Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think our Centrelink overload problems were bad, gotta feel sorry for Floridians

Florida officials are having to revert to paper forms because CONNECT is essentially broken. Thousands of Floridians thrown out of work because of the coronavirus have been unable to apply using the website, which is riddled with error messages and glitches caused in part by the increased need.
And the backup method to CONNECT, the state’s call center, has been similarly overwhelmed, with some people waiting up to 12 hours on hold — if they’re able to connect at all. As a workaround, the department had to create paper applications, which did not previously exist. Allowing paper forms required an executive order from the governor.

Until valuation gets below the percentage threshold for bank lending, in which case expect a fire-sale of mortgagee properties.

Property values could come down anyway imo, they're ridiculous and I'm saying that in owning my own. It's not pretentious but it's my refuge and security and all I really need. I feel for anybody struggling to pay monster rent and having absolutely nothing left over, some day entering the property market just a dream. It's vicious.

China (well Wuhan District) went into government-enforced lockdown - military-enforced home isolation, military-controlled emergency supplies, doors barred - 100% compliance under threat of imprisonment/death.

Wasn't just Wuhan or Hubei province. Friends missus, her teenage son and mother were confined to their flat in Jilin, 2200km away. Not allowed to go out of their door for six weeks, officials came around every morning at 7:30 to take their temperature and drop off three meals each and grandma's medication. 600 million people under lockdown.

No. I’m working at one currently. Have a great idea of how many customers are taking the piss and coming in heaps.

Last trip to the supermarket was over a week ago. Loaf of bread lasts me three or four days, 3L of milk a bit longer. I just don't have sandwiches for lunch when I run out. Have to go out again today, will buy two loaves and stick one in the freezer. And lollies. Lots of lollies. Will sit here for another week and a bit. Definitely a "ration run."

Some workers from a factory we use in China sent us a few face masks, paid for out of their own pocket on their own accord which was really nice.

Be angry at the Chinese government, not the Chinese people.
Couldn’t agree more don’t just throw them all in to one basket. Some extremely lovely people.
Some workers from a factory we use in China sent us a few face masks, paid for out of their own pocket on their own accord which was really nice.

Be angry at the Chinese government, not the Chinese people.
Exactly right, it’s ignorant to throw a whole country in to the same basket, Chinese people are some of the most lovely heartfelt gentle humans I’ve come across. Peace out to all the peeps doing it tough

Exactly right, it’s ignorant to throw a whole country in to the same basket, Chinese people are some of the most lovely heartfelt gentle humans I’ve come across. Peace out to all the peeps doing it tough

The ones that suffer the most from the CCP are the Chinese citizens.

If they were in charge of a small oil-rich country or in South America the CIA would have arranged a coup a long time ago.

Also...

2a3ee6a1-596a-4c3e-be9d-8238347d548f.png

Stay the f*** home. And don't get complacent because case numbers are dropping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting take on isolation by Jessica Watson. Jessica sailed solo around the world at 16yo.
Christ, I thought she'd gone away. She and her family are fairly unpopular in the sailing community. She was grossly inexperienced even for a junior sailor - during her shakedown cruise, she collided with a freighter because she decided to take a nap in a shipping lane. Her parents should have been prosecuted for child endangerment.

Fun fact - she never actually sailed 'around the world'. She and her support team stuffed up the route planning, and the orthodromic distance she covered fell about 2,000 nautical miles short of a recognised circumnavigation.

Last edited:
tight tussle between us and norway on the leaderboard, neck and neck the last few days. we have a few more cases, they have more per capita. both soon to be overtaken by russia though. india coming up will drop us out of the top 20 for sure.

these sets of numbers pretty much constitute my sport intake at the moment.

What we've learned is that governments use cases or per capita figures to paint a particular picture.

I think your power rankings is something Australia wish to drop out of quickly, and substantially

What we've learned is that governments use cases or per capita figures to paint a particular picture.

I think your power rankings is something Australia wish to drop out of quickly, and substantially

Our stats are really per capita per jurisdiction.

We're currently at 5,687 cases, so 1 per 4,400 people. But it's really 1 in 2,900 in NSW vs 1 in 5,700 in WA. But it's still more manageable with fewer cases overall.

I don't know how you ease restrictions and keep a handle on things without 0 active cases. Can you trust that a magic number of cases won't explode into thousands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back