Science/Environment Could Space-X unite us all?

Remove this Banner Ad

I admire your optimism.

But from what I can see, so many people think that their ideology should be the one thing that unites mankind. A rocket fired into space? They think that if that unites people, people are worshipping false gods and the rocket becomes a symbol of evil.

I just don't see much hope for that sort of a unification.

I for one worship our new space faring penis shaped overlord.

Look, I've got nothing against Elon Musk at all but his fan club is seriously starting to give me the shits. Elon is a cool guy, he invests in good causes and he's got some brilliant ideas but he and Space-X are far from the only players in this field who've made achievements in the post-space race world and they're even further from the only people with big dreams. The only difference is that Space-X has fortunately deep pockets for product development while other companies, large and small, are struggling to come up with the capital to invest in the future. If you wanted to do something about this, start by writing a letter to your local MP to query what government is doing to support such business.

Musk has all the exposure he needs right now. Share the love and look up guys like Equatorial Launch Australia instead. Maybe even put your money where your mouths are and buy some shares.

Ayn Rand warned us about this.

One day Elon Musk will move the top 1% of the top 1% to Mars. Eventually, the only humans left on Earth will be unemployed left wingers, Collingwood supporters, and APEX.

Look, I've got nothing against Elon Musk at all but his fan club is seriously starting to give me the shits. Elon is a cool guy, he invests in good causes and he's got some brilliant ideas but he and Space-X are far from the only players in this field who've made achievements in the post-space race world and they're even further from the only people with big dreams. The only difference is that Space-X has fortunately deep pockets for product development while other companies, large and small, are struggling to come up with the capital to invest in the future. If you wanted to do something about this, start by writing a letter to your local MP to query what government is doing to support such business.

Musk has all the exposure he needs right now. Share the love and look up guys like Equatorial Launch Australia instead. Maybe even put your money where your mouths are and buy some shares.

SpaceX is being subsidised by tax payers to the tune of approx. $5 billion.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

If you haven’t seen Space-X launch the Falcon Heavy, please take the time to have a look!

Question I pose is, could this be the one thing that can unite mankind?

No matter your race, religion, political motivations I think if you watch the launch you will be in awe of what we as human beings are potentially capeable of and are already capeable of if we just stop wasting so much energy on Fighting over ideology. There may have been a discussion on this seeing as it was a couple of weeks ago but I couldn’t find one.

It’s just infuriating that this stuff isn’t the news story of the year rather than the MSM focussing on scandals like Barnaby Joyce or something Trump said or even the me too movement which just gets constant airtime.

This is the sort of thing that transcends the racial, religious, gender divides and catches the next generations imagination. That can’t be a bad thing in such a bloodthirsty world.

Kudos Elon Musk and Space-X!

United against rich kids wasting the worlds resources more like

Ayn Rand warned us about this.

One day Elon Musk will move the top 1% of the top 1% to Mars. Eventually, the only humans left on Earth will be unemployed left wingers, Collingwood supporters, and APEX.

Keep the thinkers and doers, send all the middle men

Remove this Banner Ad

Back