Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi-morbid prediction

USA make up 4% of the worlds population

They end up with 40% of the cases and deaths by the end of this.

I just can't see them effectively dealing with the problem given who the POTUS is, the election coming up, the warring government, the individuals inability to give up the freedoms in exchange for not spreading a deadly virus etc relative to the other countries around the world.

Unlikely, despite however bad the response in the US is.

Countries such as India and Indonesia are yet to see the full impact of this virus.

The total number of cases in India alone could potentially end up being higher than the entire population of the US.

Plus nobody knows what impact this pandemic will have upon the 26 million HIV-positive cases in Africa south of the Sahara.

VIC yesterday 56 new cases Today 55
NSW yesterday 209 new cases. Today 116
QLD yesterday 78 new cases. Today 46
WA yesterday 35 new cases. Today 30
ACT yesterday 7 new cases. Today 5

I believe that in NSW, they are now releasing the stats in the morning and then the afternoon. 116 from the morning, waiting for the afternoon. :oops:

Unlikely, despite however bad the response in the US is.

Countries such as India and Indonesia are yet to see the full impact of this virus.

The total number of cases in India alone could potentially end up being higher than the entire population of the US.

Plus nobody knows what impact this pandemic will have upon the 26 million HIV-positive cases in Africa south of the Sahara.

Was speaking to a colleague in Botswana last week, they are yet to record a case. I told him to start stocking up on a few things just to be prepared.

He thought I was joking when I said toilet paper was the first thing to go.

He was also mortified when I told him about the panic buying at the shops that had been going on. He's got grave concerns that if a first world country such as us are behaving like that, then he doesn't know what's going to happen over there.

He also said that due to their culture, things such as social distancing was just not going to happen.

Lost her job or stood down? You generally have to pay entitlements.
She just got a call so not completely sure yet of the exact wording. They're a retail chain, closing all their stores today and just trading online. She works on the admin side and they said they're closing for at least 3 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that in NSW, they are now releasing the stats in the morning and then the afternoon. 116 from the morning, waiting for the afternoon. :oops:
Correct.

And apparently she's not being paid for this week that she's been on leave.... Doesn't sound very legal to me but who knows.
This sounds like some bullshit to me buddy.

Sounds highly illegal mate. I'm pretty pissed off for you. Are you guys still away camping? Hope you can still enjoy your trip.
Yeah, I'm wondering if they think they'll get away with it in all the confusion. Will wait until she gets the proper email at the end of the day and see what the actual official statement says before we do anything.
We got stuck in Wave Rock since Saturday and then decided to come home today. Tell you what I know every inch of that rock though. Was eerie though, hardly anyone in the caravan park since Sunday. A government branded car did a slow loop round the park at about 6pm last night, took that as the sign to come home.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they think they'll get away with it in all the confusion. Will wait until she gets the proper email at the end of the day and see what the actual official statement says before we do anything.

IR lawyers will have a field day with that one

It's got chloroquine in it, kills microbes, also used as antimalarial, so it's good as a fish-tank cleaner, but would have other stuff in it and clearly not meant to drink it?
The chloroquine has nearly sold out online, need a prescription...hate to think of people self-dosing, have been advised against it by govnmnt.
It has bad side effects, hair loss, anxiety, depression, psychosis to name a few!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back