Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

We need an AFL version of Mitchell and Ness so that official reproductions can be made. I think I have some leads on how I can get that done actually.

Not sure there's really the interest to make it viable, to be honest. M&N does great work, but they cater to the average fan, who can avoid rolling the dice with a current player (who will potentially be in an opponent's uniform within two years), just get the Larry Bird or Bill Russell, they're not getting traded. Due to the fonts, colour changes etc. there's genuine difference in the designs of NBA uniforms. With AFL kits, to the average fan, they just don't look that much different to how they did 50 years ago.

I think you'd have to make them super, super authentic (including the sponsor's patch), or you're just not going to sell many. Most people would just prefer a current version, especially since it would be much cheaper. They had retro versions, sans sponsor logo, on club websites a year or two ago (they might still have them) but can't recall seeing many at a game.

Not sure there's really the interest to make it viable, to be honest. M&N does great work, but they cater to the average fan, who can avoid rolling the dice with a current player (who will potentially be in an opponent's uniform within two years), just get the Larry Bird or Bill Russell, they're not getting traded. Due to the fonts, colour changes etc. there's genuine difference in the designs of NBA uniforms. With AFL kits, to the average fan, they just don't look that much different to how they did 50 years ago.

I think you'd have to make them super, super authentic (including the sponsor's patch), or you're just not going to sell many. Most people would just prefer a current version, especially since it would be much cheaper. They had retro versions, sans sponsor logo, on club websites a year or two ago (they might still have them) but can't recall seeing many at a game.
Oh I definitely agree and did consider all of that. I figured you would need to seek designs like Hawthorns Diamonds jumper, West Coast’s Ochre, etc. and need past players numbers. Ideally I’d make them super authentic with proper logos, the only difference being a different jock tag (similar to what M&N to, but to do that you’d need to become an official licensee of the AFL which costs $10000, money I could only make from selling authentic versions. But yeah, as you say, the market is a fraction of the size and would be incredibly hard to sell. It’s more of a pipe dream.

This went for a bit just recently. With the run of fakes going around at the moment and the oddness of the eagle head was wondering whether this is the real deal. Can anyone help?
View attachment 597863View attachment 597864

That eagles head was used in 1995 and pre-season 1996 only so jumper is 1996 preseason given the centenary badge. They just sewed the centenary badge on so can usually see outline of 1995 afl badge underneath on legit jumpers...

That eagles head was used in 1995 and pre-season 1996 only so jumper is 1996 preseason given the centenary badge. They just sewed the centenary badge on so can usually see outline of 1995 afl badge underneath on legit jumpers...

Yep, definitely the real deal. I own a McIntosh, and saw a David Hart sell recently too.

Nothing should surprise me when it comes to Eagles jumpers, but wow.

2IOGB6M.png

I’m not surprised that a OG Peril went for that much, there’s some people who are really desperate for one.

What surprises me is that a jumper that small went for that much. If it were a M or an L then maybe, but this looks like an XXS. I’d have thought that would have brought down the price to the $800-$900 mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I ended up messaging the seller and they said they got it while in the UK. Still strange though

There were a number of AFL exhibition matches played in the UK at the same time North were winning premierships and wearing the Bounding Roo regularly. Is it possible that an exclusive UK range of jumpers were made with Foster’s sponsorship?

There's been some great Saints jumpers on eBay recently, I messaged the guy and he said he got them from a garage sale, are they actual player issue? (I doubt it) and why have the cuffs been cut off?
I managed to pick this one up but the other ones must have sold very quickly because I never saw them listed, sucks that I couldn't get a Crusader or 98 with the AFL logo lower.
FQCMyiE.jpg

imYMyol.jpg

k0x7nSk.jpg

There's been some great Saints jumpers on eBay recently, I messaged the guy and he said he got them from a garage sale, are they actual player issue? (I doubt it) and why have the cuffs been cut off?
I managed to pick this one up but the other ones must have sold very quickly because I never saw them listed, sucks that I couldn't get a Crusader or 98 with the AFL logo lower.
FQCMyiE.jpg

imYMyol.jpg

k0x7nSk.jpg

Going by the varying styles of the collars and cuffs, the logo positioning and even the number on the first jumper, I'd say these are prototypes

FQCMyiE.jpg

imYMyol.jpg

k0x7nSk.jpg

They all had red numbers didn’t they ?

Attn: Port Adelaide supporters.

Of no interest to me... but some Port Adelaide supporters might be keen.
20190208_171527.jpg
Currently being advertised on FB MarketPlace in Melbourne. Seems to be from their very first game in the AFL (against Fremantle in pre-season 1997).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back