Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's happening. I'm going to be a chump and pop down to a travel agent and spend some decent coin on this trip for myself and miss feel, I would feel more comfortable going to an agent since i've got absolutely no idea what i'm doing. Ofcourse, she is to remain unaware until I surprise her with it. :)

The kicker, i've managed to rope my Mum into a trip over too, even to the footy - where she hasn't been in over 25 years.

The travelling party is getting bigger by the second, with my Chinese friends who I introduced to AFL two years ago and have now been to four games, are also now keen to come over for the game too.
hqdefault.jpg

Well, it's happening. I'm going to be a chump and pop down to a travel agent and spend some decent coin on this trip for myself and miss feel, I would feel more comfortable going to an agent since i've got absolutely no idea what i'm doing. Ofcourse, she is to remain unaware until I surprise her with it. :)

The kicker, i've managed to rope my Mum into a trip over too, even to the footy - where she hasn't been in over 25 years.

The travelling party is getting bigger by the second, with my Chinese friends who I introduced to AFL two years ago and have now been to four games, are also now keen to come over for the game too.

So what you're telling us is that after all of this, you still won't have been overseas without your parents :D

Jesus christ, this board will be empty that week when all the cool kids are gone. :(

Lies. We'll just relocate our shitposting base to downtown Shanghai.

For reference, if you have booked a flight leaving China, you can stay in Shanghai visa-free for 72 hours.

I would suggest spending time in Hong Kong or Taiwan and less time in China, if you've already visited Shanghai. Cathay do direct flights to HK from ADL

Here is the Suns take on things from Chairman Tony Cochrane. Not hard to see why under his reign he took the the V8 supercar series from a breakeven sport to a very successful. He and his fellow investors turned a $52k minor shareholding investment in 1996 to a majority 60% shareholding and sold out in 2011 for $195mil. Before he ran AVESCO he was promoting musical acts from the Stones, Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Farnsey and Livvy and also produced many big musicals. He gets the great opportunity this is for The GC Community and the Suns.

Geez I have never seen such vile comments from some of their posters. Wonder if they carry on like that at home .. bet they don't...

they are a vanilla club with vanilla supporters happy to accept the status quo, always have and always will. I am still amazed by the fact that they need to be told when to cheer at the games with 'applause now' flashing on the screen after each goal.

Did you book it through the email? What package did you get?

I want to meet Lockhart Road and give him the biggest.....

Would be fantastic to gather up BF Members to meet at the game.... I was never going to miss this opportunity.

I don't know what if I am more excited about, this or the first game at the AO?

Right now, going to China to watch our team is leading by far for me....
Nah just booked independently - worked out a fair bit cheaper, I'm sure as it gets closer everyone who's going will sync some plans for a post game brew for sure :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, I've got a new born and some serious house extensions happening at the moment but all this talk on the forum is getting me excited for a short holiday.. especially given we aren't playing in the NT this year!

For reference, if you have booked a flight leaving China, you can stay in Shanghai visa-free for 72 hours.

I would suggest spending time in Hong Kong or Taiwan and less time in China, if you've already visited Shanghai. Cathay do direct flights to HK from ADL
So if you book a 10 day trip for example.I take it you need a Visa and how do you obtain one?

Who gives a f@#k what they think?

Let them go troppo.
It's just a stupid call from people who no nothing about business. The last comment didn't bother me, but to not see the commercial value is just dumb. Wait till we make good coin out of it - the Cows and every other club will be pushing us out.

Ok, I've got a new born and some serious house extensions happening at the moment but all this talk on the forum is getting me excited for a short holiday.. especially given we aren't playing in the NT this year!

Debt is temporary - memories are forever :)

Good to see Crows fans showing their true colours......and they have the gall to call us feral.
Hardly just them. A quick browse of the main board, confirming why I stay away from there usually, is basically:
"Hawks fine to play in Tassie and takes it to other fans"
"Melbourne great to play in NT and takes it to others"
"Melbourne clubs getting 6 or 7 'away' games in Melbourne is all good"

BUT Port coughing up $600k so it reads Port vs. Suns rather than Suns vs. Port is evil incarnate. More fans, more money for the AFL and record TV viewers is a side show to the real issue of it not being a Vic. club getting some sort of one up over the rest.

You can hire a sweatshop full of shitposters to revive the Butcher thread while you're there.

I already outsource my shitposting to a family of cabbage farmers in the Ukraine.

I cannot believe it but Mrs Powerstufff has provisionally agreed to us going. I must say I have clocked up the brownie points in recent months but this was too easy. I'm running this morning's conversation (as I recall it) past my lawyers to check my liability now and in the future for attending things like craft fairs and farmers' markets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back