Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At any rate, does he not realise that we bought the rights to the game from the Suns? Does he really think we'd be that stupid to let some other club come in on the back of our hard work and overshadow us? We maintain all hosting rights, so it won't be Gold Coast sponsors on the billboards, but Port Adelaide ones.

Sent a text in to the show saying this but it never was read out! The fact we bought the game from them means they hold no rights surely!

Hi guys, can you provide some more info on this, how much is Port paying the GC?

It was my understanding the AFL were compensating the GC for playing their home game in China.

The jumper we wore in multicultural round is exactly what we should wear, but obviously it will have the white panel this time. It has the Chinese flag on it side by side with the Australian flag, it's discreet, respectful and appropriate.

I really hope we don't go beyond that and add some token red into our guernsey.
I'm sure Andrew Hunter and our China Management team will advise on such things.

Hi guys, can you provide some more info on this, how much is Port paying the GC?

It was my understanding the AFL were compensating the GC for playing their home game in China.

According to more than a few mouth breathers on your board I believe it's a combination of the State Emergency Levy, some land tax and possibly some stamp duty from the sale of West Lakes as well as 10% of every family ticket to Monarto Zoo that is funding the entire thing.

...... It was my understanding the AFL were compensating the GC for playing their home game in China.
Your understanding based on what?

The official AFL announcement;
Port, Suns to face off in Shanghai in round eight clash
"The Power has made back about three-quarters of the cost of the China game already, so the club is confident it will make money out of the venture."

The official PAFC announcement;
Port Adelaide to host historic first premiership season game in Shanghai in 2017

The official Gold Coast Suns announcement;
Gold Coast to play Port Adelaide in Shanghai

According to more than a few mouth breathers on your board I believe it's a combination of the State Emergency Levy, some land tax and possibly some stamp duty from the sale of West Lakes as well as 10% of every family ticket to Monarto Zoo that is funding the entire thing.

...but in return Mr Gui will be fully funding Popeye and the paddle boats!

That board is going to be a fun place to visit when this all eventuates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your understanding based on what?

The official AFL announcement;
Port, Suns to face off in Shanghai in round eight clash
"The Power has made back about three-quarters of the cost of the China game already, so the club is confident it will make money out of the venture."

The official PAFC announcement;
Port Adelaide to host historic first premiership season game in Shanghai in 2017

The official Gold Coast Suns announcement;
Gold Coast to play Port Adelaide in Shanghai
Pretty clear that AFL is not compensating GC Suns which proves previous suspicions that crows customers understanding = oxymoron, it is merely a mirage.

Pretty clear that AFL is not compensating GC Suns which proves previous suspicions that crows customers understanding = oxymoron, it is merely a mirage.

As is their match day attendance once they start to lose.

As for the match in China how can it possibly be anything other than successful?

Earlier this month children in Chengdu, Gold Coast’s sister city, had the opportunity to experience the indigenous Australian game through the Auskick program- the first ever for the city.

Just another pissy little city of over 10 mil people in a province with over 80 mil. Well done to the GC

http://english.cctv.com/2016/11/24/VIDEflam3MIo26NBK9nEb3Fu161124.shtml
Australia to launch 10-year visa for Chinese
Starting next month, Chinese tourists planning a trip to Australia will be able to apply for a 10-year multiple entry visa. The move is part of an effort to improve upon a growing relationship with Australia’s biggest trading partner, and capture an even greater piece of the country’s largest international tourism market.
“I think it is saying to China that you are our partner, not just a market. You are a partner of people and we want to form long term business relationships with you, not just a market where we sell commodities to,” said Professor Tim Harcourt, economist of UNSW.

Many Australian products are in demand in China, from food to wine. And tourism officials say some of the best advertising comes from overseas visitors.

http://english.cctv.com/2016/11/24/VIDEflam3MIo26NBK9nEb3Fu161124.shtml
Australia to launch 10-year visa for Chinese
Starting next month, Chinese tourists planning a trip to Australia will be able to apply for a 10-year multiple entry visa. The move is part of an effort to improve upon a growing relationship with Australia’s biggest trading partner, and capture an even greater piece of the country’s largest international tourism market.
“I think it is saying to China that you are our partner, not just a market. You are a partner of people and we want to form long term business relationships with you, not just a market where we sell commodities to,” said Professor Tim Harcourt, economist of UNSW.

Many Australian products are in demand in China, from food to wine. And tourism officials say some of the best advertising comes from overseas visitors.

In addition, with English being taught in many Chinese schools, Oz exporters and notably the PAFC have an extraordinary opportunity to further develop trade,political and sporting partnerships with China which also includes HK. As has been mentioned earlier, China is a complex and diverse culture that cannot simply be conveniently slotted into a little 'red' box.

I think that there is a false sense of security with wearing our jumper in a country where its main colour is similar to the opposing side that was picked to play us in Shanghai.

AS others have said, its all about winning the game to win in a jumper that is unique, which is what the Chinese like when it comes to western world lifestyle and products. I am happy for the Gold Coast to wear their orangee red jumper.

Lets stick with our Jumper and be the team that is the winning darkside to promote in China. Wouldn't it be a sight to see a BiB jumpers in the streets of Shanghai?
Problem solved gentlemen
10409010_10152857036538882_8875695208485787440_n (2).jpg

lol. You truly are a ***** aren't you :rainbow:

With 4 picks in the top 10 draft pics this year, id say they have been well compensated :rolleyes:

Drafting Atley from Bendigo and Drew from North Ballarat is good for our China strategy and linking in with Chinese who went to the gold fields via walking from Robe. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back