Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone jockeying for a bailout now.
To be fair, this was always going to happen when they put a moratorium on elective surgery.

Private hospitals essentially exist to run elective surgery. Operating theatres are painfully expensive things, and they need a really high rate of utilisation just to break even.

The amount of money that hospitals are going to lose by keeping their theatres closed and their recovery wards empty just doesn’t bear thinking about.

Just for an understanding on how much free space there is in Bergamo
View attachment 849128
Yep, we're a rich country with a good health system, in Summer/autumn and a sparsely populated community living on an island. We had a massive advantage over many other countries.
We've been pretty soft on it compared to other nations and looking pretty sweet at the moment.

Any idea how long these travel restrictions will be in place for international travel?
No idea but talk in entertainment industry is nothing before November is a possibility.

Received the following via a friend.

----

Think the banks putting a freeze on mortgages is a good thing? And that will take pressure off renters, landlords and homeowners?
Wrong.
Unfortunately the media has portrayed the banks as freezing mortgages as a nice gesture however the reality is very different and needs to be exposed and challenged.
The banks are putting a freeze on repayments for mortgages for 3-6 months however the interest is capitalised. What that means is that the interest keeps accumulating and then the banks add the total to the mortgage and this adds up to ALOT.
In reality for me (and many similar people with mortgages) is my monthly interest payments is around $3,000 a month. If I have to freeze my mortgage for 6 months, I will have accumulated a debt of $18,000 which then charged over 30 years at 4% interest equals and lump sum of $31,000 added to a mortgage.
Meaning if I keep repayments the same, instead of receiving only $18,000 in interest the banks get an extra $13,000 over the life of the loan, that is an extra 72% ROI. *ers..
So this is the elephant in the room that the government and media are not addressing, most of us rent or own houses under mortgages. And our primary expense for living is rent, so why is the government running around decreasing interest rates and giving out $179,000,000,000 (with more to come) and not stopping the banks from profiting from its customers framed like they are helping us?
This affects renters too, most renters probably saw that mortgages can be frozen and there is talk of not being able to evict tenants during this time. However the chances are your landlord isnt some money hungry evil person, but more so an average Australian with one investment property who also just lost their job or also has a severely restricted income with massive debt. So not paying rent and passing it on to the landlord has massive implications.
Probably that if tenants cant (or wont) pay rent and landlords get slapped with a massive interest bill, then they will have to increase rents to offset the losses.
This information needs to get out there and pressure needs to be put on government and media to do something about this as the banks will * the economy further, there interests (pun...) are not aligned with the people and its the government and the people that pay for that.

No idea but talk in entertainment industry is nothing before November is a possibility.

Received the following via a friend.

----

Think the banks putting a freeze on mortgages is a good thing? And that will take pressure off renters, landlords and homeowners?
Wrong.
Unfortunately the media has portrayed the banks as freezing mortgages as a nice gesture however the reality is very different and needs to be exposed and challenged.
The banks are putting a freeze on repayments for mortgages for 3-6 months however the interest is capitalised. What that means is that the interest keeps accumulating and then the banks add the total to the mortgage and this adds up to ALOT.
In reality for me (and many similar people with mortgages) is my monthly interest payments is around $3,000 a month. If I have to freeze my mortgage for 6 months, I will have accumulated a debt of $18,000 which then charged over 30 years at 4% interest equals and lump sum of $31,000 added to a mortgage.
Meaning if I keep repayments the same, instead of receiving only $18,000 in interest the banks get an extra $13,000 over the life of the loan, that is an extra 72% ROI. f***ers..
So this is the elephant in the room that the government and media are not addressing, most of us rent or own houses under mortgages. And our primary expense for living is rent, so why is the government running around decreasing interest rates and giving out $179,000,000,000 (with more to come) and not stopping the banks from profiting from its customers framed like they are helping us?
This affects renters too, most renters probably saw that mortgages can be frozen and there is talk of not being able to evict tenants during this time. However the chances are your landlord isnt some money hungry evil person, but more so an average Australian with one investment property who also just lost their job or also has a severely restricted income with massive debt. So not paying rent and passing it on to the landlord has massive implications.
Probably that if tenants cant (or wont) pay rent and landlords get slapped with a massive interest bill, then they will have to increase rents to offset the losses.
This information needs to get out there and pressure needs to be put on government and media to do something about this as the banks will fu** the economy further, there interests (pun...) are not aligned with the people and its the government and the people that pay for that.

That whole post about the banks capitalising interest - well no s**t sherlock - what do you expect them to do? They are still a business after all. It astounds me people expect everything to stop and they just sit at home getting there $1000 a f/n. You may as well complain that supermarkets are still charging for groceries.

That whole post about the banks capitalising interest - well no s**t sherlock - what do you expect them to do? They are still a business after all. It astounds me people expect everything to stop and they just sit at home getting there $1000 a f/n. You may as well complain that supermarkets are still charging for groceries.

Banks Are the scum of the earth….Our own recent - though extremely limited - Royal Commission into them & their practises, proved that well enough.....They Are now mere fronts for criminal usury enterprises.

Banks Are the scum of the earth….Our own recent - though extremely limited - Royal Commission into them & their practises, proved that well enough.....They Are now mere fronts for criminal usury enterprises.
Does the bank get to not pay for the financing it arranged whether interest payment to depositors or external credit sources during the time the mortgage is paused?

Nope. They are just assuming the burden because they have the headlines that billions in profit is made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did my grocery shop yesterday and I don’t understand why cashiers can’t put your items in the bags? They touch every item while scanning and they supply the bag..

The supermarket can (relatively) control the sanitation of their store and products. They cannot control what you did with your bag.

Uncle Rupert is trolling us

In this time of uncertainty and constant change, cut through the noise of social media and accurately keep up with the latest breaking news as it unfolds and read the trusted information you need to know with full access to heraldsun.com.au.
Reckon he’s sweating on subscriptions with no SuperCoach.

Is there some hidden Australia full of boot camps that I'm not aware of?

Not yet.
But some of the housewives and househusbands of Sydney will have no-one to shag if they are denied their personal one on one bootcamps.

I fully expect that personal one on one bootcamps will boom, as existing and new to the industry sex workers, use this loophole to deliver their essential services to Australians.

(Please no boot(y)camp jokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back