List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to talk JUH into existence, it's not happening, not now not ever. It doesn't matter what he can do he'll be doing it at the Bulldogs for a very long time.
It’s weird how a club investing so much money for infrastructure can’t see that the coach is holding them back. JUH won’t do anything much until Bevo is gone.

It’s weird how a club investing so much money for infrastructure can’t see that the coach is holding them back. JUH won’t do anything much until Bevo is gone.
100% agree. The supporters and I am sure the majority of players feel the same way but the fact he won a premiership in 2016 seems to have given him a free reign. The hierarchy of the club need to get their heads out of the sand they are buried in and make the right call before it is too late.

100% agree. The supporters and I am sure the majority of players feel the same way but the fact he won a premiership in 2016 seems to have given him a free reign.
I feel as if some clubs have begun, or go through phases of prioritising stability. The flag in 2016 was so momentous that parting ways with Beveridge is infinitely harder, as there's a hope that he'll take you there again. Similarly, Port seem to be prioritising stability with Hinkley due to his record of coaching the side to 3(?) preliminary finals.

I thought we were much the same under Buckley. We chased hope rather than measuring Bucks' achievements objectively and empirically. His 2018 and 2019 seasons were somewhat an anomaly and reflected the strength of our list, rather than a pioneering and inventive coach.

You’re to quick mate - I amended the post. I was going to say over the edge in terms of leaving as was speculated earlier this month.
He won’t leave. Black and white to the end.

If rumours that Tay is concerned he’s not getting enough mid time are true, this talk won’t help.
Tay should concern himself with getting his body right.

Wouldn't surprise me as it's similar scenario to Mitchell. A bloody good midfielder not being played in their best spot due to wanting to give others an opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very small fry but I hope we take Riley Bonner in the SSP as a delisted free agent.

Would be a valuable depth player, who I wouldn’t discount getting game time, particularly if injuries come around. Not too dissimilar to Markov.

So far the only two players we've been legitimately linked to have been free agents which wouldn't have cost us anything in trade.

If our strategy (hope) was to bring in experienced depth whilst retaining our first two draft selections to be used on youth, then we might be done before the trade period even begins.

Is there a surprise in store?

I feel as if some clubs have begun, or go through phases of prioritising stability. The flag in 2016 was so momentous that parting ways with Beveridge is infinitely harder, as there's a hope that he'll take you there again. Similarly, Port seem to be prioritising stability with Hinkley due to his record of coaching the side to 3(?) preliminary finals.

I thought we were much the same under Buckley. We chased hope rather than measuring Bucks' achievements objectively and empirically. His 2018 and 2019 seasons were somewhat an anomaly and reflected the strength of our list, rather than a pioneering and inventive coach.
In some ways, 2016 cost the Dogs a flag. With their list they should have won at least another one by now.

In some ways, 2016 cost the Dogs a flag. With their list they should have won at least another one by now.
Um….they won the flag in 2016.
Winning a flag can’t really cost you a flag.

Um….they won the flag in 2016.
Winning a flag can’t really cost you a flag.
My logic here is that they now seem allergic to removing Bevo, regardless of his strange and curious ideas about who plays each week and individual style of coaching.

They won in 2016 but should have added to that tally. And I can't see them winning the flag whilst he's in charge. So what I'm saying is that under Bevo they've won one flag but with the list they've assembled, they should have more in the cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back