List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Craig Kelly comments are quite interesting. Perhaps we might target similar types to Tom Mitchell and bring those types into the club for 2-3 strong years before moving on. Players for low draft capital with salary contributions from the trading club.

“It’s going to have to be more of a strategy a bit like what Geelong has looked like… still go to the draft and get the right players but we’ve got to have the ability to go and get someone to come in for a couple of years, and it might only be two years.” “We’re up against it”: Pies CEO addresses draft controversy

Jack billings anyone. Id love to see Hill higher up and with Elliott maybe one more year left with his body it would be a good pickup

Jack billings anyone. Id love to see Hill higher up and with Elliott maybe one more year left with his body it would be a good pickup

I was wondering about that and how he would fit with our game plan.

Might be one who benefits from new surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This hasn't aged well....LOL

It is amazing to think we have gone from a rabble to a flag in 2 seasons plus paying $600.000 to players playing elsewhere,once we have cleared the books look out we could come for anybody.

I think we have drafted well for 2 decades now save for Beams mark 2 and Wells drafting as a player nothing wrong with him as a bloke just unfortunate he was finished as a player.

Anybody we target comes here on MaCrae,s terms we do not need chase anyone for ridiculous money,I feel certain the club is in the right hands to make us a powerhouse which I crave I must admit.

I wasn’t keen and chances are he’d be playing VFL with us, cover for Draper and will be given opportunity early.

At his size and age he’s one injury from retirement.
Goldstein probably wants to play AFL not VFL, and he'd get more game time at Essendon given Phillips has retired.
At Collingwood he'd be spending more time in the VFL.
I wasn't in favour of getting him - he's been a great player but he's 35 and getting near the end.

Interesting comments from Aaron Naughton's manager:

“Aaron’s settled in Melbourne … Can 100 per cent confirm he’s not going to move this year. Clubs are obviously doing the right thing and calling,” McDougall said.

“Aaron is committed to the club for next year.

“He’ll definitely be staying at the Bulldogs for next year.”

What happens after next year?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comments from Aaron Naughton's manager:

“Aaron’s settled in Melbourne … Can 100 per cent confirm he’s not going to move this year. Clubs are obviously doing the right thing and calling,” McDougall said.

“Aaron is committed to the club for next year.

“He’ll definitely be staying at the Bulldogs for next year.”

What happens after next year?
The AstroNaught will be at the Pies

It hilarious seeing all the same people say no Goldstein we have begg and no doedee we have Dean doing the exact same thing again 🤣 Exact same people who said no Mitchell we have macrae and Carmichael and worst of all no mcstay we have Krueger 💩💩
You can never have too many quality players and if the kids are good enough they will play and earn their games. If they don't then they aren't good enough.

Billings has a close relationship with Pendles
Not sure his playing style fits what we look for though

I believe it's Essendon trying to pry him out of Melbourne?
Wouldn't surprise me. They are desperate, absolutely desperate to just win a final! They'd be a chance with that addition but they'd be spending a lot of draft and salary capital.

It hilarious seeing all the same people say no Goldstein we have begg and no doedee we have Dean doing the exact same thing again 🤣 Exact same people who said no Mitchell we have macrae and Carmichael and worst of all no mcstay we have Krueger 💩💩
You can never have too many quality players and if the kids are good enough they will play and earn their games. If they don't then they aren't good enough.
Whilst I’m not a fan of bringing in Doedee, it’s not because I feel we already have his quality covered. Those knees give me Scharenberg vibes. Imagine if we brought him in on a 5 year deal and he spent the majority of it on the sidelines 😵‍💫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back