News Collingwood furious as manager shops Alan Toovey around via email

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke would be at or near the minimum, so that's hardly the problem.

I don't want to lose Toovey any more than you do, but he and his manager's cowboy tactics are the ones causing this, not the club.

As a point of comparison, I know for a fact what Brent Guerra has made for the last couple of years, and Toovey's asking for significantly more.

Clarke would be on more then the standard first rounder, toovey is easily the more valuable of the two to the side.

I also agree toovey's manager is a cowboy, but if you can't afford to keep the players you want too maybe dont bring in extra fringe players?

Clarke would be on more then the standard first rounder, toovey is easily the more valuable of the two to the side.

I also agree toovey's manager is a cowboy, but if you can't afford to keep the players you want too maybe dont bring in extra fringe players?

Fringe player?

Maybe under Malthouse he was.

Although i believe if tooves leaves we will lose some depth but looking forward to some younger blokes getting a game like Seedsman ;)

lol his manager actually said we should delist another senior player to fit his client in?

Seriously, that won't sit too well with his teammates.

Just look at Chris Dawes, knocked back massive $$$ to remain at Collingwood.

Dale Thomas rejected massive $$$$ to remain at Collingwood.

Cloke took a pay cut at the end of 2010 to remain at Collingwood (will no doubt be rewarded next time round).

At the end of the day, we must hold firm. We have a host of stars who are probably more important that Tooves to resign next season- Reid, Sidebottom, Beams, Cloke, Pendles, Wellingham, Harry O etc.

Let him go.

Tooveys manager has gone about it the wrong way but i can see where Tooveys coming from, Tooveys never been on big money and he never will be at Collingwood, probably has a young family etc, but as i said, they've just gone about it the wrong way, it's all good for our stars to take a pay cut but remember, those guys are all on 500k+, toovs wouldn't be on half that.

Fringe player?

Maybe under Malthouse he was.
lol Clarke will be a fringe player. Im not expecting anything from him at all. Wouldnt have even bothered to bring him back.

Toovey can leave if he thinks his manager can do this and he is fine with it. Lets be honest, he is a role player. He aint that good but he aint s**t either. Know ur role son

Clarke would be at or near the minimum, so that's hardly the problem.

I don't want to lose Toovey any more than you do, but he and his manager's cowboy tactics are the ones causing this, not the club.

As a point of comparison, I know for a fact what Brent Guerra has made for the last couple of years, and Toovey's asking for significantly more.

Yeah but Alan Toovey still has a full head of hair so he can't supplement his income like the Goo :D

I reckon Toovey will end up staying, Walsh certainly gave the impression we want him to stick around. Bit of posturing from his manager, but I think the two groups will come to a compromise.

We can afford to keep Toovey if Toovey was asking for Toovey money. He's asking for Shaw money.

If you overpay 1 player, others begin to resent him and feel more underpaid themselves. If he had just stayed quiet and kept his demands more reasonable, I'm sure we would have cleared out Buckley & McCarthy to make room.

This. :thumbsu:

I rate Toovey. But I rate Goldsack. Sometimes you have to give up to go up.

He's a ROLE player. You can train people into these.

Opti, I doubt that Marty is on that coin personally. He'd be happy to have a job when you consider how stuffed the Ireland economy is at the moment.

That's about right. Has good toe but I hardly think hes 350k p.a. irreplacable. Clarke would be a good 150-200k cheaper than what Toovey is asking.

Tooveys manager has gone about it the wrong way but i can see where Tooveys coming from, Tooveys never been on big money and he never will be at Collingwood, probably has a young family etc, but as i said, they've just gone about it the wrong way.

Toovey doesn't have a young family. Only has a girlfriend, and isn't worth the dollars they're asking.

Not by a long shot.

Cloke is only on about $450K or so, and Toovey wants somewhere around $350K....?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

....oh...oh man. wait a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Malthouse and a large segment of the Collingwood supporter base have Toovey thinking he's better than he actually is. That's the real problem here.

But apparently, one of Marty Clarke's problems is that he has no right side...ah man, you have to laugh sometimes.

Yeah but Alan Toovey still has a full head of hair so he can't supplement his income like the Goo :D

I reckon Toovey will end up staying, Walsh certainly gave the impression we want him to stick around. Bit of posturing from his manager, but I think the two groups will come to a compromise.

I dunno about him staying anymore. He couldnt after all this, he has shopped himself around to everyclub and his manager is telling us to sack a player in order to fit him. He thinks his client has the currency of Pendles. I hope he leaves after what he has done and I hope he fails big time.

Tooveys manager has gone about it the wrong way but i can see where Tooveys coming from, Tooveys never been on big money and he never will be at Collingwood, probably has a young family etc, but as i said, they've just gone about it the wrong way, it's all good for our stars to take a pay cut but remember, those guys are all on 500k+, toovs wouldn't be on half that.

Many people have a young family who earn a 1/3 of what Tooov's is on now!

Nothing wrong with a player trying to get as much as possible, but a team player usually will toe the line. Sack his manager, and we can have cake + eat it :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Toovey could offer to sign a 4 year deal at 200k and let's be honest 800k would set you up for life. Add on a few finals and premiership and B&F top 10 bonuses and it could have translated to a cool million.

4 years at 200 would be a great deal for everyone at the club. Long term stability for our future salary cap issues, have performance targets included, and don't put everyone's nose out of joint.

This is what happens when Soccer Managers stick their nose in where they are not wanted.

Want to keep him but in the end he isn't the type of player who wins us games on his own like a Cloke. He plays his part but we can find another player to do it. Play hard Ball.

What I find interesting about ALL these negotiations and player wages, is that they don't include...

- Match payments
- Sponsorships
- Endorsements
- Appearance fees etc

So Toovey's BASE wage would be between 150K-200K, but in terms of what he's actually pocketing each year would be far more. Sometimes the way some managers/players make it out, it's like these players are about to become homeless.

I wish I was being paid so 'poorly' to play football and be worshiped by thousands of adoring fans each week.

It's a shame that Toovey has decided to press the self-destruct button on his Collingwood career, but let's not bag him, he's a premiership player and one of the best shut down defenders of small forwards in the league.

At least, that's what Ross Lyon would have said after showing him the door.

Fk him off then, we were the only club who took a chance on him, he was given every opportunity and he pulls this s**t in the middle of our window... also he has screwed the club in any chance of attaining a decent trade.. he's a disloyal dog!

Toovey doesn't have a young family. Only has a girlfriend, and isn't worth the dollars they're asking.

Not by a long shot.

Cloke is only on about $450K or so, and Toovey wants somewhere around $350K....?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

....oh...oh man. wait a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Malthouse and a large segment of the Collingwood supporter base have Toovey thinking he's better than he actually is. That's the real problem here.

But apparently, one of Marty Clarke's problems is that he has no right side...ah man, you have to laugh sometimes.

Heard it mentioned several times that Cloke is on 500k+, my point was a player like Toovey has to make money when he can, he has no future in the media/coaching (as far as i know), him and you wouldn't knock back an extra 100/150k PA.

For anyone that missed Jim Marinis on Trade Week Radio, he's going to be on SEN after midday.

i know of this bloke through business connections. to label him a "w***er" would be a gross understatement. i just feel sorry for tooves that he somehow ended up with this bloke as manager in the 1st place

it's been good enough for all of cloke pendles swan thomas dawes sidebottom to sign on for alot less than they could get elsewhere over the last 12-18 months, but toovey and his manager now think he has to get top dollar and can hold the club to ransom???

you are a very good player alan, and you have turned into a much better player than any of the black and white army could have imagined after watching your first handful of games. i would go so far as to say you are now one of the better mid sized defenders in the comp. however you are not a premier key position player, nor an elite midfielder, nor an experienced big bodied ruckman. so learn your place in the pecking order. the door is to the left, enjoy the rest of your career

so next year the back 6 without toovey looks something like

maxwell tarrant/nbrown davis
shaw/goldsack reid obrien

with clarke and johnson taking their turns off half back

i think we'll manage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back