Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have done what the real experts told him. Not Jarrod.
He should have a had a consistent message not one that's all over the place
He should not have politicised it by calling it a hoax and a beat up by MSM or the Dems - ironically he politicised it more than anyone. Modus operandi for narcissistic sociopaths.
He should never have said it was just a flu - ie that would forcer him to tell the truth, very hard for the Cheeto.
He should not be raising hope by flogging an untested drug - see truth comment above
He should not have set the states at each other trying to get equipment, rather it should have been coordinated.
He should have moved faster with implementing social distancing measures
He should have stopped travel from Europe earlier
He should stop blaming others people, I think this quote from about the Covid19 pandemic says it all - "I am not responsible."
He should have listened to the Obama administration pandemic warning at handover, he should have listened to Navarro's warning in January etc.

That's 10 things I can think of quickly, I'm sure there are more. He has done basically everything wrong and all these failure can be predicted on him being a narcissistic sociopath and the way they react to challenges. The US is reaping what it sowed by voting for a man utterly unfit for office.

Trumps presidency will be remembered as probably the worst US president ever. I always doubted his ability to run a school canteen after half a dozen bankruptcies. His example will be in management textbooks of how not to run organization or respond to a crisis.

Not even close to being the worst President.

JFK throwing the US into the Vietnam makes him a worse President.

LBJ policies have had a devastating impact on the black communites.

Bush going into Iraq based on lies.

Andrew Johnson for his role in what happened after the civil war.

Trump might be a borish, lying blaggard but in the context of US President there are far, far worse in history.

Not even close to being the worst President.

JFK throwing the US into the Vietnam makes him a worse President.

LBJ policies have had a devastating impact on the black communites.

Bush going into Iraq based on lies.

Andrew Johnson for his role in what happened after the civil war.

Trump might be a borish, lying blaggard but in the context of US President there are far, far worse in history.
So are you saying he is ok because the bar is pretty low

Surely you jest?
His response has been slow, confused, disorganised and ineffective.

Countries that responded quickly show lower infection rates, flatter curves and less deaths like Taiwan, SK and Australia.
Countries that were slow to respond have had much worse outcomes such as the USA & UK
The proof of the pudding.

Trumps response has literally lead to the death of thousands of Americans. That is going to be his legacy.

Good move on the WHO by Trump and while deserved on the WHOs part it is obvious buckpassing on Trump's part too.

Scomo was right there in behind Trump and Boris, just lucky we are less interconnected than the US & UK and it wasn't already imbedded here while he was copying their bravado. He was still talking about going to Cronulla games when we should have already been locked down. Just lucky that when he changed his tune it wasn't too late like Trump and Boris.

If you want to compare Trump to past leaders you can do it somewhere else. Like SRP, in the Trump thread

He's done a s**t job so far by world standards with dealing with this and part of it is because America was super unprepared for a pandemic.

He doesn't take all the blame for that but he certainly didn't do anything to improve the situation.

America is doing more than some other countries but for a supposed world leader and super power their actions to date have been pretty on the nose

When we can view both the government and the private sector actually putting public health and safety before profits, I'd say you're the one who isn't quite comprehending what's going on.
Profits? The economy includes jobs and real people. What is with this notion that it is all about profits? That’s absurd.

The economy being down for years would have a catastrophic effect on everyone.

Trial of anti-malarial drug Chloroquine in Brazil has been suspended because of a number of patient deaths due to heart problems, which is know side effect of the drug. Seems like the the cure is just as bad as the disease in this case.

Not the hoped-for silver bullet cure.
Not surprising, it was never likely to be a silver bullet cure, despite what the Cheeto suggests. The studies so far are not convincing and we need to wait to see when better, proper trials are complete. There are lots of issues to be sorted out such as dosing and safety. Perhaps it needs to be given with something else, like an anti retroviral drug. I know some ICU's in Oz are giving it along with anti-viral medication to the very severe, other than this group of 'going down the tubes' patients I really don't think it's wise to use it.

Let's not forget Obama did fu** all for 8 years but he's got a skin pigment so he gets away with murder
He took a moribund GFC economy and turned it into a thriving one. Fact. You can look up the figures if you want.
What has his skin colour got to do with it?

Good move on the WHO by Trump and while deserved on the WHOs part it is obvious buckpassing on Trump's part too.

Scomo was right there in behind Trump and Boris, just lucky we are less interconnected than the US & UK and it wasn't already imbedded here while he was copying their bravado. He was still talking about going to Cronulla games when we should have already been locked down. Just lucky that when he changed his tune it wasn't too late like Trump and Boris.
I think is was NSW & Vic pushed him. Nonetheless he did get on track and did move in the right way, quick enough. Credit where credits due, can't be accused of being a partisan hack. We displayed a lot more Fed-state cooperation than the US, where the combative approach dominated and ultimately the population has suffered the price.

I know nothing of WHO politics but I certainly thought they were weeks late to name it as a pandemic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump could cure cancer and his opponents would find fault with it. That's what is wrong with politics today, people blindly following 'their team' rather than any policy. That's why NZ PM is praised for anything for everything while Trump would be blasted for the same policy...

No, He couldn't. He is too plain dumb for that.

Sweden doesn't even have a lock down policy and has suffered far more deaths than we have yet they seem to be getting a free pass.

No worldly criticisms of their policies.

Slower than any of Morrison, Trump or Johnson to react.

Half our population but we've had 63 deaths, they've had over 1000 already.

Sweden doesn't even have a lock down policy and has suffered far more deaths than we have yet they seem to be getting a free pass.

They are lucky they have a great health care system and an educated and compliant population
But that still might not be enough to save them from their social experiment

Overall I think Trump has done a good job as president, people I know living in America feel the same.

However he hasn't handled the last 2 months good at all and America is going to pay the price.
you need to find better American friends

They are lucky they have a great health care system and an educated and compliant population
But that still might not be enough to save them from their social experiment

Obviously they aren't lucky to have a decent government at present.

Given the flack other leaders are getting for reacting slow we're lucky to have the leaders we have compared to that moron.

There has been criticisms. I think people want to wait and see where countries end up. It's possible the stricter measures only delay the inevitable and that the other Scandinavian countries end up at the same place, just slower. It's an experiment to watch.

There has been criticisms. I think people want to wait and see where countries end up. It's possible the stricter measures only delay the inevitable and that the other Scandinavian countries end up at the same place, just slower. It's an experiment to watch.

So if that's the case why are other leaders getting criticized for being slow and not getting the benefit of doubt this PM is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back