Roast 'Chokegate' - Dr. Peter Larkins and the outraged media reaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Good then maybe Petrie will get what he deserved for eye gouging..and not just 1 week. Ever been on the receiiving end of an eye gouge where you have nearly lost your eye...? Somebodies hand..fingers nails going deep into your sockets trying to rip the flesh out....think about it for a moment before you start talking ABOUT what stories they are going to exchange...

Some are suggesting the petrie charge is just a ruse to support giving lake a stiff one.
North must have seen through it and theres a chance he'll get a moderate fine.

Lake about one game suspension but hopefully the truth will come out. The guys may be stupid but theyre not vindictive

Some funny stuff in here. People need to settle down a little. The media are always going to beat it up, it's their job. And opposition supporters will jump on board as they do. Lake obviously lost the plot and even if they can play it down tomorrow night, he'll probably get 1 or 2 weeks.

Can you imagine the reaction around here if the same thing happened to Gunner or Rough. We'd all be looking for blood as well.

Some are suggesting the petrie charge is just a ruse to support giving lake a stiff one.
North must have seen through it and theres a chance he'll get a moderate fine.

Lake about one game suspension but hopefully the truth will come out. The guys may be stupid but theyre not vindictive

you could be right..about North seeing through it...I'm with you on the ruse...I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the book at him given public opinion...it flies in the face that a guy can break the jaw of another player in a so called brace to get out of the way ala Viney...and that player is out for at least 6-8 weeks...but a player is provoked due to eye gouging and there are calls to get in excess of 4 weeks....

Some funny stuff in here. People need to settle down a little. The media are always going to beat it up, it's their job. And opposition supporters will jump on board as they do. Lake obviously lost the plot and even if they can play it down tomorrow night, he'll probably get 1 or 2 weeks.

Can you imagine the reaction around here if the same thing happened to Gunner or Rough. We'd all be looking for blood as well.

If it then transpired to fire them up to win the game then I highly doubt it Hodginator.....This is a witch-Hunt plain & simple!....It's all about the LOOK & what SEEMS to be the case, rather than what actually happened!....Whatever happened to NO Harm No Foul?????

As Shakespeare said earlier....You can bet your ass it'll be 2 weeks minimum as we play the AFL Shitme Swines in 2 Weeks time....If we've learnt nothing else from this season, then That's a given!

All this proves is the media Nuff nuffs truly are led by the nose & that the hatred & envy for the Hawks is Strong, Real & ever present!

you could be right..about North seeing through it...I'm with you on the ruse...I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the book at him given public opinion...it flies in the face that a guy can break the jaw of another player in a so called brace to get out of the way ala Viney...and that player is out for at least 6-8 weeks...but a player is provoked due to eye gouging and there are calls to get in excess of 4 weeks....

OK but i dont think we can say Lake was stupid often enough

Scott just confirmed Petrie will challenge. Said he could not breathe, talk and was struggling to see.
If this is correct I am amazed. This incident should be left to die as soon as possible. Cannot see what a challenge will achieve, will only add fuel to the fire.

Mark Essenjunction Robinson leading the charge trying to deflect his beloved team from the front pages.

He is. His shrill confected outrage is a disgrace. Especially when he appears incapable of penning anything remotely scathing about the injecting room that has thrown our game into 18-months of murky crap. No, apparently this particular issue, with Lake, is the greater moral issue facing our game.

I find his drunken buffoon act quite humourous most of the time. But his ridiculous bias and inability to even function within the general journalistic charter - and he is from the Herald Sun so the word 'journalist' is a very liberal descriptor - is grating on me now.

It was a ****ing dog act and not too the standards of the Hawthorn Football Club. I'd happily back Brian Lake if he just went toe to toe and knocked Petrie out in a fair fight. Weak as piss you can't defend that and I'd go as far as saying Lake is done, he helped win us a premiership thank you very much but cya later. He has brought the Hawthorn brand into disrupted with his actions and action by the club after his suspension should happen to set a standard with the rest of the playing group. This is not the Hawthorn way. Worste of all, he started a fight and got his arse kicked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott was dubm to qualify anything about a challenge for petrie. Hes locked in the cause for the challenge.

If lake goes in first and something comes up, norths advocates might want some wriggle room

Just dumb

Won't even bother watching Footy Classified tonight. Caroline Wilson might suggest electric chair, firing squad or perhaps lethal injection. And I won't even start on the fat prick hutchy. He already pissed me off from Sunday FS. That's said I expect 2-3 weeks.

It was a ******* dog act and not too the standards of the Hawthorn Football Club. I'd happily back Brian Lake if he just went toe to toe and knocked Petrie out in a fair fight. Weak as piss you can't defend that and I'd go as far as saying Lake is done, he helped win us a premiership thank you very much but cya later. He has brought the Hawthorn brand into disrupted with his actions and action by the club after his suspension should happen to set a standard with the rest of the playing group. This is not the Hawthorn way. Worste of all, he started a fight and got his arse kicked.

Go and watch the footage again before claiming dog acts, and if you have watched it again thoroughly then this is a rubbish post.

Anyone that has only watched the footage once or the edited version and saying it was not a good look go and watch it all again and then comment.

It started as a wrestle in which Brian was on top of him, it was nothing more than that until Petrie retaliated by gouging at Lakes face, this is when Lake pushed down on his chest/throat area for all of 3 seconds before grabbing a handful of Petie's jumpers which can clearly be seen on the replay of it all.

Initially Lake was doing no more that wrestling with him, I don't think he had any intention whatsoever to grab Petrie's neck he just happened pushed down with a face full of hands and that's what happend, when he realised he released and grabbed his jumper.

For any sane person to say he was standing over him trying to strangle him is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back