Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says he can hardly breathe at times and thinks he will die. It’s comes on strong then gets bit better and it’s a cycle. He not even in ICU. They take him back home and track him. The hospital don’t want patients and are in massive fear of the coronavirus. He is late 30s. I’ll be in touch on here if I hear what comes of it. Fingers crossed he doesn’t become a stat.

Fingers crossed.

That's unbelievable.

If true, and some states are not testing people who have obviously got the virus, in order to save the virus test kits for those they are not sure about, how can we trust in the official Australian virus figures?

A reporter should ask a question at one of the VIC Govt pressers, if there are some people that are 99% thought to have the virus that have not been virus tested, and whether someone like this would be recorded in the official stats of virus cases, and whether this was policy or just at the discretion of any particular medical, and if the Federal Government/CMO is aware of this practice, and which other states are in any way following a similar practice.

Maybe a journo can bring it up in one of the Federal Government Pressers, and all the other State Government ones, and ask how we or the Federal Government can trust in/make decision on the accuracy figures, based on what is/was allegedly happening in Victoria.
I told this guy to get on social media tell his story. Get him to tell his story. People will want to know.

If anyone has followed any of my post on this since January on different threads on bf they know that I’ve predicted everything that has happened.. I say this to any doubters of any of my post.

I told this guy to get on social media tell his story. Get him to tell his story. People will want to know.

If anyone has followed any of my post on this since January on different threads on bf they know that I’ve predicted everything that has happened.. I say this to any doubters of any of my post.
It's amazing. I mean the scientists and doctors don't know exactly what is going to happen but you do.....

I've touted a possible solution of moving to a State where containment is definitively working (eg Tasmania), quarantining everyone once they arrive for 14 days, and then ramp up to resuming games (in empty stadiums of course) with shortened quarters to allow for two games a week.

I know it's far fetched but I don't see why that cannot happen in say June in Tasmania if new cases hit zero.
I think you meant Adelaide

Read my post. As I said. About the virus. And what was to come. Have fun.
Read my post. As I said, nobody knows. You're not Nostradamus. Have fun.

Why will it peak in May/June? Aren’t we getting ahead of it now? Just curious if (in vic) there are 20-30 cases a day. Are they excepting more of surge around May etc.
Even if growth levels off, the number of active cases accumulates. A patient who catches the disease today might take a fortnight to develop symptoms, a week to deteriorate, and then another fortnight to recover or die. So there are patients catching the disease right now that will potentially tie up hospital resources into mid-May.

One of the really challenging things for hospitals about this disease is the length of time that patients need breathing assistance for. Ordinarily a patient spends a couple of days on a ventilator - COVID-19 patients are regularly requiring up to two weeks.

For ICUs that are regularly pushing their bed limit during the winter, it doesn’t take many of those sorts of patients before you have serious resource problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if growth levels off, the number of active cases accumulates. A patient who catches the disease today might take a fortnight to develop symptoms, a week to deteriorate, and then another fortnight to recover or die. So there are patients catching the disease right now that will potentially tie up hospital resources into mid-May.

One of the really challenging things for hospitals about this disease is the length of time that patients need breathing assistance for. Ordinarily a patient spends a couple of days on a ventilator - COVID-19 patients are regularly requiring up to two weeks.

For ICUs that are regularly pushing their bed limit during the winter, it doesn’t take many of those sorts of patients before you have serious resource problems.
Ok, I assume that it’s based on a normal winter, this winter you would assume flu won’t be anywhere near as bad due to the measures in place? I’m not doubting it just find it hard to understand if we where getting heaps more cases weeks ago ain’t we in peak now?

Sorry to jump in but from what I can tell (and I understand how premature this could be) case numbers have stabilised. In fact we would need to go back to adding about 260 cases a day to maintain current active cases.

Based on my spreadsheet we have added 3659 cases in the last 14 days. An average of 261 cases a day.

it sounds a lot like he falls below what might be considered the threshold for admittance - which is probably pneumonia. from what i understand, the shortness of breath associated with coronavirus can happen quite independently through the metabolic acidosis it causes. metabolic acidosis (in my thinnest of medical understanding) is a change in the pH levels of the blood, which makes it harder for the body to dispose of carbon dioxide through the lungs, and therefore rebind oxygen to the blood. hence the description of coronavirus sufferers feeling as if they are drowning.
imagine trying to get your regular doses of oxygen while you've got pneumonia, and then metabolic acidosis underneath it. while he doesn't have pneumonia he's a better chance than others of shaking it off, though his fear would be understandable.

and it's one of the reasons the co-morbidities are so lethal, and you would rarely have one of the listed co-morbidities on its own. you have renal insufficiency you'll have blood pressure issues, and a predisposition to heart disease. diabetes is a circulatory disease.
you're starved for oxygen in a body that doesn't function at %100 to begin with. struggle to get the O2 in, and struggle to push it around.
some of the young people dying will be because of undiscovered medical issues. your kidney's can lose a lot of function before you have any idea.

the other reason the co-morbidities could be so lethal, is the medications people take for these ailments. hypertension? you're likely taking ace inhibitors or arb's, which potentially provide ideal conditions for the coronavirus to bind to the proper enzyme. or diuretics which, due to some of their mechanisms they employ to leave the body, drain some alkalis giving rise to... metabolic acidosis. which the stereotypical american diet will already give some a small head-start in.

ironically, statins (anti-cholesterol drugs) have been beneficial in treating previous coronaviruses.

it sounds a lot like he falls below what might be considered the threshold for admittance - which is probably pneumonia. from what i understand, the shortness of breath associated with coronavirus can happen quite independently through the metabolic acidosis it causes. metabolic acidosis (in my thinnest of medical understanding) is a change in the pH levels of the blood, which makes it harder for the body to dispose of carbon dioxide through the lungs, and therefore rebind oxygen to the blood. hence the description of coronavirus sufferers feeling as if they are drowning.
imagine trying to get your regular doses of oxygen while you've got pneumonia, and then metabolic acidosis underneath it. while he doesn't have pneumonia he's a better chance than others of shaking it off, though his fear would be understandable.

and it's one of the reasons the co-morbidities are so lethal, and you would rarely have one of the listed co-morbidities on its own. you have renal insufficiency you'll have blood pressure issues, and a predisposition to heart disease. diabetes is a circulatory disease.
you're starved for oxygen in a body that doesn't function at %100 to begin with. struggle to get the O2 in, and struggle to push it around.
some of the young people dying will be because of undiscovered medical issues. your kidney's can lose a lot of function before you have any idea.

the other reason the co-morbidities could be so lethal, is the medications people take for these ailments. hypertension? you're likely taking ace inhibitors or arb's, which potentially provide ideal conditions for the coronavirus to bind to the proper enzyme. or diuretics which, due to some of their mechanisms they employ to leave the body, drain some alkalis giving rise to... metabolic acidosis. which the stereotypical american diet will already give some a small head-start in.

ironically, statins (anti-cholesterol drugs) have been beneficial in treating previous coronaviruses.
You really need to change your username

maryjames claims they are a doctor and says you should not get a flu shot this year amongst other questionable 'advice'.

Make of it what you will.

I've never had a flu shot. First time it was offered to me was in a workplace in 1995. I declined and watched what happened to many of those who took up the offer. Many of them came down with the flu shortly afterwards (some had quite bad cases of it) and I didn't get the flu at all that season. In fact I rarely do. Just my anecdotal evidence FWIW ("not much") I hear you say.

I've never had a flu shot. First time it was offered to me was in a workplace in 1995. I declined and watched what happened to many of those who took up the offer. Many of them came down with the flu shortly afterwards (some had quite bad cases of it) and I didn't get the flu at all that season. In fact I rarely do. Just my anecdotal evidence FWIW ("not much") I hear you say.
"Shortly afterwards". It takes a couple of weeks for the immunity to kick in so they would've contracted it before they had the vaccine. The vaccine cannot cause the flu, it is a dead virus.

"Shortly afterwards". It takes a couple of weeks for the immunity to kick in so they would've contracted it before they had the vaccine. The vaccine cannot cause the flu, it is a dead virus.

Actually it's supposed to be an inactivated virus. We're talking 25 years ago. Maybe quality control was a problem then. I was working in a large government building at the time. Several hundred staff.

Even now the flu vaccine is at best 60% effective at protecting people from the flu according to the latest CDC studies.

Last edited:
Insert link to scientific paper here that has already been linked several times in this and other threads

Paper was published a couple of years ago showing the flu vaccine was really good at killing the flu and several closely related bugs. It also showed that it ran interference for, and increased the risk of infection from, coronaviruses.

I consider that grounds for holding off the flu shot for a while, at least until we seem to have kicked covid-19 out. Feel free to come to your own opinion.

Insert link to scientific paper here that has already been linked several times in this and other threads

Paper was published a couple of years ago showing the flu vaccine was really good at killing the flu and several closely related bugs. It also showed that it ran interference for, and increased the risk of infection from, coronaviruses.

I consider that grounds for holding off the flu shot for a while, at least until we seem to have kicked covid-19 out. Feel free to come to your own opinion.

Is this the one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back