List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have a look at Johnson at some stage if he can't crack a senior gig up forward. Darcy Moore and Aaron Naughton. Probably a few others.

Turning Darcy Moore into a KPD should be relatively straightforward. I think he could even be an AA premiership captain down back.

What are the respective strengths and weaknesses of the SSP prospects l?

Are there any red flags, for eg for me it’s poor skills and soft. This costs games more so than speed and agility imo.
No, none of the players we've invited to train with us are notably soft.

The skill levels vary, but are largely pretty good for their respective positions.

No, none of the players we've invited to train with us are notably soft.

The skill levels vary, but are largely pretty good for their respective positions.
The Port boards had some flattering words to say about Teakle. One dubbed him the worst to pull on the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they think he's bad, it's automatically raised my expectations of him. I think we may have discovered another gem.
He played well in his second ever game. 86 AFL Fantasy, first solo ruck start. Would have been better had he not been injured. Fantasy is sometimes a good metric to measure things by.

That’s not what I’m talking about and you know it. State league is the pathway to AFL for mature age players and the comment that lead to the discussion centered on him giving up a good job to further his footy career. It is a fact that there is a boys club that attracts former graduates to ammo clubs by paying them with cushy jobs to circumvent paying them straight up to play. That’s the angle I’m taking it’s as connected a community as there is on earth and I’m sure GC’s former school Marcelin does it as an example.

Edit: after your last reaction I obviously need to be crystal clear on my comments. I was poking fun at the VAFA boys club stuff originally. I treat it with complete ambivalence unless it’s a rort that’s taking an opportunity from someone more deserving.
Just saw this Sco and I think you are pretty wide of the mark here. I have longtime links at Marcellin and even when we were a top club, winning A grade etc we ran on an oily rag. There was no money in the club, a few small sponsers tipped in a few dollars and there were no big business types or professionals around the club who could offer the cushy jobs. It has always been ordinary mums and dads volunteering to keep the club running. About the most obvious person I could think of to give a cushy job would be Chooka Donnellan might have had an occasional job available changing car tyres but I never heard of that happening. Truth be told we had a crisis meeting mid 23 because although the clubs had got out of debts they were in, there was a lack of volunteers and the threat to fold the club at the end of the season was just put off.

Maybe some of the upper end old boy clubs like Xavs, Old scotch, Collegians etc may have has a few more business links but my gut feel would be hardly any of them would have anything other than an occassional opportunity to offer such a job even if they were so inclined. People have to be pretty high up the food chain to be able to offer cushy jobs to young kids out of school and there was certainly no one at Marcellin who had that capacity.

Ammo clubs money and budget wise are a long way away from the big country and suburban footy clubs who have big sponsors and money to spend. In the higher Ammo grades just about all the players could go somewhere and get dollars. Some do, we have always lost players to big suburban or country terms from time to time and the VFA in its day. A coulple like Marchesani and Tranquilli went straight to the VFL/AFL.Those who stayed didnt do so because there was any inducement from the club. There was no capacity for that and we had a shoestring budget. Players subs were about the biggest budget item. You paid to play. In the Ammos people play for the love of the game and to play with mates.

My son currently coaches down at South Districts, who are well down the grades but an old established club. Peter Bedford is still around down there. It's the same deal. Pay your subs and volunteer. They will lose players to paying clubs from time to time. All ammo clubs do.

I am sure Sof was playing at Collegians because its very good footy and he could play with his mates.

Last edited:
He played well in his second ever game. 86 AFL Fantasy, first solo ruck start. Would have been better had he not been injured. Fantasy is sometimes a good metric to measure things by.
Lol. Fantasy wouldn't be the place I'd personally go to get a gauge on how good or bad a footballer is. But each to their own.

Last edited:
Could be a better option than Frampton, especially as a Forward / Ruck
Frampton has a premiership medal and performed his role to almost perfection.
Keep Andrews out of the game.
Frampton can also play ruck and defend.
No champion but he was a big role player for us this season.
Love him.

Frampton has a premiership medal and performed his role to almost perfection.
Keep Andrews out of the game.
Frampton can also play ruck and defend.
No champion but he was a big role player for us this season.
Love him.
I can't see any reason why he won't be even better next year. A premiership medal can really boost a person's confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back