List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s best 22 for them. Once he fills out properly he’ll be a gun, I can’t see him being pushed out too quickly

They already have some pretty decent youngsters not getting games. They can't all be kept happy. Just look how many top picks they have and now all the priority access to players in the NT.

Just watch, they will come good over the next two years and still be "on the tit of the AFL" with extra concessions when they already have the players they need.

Brisbane look in a similar position TBH, years of stocking up on quality kids some won't fit in.

I think Shuey has a longer playing career ahead of him once we have adequate replacements for his midfield role....

Last post wins :) - Page 925 — EA Forums

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
At Geelong TK was 3rd or 4th inline midfielder and played less inside. Now he is number.one and learning to.deal with a tag and a new system

I would say he played No 2 to Danger because last year Kelly was moved into the midfield full time with Selwood to a wing and G Abblet moved more forward.

How is Roberton going at the Lions? Wonder if he can pry him from them next year.

That a job for Darren Glass at the Family Christmas Function.

And Blakey at Freo is on the outer ATM!

We need to be aiming a lot higher than trying to get someone who can't get a game for Freo, Blakely isn't getting a game because he's terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
It helps by the fact Lions are winning and Robertson isn't getting games. Same goes for Sharpe.

Had 7 touches, 3 tackles in round 1.

I see Sharpe and Rivers as being harder to get than Robertson.

Rivers is loving it in Melbourne, playing in a team with his best friend, and developing well in the team.

Sharpe looks like the type who would enjoy the lifestyle that Gold Coast provides and can see what they're building there.

Robertson is finding it hard to break into a team with a deep midfield and not playing any footy really due to COVID.

Dev will request a trade this year, and we will happily give up our 2nd round plus a pick swap or something.

Elijah Taylor from Sydney would be easier to get than Rivers or Sharpe I would think.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I see Sharpe and Rivers as being harder to get than Robertson.

Rivers is loving it in Melbourne, playing in a team with his best friend, and developing well in the team.

Sharpe looks like the type who would enjoy the lifestyle that Gold Coast provides and can see what they're building there.

Robertson is finding it hard to break into a team with a deep midfield and not playing any footy really due to COVID.

Dev will request a trade this year, and we will happily give up our 2nd round plus a pick swap or something.

Elijah Taylor from Sydney would be easier to get than Rivers or Sharpe I would think.

Surely the Lions would want more than a second rounder for Dev.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely the Lions would want more than a second rounder for Dev.

Plus a swap of picks.

We're talking about a guy who by the end of the season, might have only ever played 1 game.

We gave them pick 28 for Yeo back in 2013.

I see more chance of Adam Cockie coming out retirement and dominating as our inside bull than this happening TBH :ox:

These days rookies get pretty roasted if they request trades straight away. Generally they see out their 2 year initial contracts at a minimum.

One of the biggest selling points Brisbane liked in Dev was his professionalism, i doubt he'd throw the towel in on a club who appears to be building sustained success, after one shortened COVID impacted season.

Best chance to get him back will be end of 2021, that's if they aren't already working on him putting pen to paper early. And i doubt it would be cheap.

I do hope i'm completely wrong and you're correct though. It helps with the fact he's not in Victoria, so the media won't turn it into a massive deal.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I see more chance of Adam Cockie coming out retirement and dominating as our inside bull than this happening TBH :ox:

These days rookies get pretty roasted if they request trades straight away. Generally they see out their 2 year initial contracts at a minimum.

One of the biggest selling points Brisbane liked in Dev was his professionalism, i doubt he'd throw the towel in on a club who appears to be building sustained success, after one shortened COVID impacted season.

Best chance to get him back will be end of 2021, that's if they aren't already working on him putting pen to paper early. And i doubt it would be cheap.

I do hope i'm completely wrong and you're correct though. It helps with the fact he's not in Victoria, so the media won't turn it into a massive deal.
Considering the shortned year and the depth of their midfield id be stunned if had a sook and wanted to come home early.

Maybe expecting him to request a trade this year is a bit much.

On the other hand, Glassy should be making it one of our top priorities, given the speculative nature of this years draft and our need for mids in the next couple of year.

You're right though, word on Devon is he is incredibly loyal and professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back