Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.

I would like to assume that the majority of our population are rational rather than stupid when approaching the notion of bringing a child into a world. The planning, thought and preparation needed for having a child in the normal world is already unprecedented and uncertain for many - the current climate of having to distance ourselves (thereby putting an uncertainty on the economy) would be a prime example of a unprecedented/displaced world and no where near the ideal and structured environment that would be preferred by would-be parents - at least by intelligent people, anyway.

I would assume there would have been tons of people who were thinking of having children recently who would have now put that on hold for the purpose of regrouping themselves and structuring themselves more solidly in terms of finances and foresight (simply the fact that the hysteria has got to them since).

tl;dr: the media dun spook'd em
No people aren't. That's why you have couples on a combined 200k+ complaining that they can't support their children without family tax benefits or childcare subsidies, and people who can barely afford to feed themselves having kids, and addicts having kids, etc.

If people were sensible, there wouldn't need to be any child protection services or family tax rorts

Off till July by the look of it. (I'm guessing the NSW measures includes AFL football). So do they run with 2 less teams if other states go different (highly unlikely) or we play the waiting game. December GF will be interesting.

Campaigners who are complaining about being isolated in a 5 star hotel free of charge give me the shits.

When it was THEIR choice to travel..lets not pretend this pandemic happened a week ago!

They aren't paying for anything, get 3 meals a day, get doctors visits every 4 hours, room service, etc

Does this scream hardship?

Bunch of self entitled people and Bingle the worst of them!

Off till July by the look of it. (I'm guessing the NSW measures includes AFL football). So do they run with 2 less teams if other states go different (highly unlikely) or we play the waiting game. December GF will be interesting.
I hope they kill the season off before it gets to October.

If its mid July and they still haven't come back just call it off.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

July seems optimistic too given Wimbledon has just being cancelled for the first time since the World Wars. Not saying we are England, but restarting competitions we could be entering England territory....it's just not worth it till a vaccine is out. If that means 12 months, so be it.

If I was given a paid two weeks in a 5 star hotel I'd happily eat 2 minute noodles for each meal.
Some of these w***ers are even complaining about the quality of food they are given, even though that is even paid for. Morons.

Attachments

• 1585790709285.png
    1585790709285.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 93
Some of these w***ers are even complaining about the quality of food they are given, even though that is even paid for. Morons.

People losing the jobs, dying/getting ill from the virus...but Little Miss Entitled has to get her 5 star breakfast...

Some people jeepers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of summer night footy during the silly season!

Slo-Mo on soon. New measures or just telling us everything is going well and everyone to go back outside in May with round 2 to commence?

Slo-Mo on soon. New measures or just telling us everything is going well and everyone to go back outside in May with round 2 to commence?

He's doing fine, especially over the last week. The regular updates are good for everyone.

They AFL has a line of credit which should almost cover the worst case scenario of the season not going ahead.

But the less footy they play, the more they have to borrow. The more they borrow, the more austerity (cost cutting) will be needed on all football clubs longer into the future to repay the loan.

ie 'killing the season' isn't an option they will consider unless they have no other choice.

They AFL has a line of credit which should almost cover the worst case scenario of the season not going ahead.

But the less footy they play, the more they have to borrow. The more they borrow, the more austerity (cost cutting) will be needed on all football clubs longer into the future to repay the loan.

ie 'killing the season' isn't an option they will consider unless they have no other choice.
Oh well. Playing in December is idiotic. Would impact 2021 too.

Call it off now and refesh in 2021

Don't see what option they are going to have. Do they think the vaccine will be done by July or August? Even with the big pharma companies coming onboard that's so optimistic. Tend to believe the date closer to the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back