Roast Club shop and 2023 Nike apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

Stronzatello

Debutant
Sep 20, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all, looking forward to getting the season underway but I must say the club have escaped unscathed with the closure of the shop for a sustained period of time, charging postage for orders under $130 and still not having enough Nike on field apparel in. Anyone getting increasingly frustrated that the biggest club in the land are running such an amateur shop and access to apparel? Thanks!

8a06e8e193367d2dd23b8b9ac556dfb3.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For how big they are, its amazing how Nike have been bottling AFL kits for over a decade now (first with Carlton, and now us). Stock taking forever to come, always the last to release next season player issue jumpers with local manufacturers like Sekem and ISC miles ahead. Only thing Nike have going is presentation, and even they've cocked that up a little this year.

Made my thoughts on the new "swooping magpie" kit known on the footy jumper/graphic design board here: News - New Jumpers for 2023

Such an amateur attempt at replicating a now ~20 year old design.
1677545961887.png

Would love to please just go back to Adidas and lock it in the club constitution. Never once had a bad kit with them, the off-field merch was excellent + they're the brand of the three stripes - couldn't get more Collingwood than that

Would love to please just go back to Adidas and lock it in the club constitution. Never once had a bad kit with them, the off-field merch was excellent + they're the brand of the three stripes - couldn't get more Collingwood than that
This by 100%. It's the same in Premier league and other sports.
Adidas gear always look better. Followed by Puma and New Balance.
Not just better looking but great quality in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nike are terrible and so are puma. Puma came out with the most trash arsenal kits for years. Arsenal switch over to Adidas and have the best kits and better quality now.

Adidas all the way. They take their sponsorships seriously.

Nike are more interested in shoe deals and league wide deals than specific sporting clubs.

Hi all, looking forward to getting the season underway but I must say the club have escaped unscathed with the closure of the shop for a sustained period of time, charging postage for orders under $130 and still not having enough Nike on field apparel in. Anyone getting increasingly frustrated that the biggest club in the land are running such an amateur shop and access to apparel? Thanks!
Walked past today and it is just huge piles of unopened boxes

i've read the many complaints about the nike stuff and the shop. I think we need to change tack and update the type of things offered by the shop... These are available on aliexpress for $6 and I'm sure the chinese could make ones that replicate the arms of various Pie players. I can see thousands of them being sold.....

1677666396140.png

My 9 year old has destruction tested most brands of shoes.
The best ones have been ASICS, but they sponsor the Doggies.
I just don't want to wait until the end of this season to buy my son a number 35 guernsey.
Is that too much to ask?

Is the shop still closed?

No, I was in the shop last Monday. But it’s in a temporary space and not as big or as much stock as in the previous space. I asked when they were moving to their new space, and ‘August’ was the answer.

If we have a big September they’ll need to open a department store to cater for the demand.

No, I was in the shop last Monday. But it’s in a temporary space and not as big or as much stock as in the previous space. I asked when they were moving to their new space, and ‘August’ was the answer.

If we have a big September they’ll need to open a department store to cater for the demand.

Yeah, it's pretty limited. They're leaving so much money on the table not having enough stock. Fans would be eating up anything Collingwood at the moment, especially guernseys that are nowhere to be seen.

Yeah, it's pretty limited. They're leaving so much money on the table not having enough stock. Fans would be eating up anything Collingwood at the moment, especially guernseys that are nowhere to be seen.
I’m not as convinced about the guernseys because they’re more of an under 21’s product so parents are generally paying and cost of living is big right now. I’m no retail marketer, but I’d personally be targeting the most cashed up cohort which is that 25-35 age bracket without kids and a steady income. They’ll go mad for the Mitchell and Ness drop this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back