Could some teams do with a bit of re-branding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a spell mate! There song is up there with the Tiges IMHO.
It's pretty lame all things considered, but when it comes to September action and a full house I absolutely love it.

The bit at the start with the horns is excellent, and this might be unpopular but I absolutely love the start of the West Coast song.

"Hey Eagles..Hey Eagles..Hey Eagles.."

It's a great build up.

The start of North's song too. If I have a complaint about the Dees song, it's the way it starts.

I've said it many times, I wish West Coast would dump all excess colours and to only be Royal Blue and Gold.
With almost 30 years of "West Coast", the name is firmly established and brand strong even if it is geographically vague. More so the reason to identify with their primary colours of the Royal Blue and Gold along with the wings. Many Soccer clubs have strong brand awareness without having Geographically specific names like Juventus, Arsenal, Benfica, Boca Juniors thus their kit becomes paramount in their distinguishable identity and West Coast needs to do the same.

Piss off mate

Our colours are brown and gold. We've worn those colours for 100 years.
We don't care if other people don't like our colours. They're OURS.

You wanna talk about "rebranding"?

How about you look in your own backyard and do something about that ridiculous "Power" nickname, logo and crappy song

Port-Power-Logo.png

:rolleyes::thumbsu:

A grey fist holding a white lightning bolt? WTF????
I never understood why Port chose the nickname "Power" over the "Sharks"

Anyway, there is a whole board dedicated to this shit where Big Footy's budding fashion designers gather to discuss fashions and colour combinations and share make-up tips
At a club of mine (and the Kennedy's) it was drummed into me that gold isn't yellow.

That port logo screams MS Paint.

I've said it many times, I wish West Coast would dump all excess colours and to only be Royal Blue and Gold.
With almost 30 years of "West Coast", the name is firmly established and brand strong even if it is geographically vague. More so the reason to identify with their primary colours of the Royal Blue and Gold along with the wings. Many Soccer clubs have strong brand awareness without having Geographically specific names like Juventus, Arsenal, Benfica, Boca Juniors thus their kit becomes paramount in their distinguishable identity and West Coast needs to do the same.
agreed. the current jumper is a mess. 90s wings is near perfect.

IMO, the golden rule for jumper design, for any sport, should be maintaing the colour hierarchy from every viewing angle.
so front, back, side left, side right, should all have roughly the same ratio of colours, eg 70% blue, 20% gold, 10% white (if you have to have white) and preferably in the same order vertically.

jumpers that look like mostly gold on one side, mostly blue on the other etc, aside from being an ugly mess for television, can't be helpful for the players or umpires either.

agreed. the current jumper is a mess. 90s wings is near perfect.

IMO, the golden rule for jumper design, for any sport, should be maintaing the colour hierarchy from every viewing angle.
so front, back, side left, side right, should all have roughly the same ratio of colours, eg 70% blue, 20% gold, 10% white (if you have to have white) and preferably in the same order vertically.

jumpers that look like mostly gold on one side, mostly blue on the other etc, aside from being an ugly mess for television, can't be helpful for the players or umpires either.
I dunno much about maths, just that the 90s eagles were a formidable side and that simple guernsey = better guernsey.

The royal blue with gold wings/eagle and reverse for clash games would look awesome. They should brand themselves as the team that walked into a comp and dominated it within half a decade.

It's pretty lame all things considered, but when it comes to September action and a full house I absolutely love it.

The bit at the start with the horns is excellent, and this might be unpopular but I absolutely love the start of the West Coast song.

"Hey Eagles..Hey Eagles..Hey Eagles.."

It's a great build up.

The start of North's song too. If I have a complaint about the Dees song, it's the way it starts.
Are you bloody kidding? My biggest gripe with "best song" debates is that they totally ignore the lackluster intro to "join in the chorus" and focus on less than 1 min of the song. It is so horrible even the stadia PA don't bother to play the verse. North song lasts less than 20 secs its a shocker.

Grand old flag is so popular I've sang it for teams that don't even get the "emblem for me and for you" line to rhyme with the colour "blue".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Additionally, to those ragging on the "Power" nickname, I'm a Storm member, so I understand the way they feel. But it's pretty unique and automatically identifies the club, as opposed to certain animal nicknames that are completely overused.

Storm isn't perfect, but it's better than Trams, (Flying) Foxes or Mavericks.

People who are suggesting West Melbourne dont seem to realise that West Melbourne is already a specific suburb which in no way represents the western suburbs as its generally consider an extention of the CBD.

People who are suggesting West Melbourne dont seem to realise that West Melbourne is already a specific suburb which in no way represents the western suburbs as its generally consider an extention of the CBD.
North is virtually West Melbourne, their train station is in West Melbourne IIRC also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back