Roast Club shop and 2023 Nike apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, thinking of doing it Tuesday.

Do they have more in store than what's online?

Some things they had that weren’t online, picked up a backpack which hadn’t been available online since very early in season.

Not a lot of Nike stuff unless you’re a 3XL, got quite a range of 1990 premiership stuff though.

I’ve never seen such unavailability of items. Not even just at the Pies store, but across retailers etc as well - usually the club has surplus stock that they’re selling well into the next year.

Is it a sign of success, or Nike as a distributor, or both?

I’ve never seen such unavailability of items. Not even just at the Pies store, but across retailers etc as well - usually the club has surplus stock that they’re selling well into the next year.

Is it a sign of success, or Nike as a distributor, or both?

It’s a bit of both. When I went to the pop up a few months back they said Nike randomly send stock. But the club should be stronger in demanding more supply

OMFG dementia must be setting in, been sitting here trying to think who it was

How the * can you forget R. Shaw

The numbers were dyed black on a square of white cloth

The jumper was thick and made me spell like a wet sheep with the lightest of rain

Nonetheless, with my 2-stripe red tracksuit pants from Target, and Crosby runners, I was apex fashion at Frankston Primary

The jumper was thick and made me spell like a wet sheep with the lightest of rain

Nonetheless, with my 2-stripe red tracksuit pants from Target, and Crosby runners, I was apex fashion at Frankston Primary

"How the * can you forget R. Shaw"

That was meant as a overall "you" not you personally

but I'm picturing the fashion apex

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone able to raise at the AGM how completely unprofessional our apparel sponsorship with Nike has been? Guernseys sold out since pretty much mid-year, and I doubt it's because we were up and about because we had no stock issues with ISC around our 2018/19 seasons.

I can purchase home/clash guernseys for other clubs from up to 2 years ago (of course because they don't have the market like we do!), but surely it is at best incompetent of Nike not to anticipate the demand coming off a prelim final last year with 100K members.

Not to mention how delayed the stock is to arrive, our draftees are wearing leftover stock, players training in this years' (and sometimes even earlier!) gear while other clubs are already dropping their new stuff.

The club has easily missed out on millions of dollars over our deal with Nike due to the above alone, even worse being in a premiership year.

Do dry sheep spell better than Frankston kids?

Anyone able to raise at the AGM how completely unprofessional our apparel sponsorship with Nike has been? Guernseys sold out since pretty much mid-year, and I doubt it's because we were up and about because we had no stock issues with ISC around our 2018/19 seasons.

I can purchase home/clash guernseys for other clubs from up to 2 years ago (of course because they don't have the market like we do!), but surely it is at best incompetent of Nike not to anticipate the demand coming off a prelim final last year with 100K members.

Not to mention how delayed the stock is to arrive, our draftees are wearing leftover stock, players training in this years' (and sometimes even earlier!) gear while other clubs are already dropping their new stuff.

The club has easily missed out on millions of dollars over our deal with Nike due to the above alone, even worse being in a premiership year.
Lose the GF and excess stock down the toilet.
Win the GF as we did and everyone will get their orders before round 1 next year.
Don't see the need for so many to be complaining.

Do dry sheep spell better than Frankston kids?

I hate BF autocorrect Savvy

(M and P are not even close on the keyboard)

BF uses a moronic algo to go along with the underwhelming tech platform they use

I love the exchange of ideas and banter, and hanging out with Collingwood fans, but the UX of this site is older than the last Essendon final

Win the GF as we did and everyone will get their orders before round 1 next year.
The problem was that there wasn't any excess stock, rather it was actual stock - this year you couldn't even buy a Men's clash guernsey in the online store it was that limited. "Getting your orders in before Round 1" I presume you're referring to 2024 stuff, which isn't exactly a shoe-in given each of the prior years they've cut it pretty close to seasons start.

I'm more talking about over this year, you couldn't buy a guernsey from our premiership winning year for the second half of the year and its not because of demand - but Nike understocking and having an impossibly long turn-around time for any more to come. To be partnered with the biggest sportswear company and being outcompeted by fake guernsey resellers from Bali isn't a good look for the club.

1700953488764.png

The club itself had so little stock left over from Nike that we had to roll with some local company to pump out these jumper panels for the official premiership frames, hence no Nike logo but the cup instead (which I love way more tbh). But to anyone in the know this looks completely amateur.

Last edited:
Apparently there was more Premiership merchandise sold at the family day than Geelong sold in total last year.

The problem was that there wasn't any excess stock, rather it was actual stock - this year you couldn't even buy a Men's clash guernsey in the online store it was that limited. "Getting your orders in before Round 1" I presume you're referring to 2024 stuff, which isn't exactly a shoe-in given each of the prior years they've cut it pretty close to seasons start.

I'm more talking about over this year, you couldn't buy a guernsey from our premiership winning year for the second half of the year and its not because of demand - but Nike understocking and having an impossibly long turn-around time for any more to come. To be partnered with the biggest sportswear company and being outcompeted by fake guernsey resellers from Bali isn't a good look for the club.

View attachment 1860895

The club itself had so little stock left over from Nike that we had to roll with some local company to pump out these jumper panels for the official premiership frames, hence no Nike logo but the cup instead (which I love way more tbh). But to anyone in the know this looks completely amateur.
The club seem to be happy with Nike because they haven’t cut ties with them yet. Not even after last years stock disaster… and the year before that.

West Coast left Castore after agreeing to a long term deal (I think) and it only lasted a year due to the club being unhappy with how they were treated. How are we not doing the same?

The club seem to be happy with Nike because they haven’t cut ties with them yet. Not even after last years stock disaster… and the year before that.

West Coast left Castore after agreeing to a long term deal (I think) and it only lasted a year due to the club being unhappy with how they were treated. How are we not doing the same?
I believe the issue is the value of the deal which makes walking away hard. It is probably not our fault at all and we’re stuck with Nike. For them, AFL is low in the preference list when the NBA, NFL, EPL are much bigger markets and thus are given the attention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back