfortable going to an agent since i've got absolutely no idea what i'm doing. Ofcourse, she is to remain unaware until I surprise her with it. :)

The kicker, i've managed to rope my Mum into a trip over too, even to the footy - where she hasn't been in over 25 years.

The travelling party is getting bigger by the second, with my Chinese friends who I introduced to AFL two years ago and have now been to four games, are also now keen to come over for the game too.

Says it all. God I hate them, nothing more than a corporation. View attachment 304944

Well colour me amazed....

2vb6bcz.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Norton: "Hello...? Caro...?"
Caro: "Er... yes. Norts?"
Norts: "You know it is. Where's your piece on our historical announcement today?"
Caro: "Er... you mean the game in Shanghai?"
Norts: "Of course."
Caro: "Sunday, 21st May?"
Norts: "No, Caro. That was the date we fed the media. Even Rooch got fed that date."
Caro: "Oh no. It's Sunday, 28th May?"
Norts: "No, Caro, that clashes with the International Soccer 7s at the Hong Kong Football Club."
Caro: "The what?"
Norts: "International Soccer 7s. Hong Kong Football Club.... Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool ... they're all sending their junior squads - "
Caro (desperately seeking tangent): "You're talking about soccer now?"
Norts: "No, Caro. Sunday, 28 May 2017 is soccer in Hong Kong .... Sunday, 14th May 2017 is AFL in Shanghai."
Caro (stroppy): You're purposely confusing me."
Norts (equally sharp of tone): "Caro, get off it. Where's your story about Port Adelaide versus Gold Coast at Jiangwan Stadium in Shanghai on Sunday, 14th May 2017?"
Caro (long sigh, surrender sort of sigh): "It's being ... edited as we speak."
Norts: "By Shuttlecock, right?"
Caro: "No. By Fagan. I deal only at the top, Norts. You know that."

It was Tim Watson's opening footy story on the Ch7 news in Melbourne tonight.

Showed footage of the announcement made at the Melbourne Chinese museum. Port are trying to lock in future annual games in China, a minimum of five years. The AFL is likely to say yes but they haven't given a firm commitment yet.

Daniel Norton: "Hello...? Caro...?"
Caro: "Er... yes. Norts?"
Norts: "You know it is. Where's your piece on our historical announcement today?"
Caro: "Er... you mean the game in Shanghai?"
Norts: "Of course."
Caro: "Sunday, 21st May?"
Norts: "No, Caro. That was the date we fed the media. Even Rooch got fed that date."
Caro: "Oh no. It's Sunday, 28th May?"
Norts: "No, Caro, that clashes with the International Soccer 7s at the Hong Kong Football Club."
Caro: "The what?"
Norts: "International Soccer 7s. Hong Kong Football Club.... Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool ... they're all sending their junior squads - "
Caro (desperately seeking tangent): "You're talking about soccer now?"
Norts: "No, Caro. Sunday, 28 May 2017 is soccer in Hong Kong .... Sunday, 14th May 2017 is AFL in Shanghai."
Caro (stroppy): You're purposely confusing me."
Norts (equally sharp of tone): "Caro, get off it. Where's your story about Port Adelaide versus Gold Coast at Jiangwan Stadium in Shanghai on Sunday, 14th May 2017?"
Caro (long sigh, surrender sort of sigh): "It's being ... edited as we speak."
Norts: "By Shuttlecock, right?"
Caro: "No. By Fagan. I deal only at the top, Norts. You know that."
Heard a caller or may have been SMS last night on AA on the back Rowie and Caro claiming the China game won't go ahead in '17 referring to Caro as the crows sponsored journo. Your reach is far and wide LR.

It was Tim Watson's opening footy story on the Ch7 news in Melbourne tonight.

Showed footage of the announcement made at the Melbourne Chinese museum. Port are trying to lock in future annual games in China, a minimum of five years. The AFL is likely to say yes but they haven't given a firm commitment yet.

Gillon doesn't deal in firm commitments. Gillon deals in straw polls of all the club CEO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back