List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Gabelich saying on SEN that Collingwood is being linked to Xavier Duursma.
Definitely talented, but injury prone and a bit soft at times. If the price is right (2nd rounder) he could be a good choice.
Prefer Premiership Lipa

from my Delorean

I think the premise is wrong. Steele would be involved in more one on ones than Noble - both in the heart of defence and on the wing.
I don’t disagree that 1v1s happen all over the field during a game and more so during finals, which clearly counted against Nobes in his bid to hold his spot.

I would argue that a winger with high aerobic capacity runs deep inside D50 and A50 to create a 2v1 or outnumber to impact the contest and contributes as part of transition chains. Both can and do happen without pure 1v1s or 1v1s that are less gilt-edged. That is, if you lose a 1v1 in defence you often get punished by conceding a goal.

Wingers also play wide of each other at stoppage, positioning at defensive side of stoppage or pushing back as +1 into defence etc so there’s more reliance on positioning (at least starting point) and endurance to create out-numbers and get to contest after contest.

I don’t disagree that 1v1s happen all over the field during a game and more so during finals, which clearly counted against Nobes in his bid to hold his spot.

I would argue that a winger with high aerobic capacity runs deep inside D50 and A50 to create a 2v1 or outnumber to impact the contest and contributes as part of transition chains. Both can and do happen without pure 1v1s or 1v1s that are less gilt-edged. That is, if you lose a 1v1 in defence you often get punished by conceding a goal.

Wingers also play wide of each other at stoppage, positioning at defensive side of stoppage or pushing back as +1 into defence etc so there’s more reliance on positioning (at least starting point) and endurance to create out-numbers and get to contest after contest.
Steele regularly finds himself in a one on one in defence when he's swept back to the hotspot when the defence has been split. I think it'd be often than Noble is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda recruiting is like white noise to me. Just an endless recycled line of C grade crabs going in and out
I think they'll eventually build a half-decent side under Lyon, but it won't contain too many marquee names or flashy players, much like his Fremantle side.

This is probably testament to his coaching ability moreso than the respective abilities of the players.

I haven't seen any media speculation about his alleged drug usage, let alone confirmation or acknowledgement.

Media have been inferring it for days (if not weeks & months) without confirming it. The words used in all the reporting : erratic, unprofessional, intervention, etc etc. I can't believe there hasn't been any video footage, photos leaked.

Media have been inferring it for days (if not weeks & months) without confirming it. The words used in all the reporting : erratic, unprofessional, intervention, etc etc. I can't believe there hasn't been any video footage, photos leaked.

I'm sure there's plenty of footage and photos out there - doesn't surprise me however given the delayed reporting of the AFL's conversations with Melbourne in February and March 2021 over Goodwin's behaviour.

Agitating those issues in 2021 could've hindered or undone a lot of the investment the AFL has made into the Melbourne Football Charity. A bit like when they found no cheating over the tanking saga and elected not to take the same approach they took to Essendon following the peptides scandal.

Exactly,This is not bettering the list . Average footballer at best. Whose spot would he take round 1 . No need to recruit fringe players with his limited attributes ….
Oh ffs give me a spell, so you thought at the start of the year markov and frampton would improve our list and be premiership players?
He absolutely improves their list and he also improve ours. Take ya nuffie glasses off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back