Changa, his story and this year's indigenous jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my absolute all-time Favourite Hawks. Loved watching him play. Not many outside players/wingers are known to have lots of mongrel in them, Changa had it in spades. He was absolute gold for us through those 2006 - 2009 years.

What a great video & great man. Well done HFC.

I'm clearly bias as Changa is an all time favourite of mine, but that is such a great video. It's great to see Changa back at the club, and so happy to be back there. I hope Max & Charlie can represent the mighty Hawks like their dad did.

And whose bright idea was it to chop onions in my office just now!

Good onya Changa. Can't wait to get one of these jumpers with the number 10 on the back.

Last edited:
He's a great man who's funny as hell. I was living with him when he made his debut against the bombers, I think he debuted on the Saturday and on the Thursday prior we were having a kick to kick at the oval over the road and he was sitting on my head taking speccies. I had to remind him many times to settle down as I didn't want him to get hurt and miss his debut game for doing something stupid like doing his ankle when he landed after sitting on my head! Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first goal in AFL footy was brillant too, looked a confident player right from the start.

The Freo game is the one i remember the most in announcing himself but that first goal was something special too. Turned out to be such a warrior for us, and will never forget that blistering first goal in 08 GF. Watched this doco the other day and great to hear his story. Passed through York not along ago and didn't realise that was where he was from. Great little town, and nice they have the Candice Bateman memorial park there honouring his sister.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back