Congrats Steve Johnson 100th game

Remove this Banner Ad

sarah.13

Premiership Player
May 17, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Geelong
The "freak" plays his 100th game v West Coast this week end. Just 20 odd months ago he looked gone, now he's transformed himself into an AA, Norm Smith and Premiership player.
Well done S.J. One of my favorite players!! :thumbsu:

Re: Steve Johnson makes a ton.

On the topic, read that Ben Graham has had a boy (Jack). Sorry if I'm 12 months behind!

Congrats to Stevie J. A mercurial and frustrating player all in one. A great effort to reach this milestone considering there were, and still are, question marks over his ankles.

Anyone notice the decision he made in the last quarter on the weekend when he ran onto the ball that came to the back of the pack in the left forward pocket. Instead of wheeling to his right to open up the angle on goal he runs further into the pocket and closes the angle. Almost got the dribbled left foot snap. Attempting goal of the year I think. :D

Congrats to Stevie J. A mercurial and frustrating player all in one. A great effort to reach this milestone considering there were, and still are, question marks over his ankles.

Anyone notice the decision he made in the last quarter on the weekend when he ran onto the ball that came to the back of the pack in the left forward pocket. Instead of wheeling to his right to open up the angle on goal he runs further into the pocket and closes the angle. Almost got the dribbled left foot snap. Attempting goal of the year I think. :D
Was that the one Mooney passed off? For goodness' sake, I'm sick of him putting others under pressure for goals in play.

Congrats Johnno. My man since first drafted.

Reading the thread title, I thought you meant he completed the Centurion, which I am sure he's made it past 100 many times!

(For those who don't know what the Centurion is, it's a shot of Beer every minute, for 100 minutes)

Steves mind at work... "Hmm, no Byrnes in the goal square... I can easily slot this through as goal of the year. I'll show you Byrnes that I can kick these!"

Congrats to SJ!

I hoping for Stevie J to produce something a little bit special for his 100th.

I seem to remember him kicking a goal while lying down against Richmond and I'm sure it was in his 50th when Geelong snuck home against the Tigers at the Cattery.

I'm hoping for something similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was rapt when we drafted him, and he's been my boy ever since. Noone else had 20 on their guernsey till this season but me :D

Good on ya Dogga! Spewin i'm not there to see you bring up the century.

That goal was pure class.

Waiting 15 seconds for a lead...no one obliged...eg "____ leading steve you'll kick it".

Steve walks back comes in drills it...no fuss...

no wild celebrations like Fremantle.

Business as usual. :cool::thumbsu:

I still stand by this comment! ;)

On a serious note, how good was that goal in the first quarter?
Vintage. A few others didn't quite go his way but plenty of goal assists. Look forward to another 100 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back