Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading this is reinforces that Port have shown great foresight, are brave and really are leading the way with the China drive, doing it the right way and the right country, leaving Fagan in our wake, wringing his hands at the 'sideshow'

http://www.afr.com/brand/chanticlee...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
But while airlines, hotels and other tourism operators have been quick to jump on the Asian tourism boom, most Australian companies are still failing to capitalise on the opportunity of being on the doorstep of the world's fastest-growing economies.
Huge imbalance in the focus that the boards and management of Australian companies continue to give the region compared with Western markets like the United States, Europe and smaller neighbours like New Zealand.
"The first piece of advice that I'm not personally very good at it is being patient. Don't assume that what you do in Australia and what's right for Australia is right for the market places up in Asia. Each country is very different. You need to invest in learning that marketplace. Hire a strong local team," Holgate told Chanticleer in an interview earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/brand/chanticlee...acebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#ixzz4VdrAn5E8
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Is it weird that they used the word "Oriental" here? It has a bit of a "all Asians are the same" vibe to it.

Chinese tourists coming to Australia aren't having a caucasian adventure, are they?
Watch the BBC World News or SKY UK News and you will notice that Asian means Indians or Pakistani and Oriental is used for when they want to refer to nationalities east of Bangladesh.

Since I picked up on that about 6-8 years ago from those UK news services I regularly use the term Oriental Asia or Oriental to differentiate Asians from Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, India Sri Lanka etc. Also watching the Socceroos play all across the Asian continent has added to why i make the distinction.

Last edited:
ACL fixtures have been announced: Adelaide United V Jiangsu Suning on 9th of May. Would there be a potential meet up of club officials, exchange of apparel, tour of Alberton, cross-code player ham-ups for the Chinese reporters/photographers on the horizon? It would give the SA Great crowd the shits but who cares :p

According to today's The Advertiser;

"... He [co-owner Dan Mendelson] told Off The Record that six restaurant-styled stores – three in Shanghai and three in Fujian Province – will open in March, branded as Burger Theory China.

..... Burger Theory China may soon sign as a major sponsor of Port Adelaide – both for the inaugural match in Shanghai on May 14 against Gold Coast and in an ongoing capacity. ......"

"... He [co-owner Dan Mendelson] told Off The Record that six restaurant-styled stores – three in Shanghai and three in Fujian Province – will open in March, branded as Burger Theory China.

..... Burger Theory China may soon sign as a major sponsor of Port Adelaide – both for the inaugural match in Shanghai on May 14 against Gold Coast and in an ongoing capacity. ......"
First I was like "lol wat? burger theory as a major sponsor?"

Then I looked it up.

"Burger Theory to open 120 restaurants across China in massive expansion"

Wat8.jpg

The wat is in regards to burger theory opening 120 places in china.

While the original business partners of BT here in Adelaide are involved, the BT China business is a different operation. Lots of money behind them from here and in China.

From what I understand, the product will be different as well.

hope so!

so from the story we have a business who

Strangely, co-owner Dan Mendelson is unaware of the plans being formulated for his company
and
Even though the initial plan to open a Shanghai store by last November has still not eventuated.
and
As for the Burger Theory boys, they quietly closed their La Trobe St store on the northern fringe of Melbourne’s CBD late last year, less than a year after it opened.

and the Tsier reckon they - Burger Theory China may soon sign as a major sponsor of Port Adelaide.

Smells like Bullshit to me. The club has to be wary of stories like this, and of dealing with people who want to piggyback off their hard work and aren't truly committed, and just seeking a publicity sugar hit.

so from the story we have a business who

Strangely, co-owner Dan Mendelson is unaware of the plans being formulated for his company
and
Even though the initial plan to open a Shanghai store by last November has still not eventuated.
and
As for the Burger Theory boys, they quietly closed their La Trobe St store on the northern fringe of Melbourne’s CBD late last year, less than a year after it opened.

and the Tsier reckon they - Burger Theory China may soon sign as a major sponsor of Port Adelaide.

Smells like Bullshit to me. The club has to be wary of stories like this, and of dealing with people who want to piggyback off their hard work and aren't truly committed, and just seeking a publicity sugar hit.

Although the club has apparently pitched to Mr Fang, according to this Justin McCarthy fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've booked now. Mrs Powerstufff finally accepted we were unable to charter a private 747 plus rent out the top 2 floors of the Shanghai Hilton.
Just need the club to respond to my registered interest in getting tickets. Has been a couple of months now.

Phil Hoffman Travel were advertising in the paper today - Return Flights, 4 Nights in Shanghai and a GA ticket to the match for about $800.

This is costing me a bloody fortune!

I swear to God we better win this game.
So can I assume your Mum won't be getting a Mother's Day present this year? (given the fact that the game in China is on Mother's Day)

AFL insists plans are on track for Power-Suns clash at Shanghai Stadium
The AFL maintains preparations for the Shanghai clash between Port Adelaide and the Gold Coast Suns are on track despite photographs showing there is much work to do.
Photographs supplied by an AFL supporter in Shanghai show that while the surface is improving, officials will still need to prove it is up to AFL standard.
There is no seating in the stands but these will be built closer to the round eight match.
"We are on track for the game in China," AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said.
More ....
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lash-at-shanghai-stadium-20170125-gtyecq.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back