Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I understand that unnecessary air travel helps spread the virus and might cost a few people their lives, but think about how good that Foxtel money will feel when it comes through.
It just blows my mind that they dont even do temperature checks with the handheld heat scanners at the airport. No personal questions, nothing.

In Singapore they literally have people walking around streets, malls and stations surveying the public.

Schools are a state issue, blame your states. All this stuff is on back order, you cant get it. Plus all the profiteering is being shutdown and people will be charged.
No, it is federal government advice, with a lot of pressure behind it not to shut the schools. As I said, the states agreed to follow the federal governments advice.

And immigration is on them. As is the lack of any public education campaign. Again, they arent even updating the federal governments website with the latest guidelines.

They also havent changed any of the jobseeker requirements for the disabled and immunocomprimised. Nursing homes are still open. An absolute shitshow.

No, it is federal government advice, with a lot of pressure behind it not to shut the schools. As I said, the states agreed to follow the federal governments advice.

And immigration is on them. As is the lack of any public education campaign. Again, they arent even updating the federal governments website with the latest guidelines.
So for how long, because this will go on for at least 6 months.

So for how long, because this will go on for at least 6 months.
As long is is required, like just about every other developed country, to protect staff, children and their families.

Again, they havent even changed jobseeker requirements for the immunocomprimised, literally putting the vulnerable in harms way. Just unreal. I have heard people coming back from Italy, whose initial response was terrible, absolutely appalled by our governments just complete lack of any action.

I guarantee, within weeks we will be getting official diplomatic complaints from our Asian neighbours.

It just blows my mind that they dont even do temperature checks with the handheld heat scanners at the airport. No personal questions, nothing.

In Singapore they literally have people walking around streets, malls and stations surveying the public.
Temp checks are a waste of time for a lot of people can be infected without showing symptoms.

They are implementing steps and then monitoring the response before putting more in place. If you are worried, take precautions for yourself now (which will also benefit the community). We will get through this.

As long is is required, like just about every other developed country, to protect staff, children and their families.

Again, they havent even changed jobseeker requirements for the immunocomprimised, literally putting the vulnerable in harms way. Just unreal. I have heard people coming back from Italy, whose initial response was terrible, absolutely appalled by our governments just complete lack of any action.

I guarantee, within weeks we will be getting official diplomatic complaints from our Asian neighbours.
Try and steel-man the argument not to close schools. You find its not as simple as you are making it out to be. Oh and the UK, USA and Canada have not closed their schools, only the schools with cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I understand that unnecessary air travel helps spread the virus and might cost a few people their lives, but think about how good that Foxtel money will feel when it comes through.

I cant help but feel footy behind closed doors might do more good than harm, yes is a lay opinion, not a fact in sight,

Pass a Bush Chook love

Well to be fair whilst I didn't grab Emu Export I did grab some booze last weekend just in case I got isolated... :p
Bought some Kilkenny and some Baileys.

As long as you can criticise the Feds you'll keep picking, e,g complete lack of action PR handout.

I'm embarrassed to be an AFL fan when they carry on like this

They a footy comp thats why, thats what the should address & that includes the casuals in warehouses loading catering supplies into the back of truck going to the caterers at the footy, the casuals .... lots more than just the footballers or the administrators.

I posted this link earlier, it demonstrates why its more than lets not play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back