Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentators on the Swans game saying Gillon having a press conference at 4pm AEST, speculation a player has tested positive, IMO they are sensationalising it, more likely to be that Vic players will have to relocated somewhere else

Probably. That is possibly what happened to Madam X, SA's last positive case. She flew from the UK to Melbourne where she tested negative then after approximately one week flew to Adelaide where she tested positive. She could have contracted COVID at Heathrow or of course she could have contracted COVID on arrival in Melbourne. Despite the claims by airlines it must also be possible to contract COVID in flight.

What I was thinking, if it was that easy then the AFL scheduling would be a non issue as they could ask teams to present test results as part of submitting final team lists.

I can't see how the AFL are going to schedule rounds 6-10 without getting Vic clubs to base themselves in interstate hubs.

Not sure what the SA Government's position would be on the matter, I can see them being conservative as it appears that we've eliminated the virus. However I can't see any difference to Ports playing a Vic team in Qld or WA or allowing a Vic team to base themselves in a quarantine hub in SA.

Either way they're going to be jumping in and out of packs with Vic based players....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's almost certainly been doing contact training with his entire team. You'd have to quarantine them all.

Sydney, North, Giants and Bulldogs all in the contact group.

Bloody Essendon, always testing positive to something!

Really though he could just have residual traces of the virus from his trip overseas but not be contageous. Fingers crossed the system works.

Oh *. There is no telling who is infected at Essendon. They have to shut the competition down for two weeks, isolate and test all Essendon players and get them and the other 9 clubs out of Victoria ASAP.

Looking at the records McKenna, if it is him, has not played an AFL game this year but the problem is, has he infected anyone within the Essendon club and have they in turn passed it on to another club? I guess it depends when he contracted the virus. If it is within the last week then the chances of another club being infected are negligible.

The COVID-19 figures out of Melbourne today are as bad as they were in early April and there is no indication they will get any better anytime soon hence the Victorian Government's dercision not proceed with the scheduled easing of lockdown restrictions this weekend. The AFL has to put the health of the players and their families first.

I know this is serious, but how hilarious is it.

AFL refused to even consider WA and SA as potential hubs.
AFL assigns WA and SA clubs to a hub based in QLD.
Victorian players refused to travel outside their state without their family in tow.
AFL sets up a hub in Victoria.
AFL has a dig at SA Premier about our refusal to open our borders for football.
Victorian clubs complain that it's not fair that WA and SA clubs might be able to train sooner than them.
AFL sets training restrictions on WA and SA clubs for 'fairness'
Victoria winds back restrictions earlier than other states
Victorian clubs start training in groups before WA & SA clubs.
Victorian Premier has a dig at SA Premier about our refusal to open our borders for tourism.
Victoria has a sharp rise in cases.
Victorian based player tests positive.
Season get's canned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back