List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'm amazed all players aren't forced to wear a helmet...even If it only helps 1% its worth it

I got knocked out last week (king hit) had mild concussion symptoms all week.

My.god now I know a small sample size of what players go through...it ain't fun
They aren’t forced because any benefit would be so marginal it’s not even worth it. We’re talking less than 1% here.

Question. Do you think that the initial impact Murphy received on Saturday gave him concussion, or do you think it was his head whipping around after the impact (which it would still have done wearing a helmet) that caused it?

If you answered the former you’re wrong, and if you answered the latter then you should really already know why helmets are all but useless in AFL.

McKay, Goldstein and Gresham all expected to go to the Bombers. Must be throwing around a fair bit of cash!
Fine by me if they want to throw around mountains of cash at mediocre targets. Dodo is clearly looking to go out with a bang, and it’s getting hilarious.

So do Ginnivan, Allan, Reef, Lipinski, Krueger etc.
My exit meeting for them:

Ginnivan: work on your body, develop your defensive game.
Allan: develop your body and find the ball more.
Reef: stay fit and you'll play more AFL.
Lipinski: play at your GF intensity all the time.
Kreuger: stay fit, perform well and you're playing AFL.

Because he has no place in our AFL line up with his particular traits. Hopefully he gets picked up by another team who’s game style suits him.
The writing was on the wall when Ryan was selected to debut over him late in the year.
That's true. I'd rather keep Bianco over Richards. I really wish we could include a clause in contracts like:

"If a former premiership player suggests we recruit you and overhypes your abilities then the club can terminate your contract when it feels like regardless of how many years left you have on your deal for no financial consequence."

Essendon are in a premiership window..... good luck to goldy....

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

If I was a bombers fan I wouldn’t be enthused by those additions… McKay costing the same $ as Moore and averages 10 games a season.. Gresham? Average.
I find the whole Ben McKay trade perplexing, i haven't watched that many North games, cause well, it's North, but he seems to be as gifted as his brother. With North expecting to get pick 3, they would be packing his bags, sending them express post to Windy Hill and laughing as they push him out the door. If we decided to trade Darcy Moore, I guess we would get compensation picks 1 - 10 then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old Darcy Moore forward.

Never gets old.

darcy Moore plays more of an intercept role, that’s why players like Daniher and Curnow play well against him, he gives too much leg rope to them, and because they are athletic as he is, he can’t close the gap. I know we just won a premiership, but it is something he has to work on. Could have been costly on Saturday, got next to nothing out of him

My exit meeting for them:

Ginnivan: work on your body, develop your defensive game.
Allan: develop your body and find the ball more.
Reef: stay fit and you'll play more AFL.
Lipinski: play at your GF intensity all the time.
Kreuger: stay fit, perform well and you're playing AFL.
Kreuger is not and has never demonstrated anything to suggest hes an AFL player. He ain't it

I'm expecting a surprise. There's no way the AFL's sponsors would allow for a boring trade period.

Like who?

We might bring a Player in but be no more then Depth Player who been Fringe at another Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back