List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry l thought along with Reid and Melksham, he was redrafted as a rookie....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I think they would have rookied him, but we put the wind up them by giving him a medical and they didnā€™t want to take the chance that weā€™d grab him ourselves in the PSD. We did have, as far as anyone was aware at the time, another open senior spot to fill after the ND after all.

Eye officially a train on as well

The SSP period is open from Monday November 27 to Monday February 19, with a maximum of six players able to trial at the same club at one time.

The Pies have welcomed five players to trial, with Collingwood VFL pair Campbell Hustwaite and Josh Eyre among them.

Hustwaite, the Clubā€™s VFL Co-Captain in 2023, is coming off a best and fairest season and will get his chance to elevate himself to the AFL program.

Eyre, who joined the VFL side at the beginning of the 2023 season, played nine games in the black and white and impressed with his versatility.

Joining the VFL duo will be former Port Adelaide ruckman Brynn Teakle, St. Kilda midfielder Jack Bytel, and VAFA star Sam Sofronidis.

Teakle, a 203cm ruckman, was selected with pick six in the 2022 mid-season draft and played six games for the Power before being delisted in September.

23-year-old Bytel played 22 games for the Saints between 2020-2023 but was hampered by injuries throughout before being delisted following the conclusion of St. Kildaā€™s season.

Sofronidis is a hybrid defender who spent 2019 on Sandringhamā€™s VFL list, before starring for Collegians in the VAFA this year, winning his clubā€™s best and fairest and earning team of the year selection.

The Club is able to formally sign a player via the SSP up until February 19.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Is this a fair read on the situation?
Sofronidis vs Eyre.
Bytel vs Hustwaite.
Teakle vs no preseason injury to Cox, Cameron, Begg or Steane?
I get the feeling that Teakle has been nominated purely as backup for Cox and Cameron. If he gets a spot on the list, he'll provide a much needed bigger body as first ruck in the VFL, that will assist our emerging on-ballers with a stronger ruck set-up and allow Steene and Begg to focus on other positions, e.g., forward/ruck, defender/ruck

Is this a fair read on the situation?
Sofronidis vs Eyre.
Bytel vs Hustwaite.
Teakle vs no preseason injury to Cox, Cameron, Begg or Steane?
I think theyll pick the best 3 that fit in, as both defenders or both midfielders might not impress. And we might have saved the 6th spot for someone training at another club that doesn't make it. Like how Marcov switched to Carlton after we took Steene.

I think theyll pick the best 3 that fit in, as both defenders or both midfielders might not impress. And we might have saved the 6th spot for someone training at another club that doesn't make it. Like how Marcov switched to Carlton after we took Steene.
They may just pick 2 and save a spot for the MSD.

I know enough to be dangerous hah. For me the standout train on player is Sofronidis if heā€™s got AFL talent because he seems to play the Collingwood way. Playing it out if heā€™s got that talent then heā€™s a better KPD option than both Frampton and Dean who I think have flaws that make them NQR in our system. Bringing it back to Teakle we might be overegging the omelette by looking for ruck depth with Frampton more than adequate and possibly usurped as the next KPD in by Sofronidis.

None of thatā€™s to suggest I think we have to go with Sofronidis or that if we chose Teakle instead that itā€™s a cross, but I just feel thatā€™s the best mix for 2024. The other point for me is Iā€™m a buyer of Bytel. Thereā€™s many on here that have talked up Macrae, but the fact is right now Bytel is both a better VFL and AFL footballer. With the loss of Adams and Macrae the next mid in that makes him a necessity to at the very least put pressure on Macrae to step up.

I think if you add two of those three then I agree the MSD very much becomes an injury cover draft because I donā€™t see many other roles to fill. Maybe small forward? With how we play your point last leek on sending HH back stuck and I think Iā€™d like another option up our sleeve.
I watched some Teakle highlights. He's bloody agile. They might be trialling him as a kpp rather than ruck.

I watched some Teakle highlights. He's bloody agile. They might be trialling him as a kpp rather than ruck.
Ive read the Port board and the claims range from "hes useless" to "he only got a game because Hayes wouldn't go in Kenny's greyhound syndicate". Then they started melting about Frampton and the GF so i couldn't gain much further info. Would be funny if we turned a Port discard into a premiership player in consecutive years however. Imagine the riot out front of Kenny's place that night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive read the Port board and the claims range from "hes useless" to "he only got a game because Hayes wouldn't go in Kenny's greyhound syndicate". Then they started melting about Frampton and the GF so i couldn't gain much further info. Would be funny if we turned a Port discard into a premiership player in consecutive years however. Imagine the riot out front of Kenny's place that night
That would make my decade!

He kicked 8 goals in 4 games in the SANFL after he was picked up by port in the MSD. Only 1 goal in 8 games in the SANFL last season though.

Given our ruck set up makes sense to target someone capable of being a forward threat.

He kicked 8 goals in 4 games in the SANFL after he was picked up by port in the MSD. Only 1 goal in 8 games in the SANFL last season though.

Given our ruck set up makes sense to target someone capable of being a forward threat.
I was thinking more a kpd. In the highlights I saw he looked a competent mark with a bit of dash.

I'll die on the hill that the Port board is one of the funniest places on the internet

But you would agree that you figuratively want to turn every tall player into a KPD?
Figuratively yes, but I also think I'm the only one on this board that doesn't want to turn Begg into a KPD and would also be happy if they gave up on kpd for Frampton and turned him into a ruck.

Figuratively yes, but I also think I'm the only one on this board that doesn't want to turn Begg into a KPD and would also be happy if they gave up on kpd for Frampton and turned him into a ruck.
So who are you turning into a KPD then? Mihocek? McStay? Johnson? Cox?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back