Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Evans has a bio charger he will sell you for $15k to help you feel better.
He claims it's even got some recipes for corona virus.

Surely he's committed some sort of offence by promoting this. At the least there's an issue with consumer law around misleading claims.

Would love to see this conman behind bars.

Surely he's committed some sort of offence by promoting this. At the least there's an issue with consumer law around misleading claims.

Would love to see this conman behind bars.
Do we also arrest the evangelical guys for claiming your belief in god will keep the virus away ?

Do we also arrest the evangelical guys for claiming your belief in god will keep the virus away ?

I'd back god seven days of the week against Pete Evans and I'm pretty much an atheist. The evangelicals aren't selling books or other trinkets that promise a cure (not directly anyway).

With the evangelical guys, the virus will probably thin out some of the population anyway.

The evangelicals aren't selling books or other trinkets that promise a cure (not directly anyway).

With the evangelical guys, the virus will probably thin out some of the population anyway.
yes they are and they are tax deductible
The problem is they also go down to Bondi when they come out for the convention and spread it around

I'd back god seven days of the week against Pete Evans and I'm pretty much an atheist. The evangelicals aren't selling books or other trinkets that promise a cure (not directly anyway).

They are both selling lies to people desperate to believe.

yes they are and they are tax deductible
The problem is they also go down to Bondi when they come out for the convention and spread it around

If they sell anything (a good - I know they sell healing "services") specifically promising to help against COVID then they also should be prosecuted. Obviously under ScoMo that isn't happening of course. Or Trump, who could also be done himself for promoting fraudulent cures.

Agree with your second point. Backpackers and bogans do this too. For the parishoners though, this is more about stupidity, not crime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why the numbers being quoted from Dictatorships are being believed
None of the numbers are accurate.
New York is only counting deaths that happened in hospital as covid, someone dies at home or before they get tested they just shrug and move on.
280 people died in New York yesterday that weren't part of the toll but some of them should have been. We just don't know how many

None of the numbers are accurate.
New York is only counting deaths that happened in hospital as covid, someone dies at home or before they get tested they just shrug and move on.
280 people died in New York yesterday that weren't part of the toll but some of them should have been. We just don't know how many
But the flipside of that is someone whos been battling cancer and whatever else gets covid is considered a covid statistic which also isnt completely true. Dying with and dying because of are different...

But the flipside of that is someone whos been battling cancer and whatever else gets covid is considered a covid statistic which also isnt completely true. Dying with and dying because of are different...
And if they werent going to die without getting covid?

Seems like some unrest here
Concerns about a loss of civil liberties are valid, but some of the arguments are insidiously counterproductive, and shortsighted. It's not possible to create nuanced restrictions like someone living in an apartment being freer to exercise, without having some sort of information about them to call on.
Blanket bans are brute force and definitely can be harsh, but you don't need to keep someone's life story on file.

Well they wouldn't have died without the former. Reporting it as just corona isnt entirely truthful in the same way your example not counting some stats isnt.
Healthy people can die from it.
Some groups are more likely to die from it.

We know that. If they weren't going to die without catching corona then they should absolutely be reported in the statistics.

This isnt someone who had it dying from a gunshot wound being included.

i know for a fact that our numbers aren't what they seem. We are doing insanely well, insanely well, but the figures are not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back