Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney will work it out sooner rather than later. This feels incredibly similar to what Melbourne went through last year: not hard enough early so virus got a foothold, then a lag once the tough measures were in place as it had already taken hold.

You can't actually lockdown completely as people need to eat and many need to work to keep the city running, so it's inevitable that there will be clusters along the way.

No extra vaccine for you!

Good onya Mark. Me and the missus have our second shots next week. I'd have been extremely shat off if Gladys' f*** ups had meant I had to wait longer to be fully protected. Let alone all the U/40s who are waiting their turn!

What idiots are those COVID protestors, I bet you a majority of them are One Nation voters. If more COVID cases that stem from this stupid selfish protest then they have absolutely no right to complain about an extended lockdown.

Anyone here who hates McGowan because of hard early lockdown due to one community case should be proud of McGowan because the state did the right thing to stop it early before it takes hold and we get full freedoms more earlier. Now to those anti lockdown campaigners because it restricts my freedom, should be proud that we had only a short 4 day lockdown and plus we have full pre COVID freedoms, something the eastern states can only dream of. They'd be lucky to be out of lockdown by 2022.

According to this Delta goes from caught to infectious two days faster than other variants which means it spreads too fast for contact tracing to be effective.

SOE ends July 30 here.

If there’s a “case” and we go into lockdown, would that raise your suspicion at all?

I suspect most states will continue under a formal "state of emergency" for a long time to come, regardless of actual day to day local case numbers. That's not, of itself, a problem. The problem is what the govt subsequently does (or avoids doing) by virtue of the powers that status provides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

June or July 30th?
I would say with everything going on around the country there's more than enough justification to extend the SOE anyway
July 30th my apologies

And I disagree.

I mean we've had a lockdown within July itself.
With that and everything going on over east there's more than enough justification imo
Of course. We’ve become so used to this way of life - it seems justified.

I no longer agree.

And I’ll leave it there.

If you take it away now does it affect our ability to close the state borders? I genuinely don't know, but they 100% need to be closed right now.
Very quick look but does look like the thing that gives us the power to close the borders is the declared state of emergency.
If so, there's no chance it's not going to be extended

Very quick look but does look like the thing that gives us the power to close the borders is the declared state of emergency.
If so, there's no chance it's not going to be extended
The Government has majority in both houses so they can extend these sorts of things at will anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it is just done quietly during the week (I assume parliament is sitting at the moment).

I think it is right to be sceptical of these powers, but the reality is we can't afford to open up right now until enough people have vaccinated as it would undo all the work we've done since day 1. In 6 months or so, these Freedom protests will be a lot more relevant if we've vaccinated but the restrictions aren't easing (though I doubt that will happen anyway).

The Government has majority in both houses so they can extend these sorts of things at will anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it is just done quietly during the week (I assume parliament is sitting at the moment).

I think it is right to be sceptical of these powers, but the reality is we can't afford to open up right now until enough people have vaccinated as it would undo all the work we've done since day 1. In 6 months or so, these Freedom protests will be a lot more relevant if we've vaccinated but the restrictions aren't easing (though I doubt that will happen anyway).
Yeah fully agree, and don't get me wrong I understand why we should be asking the question.
I don't particularly trust any government but I think this one (state not federal obviously) has earned the right to a bit of trust for now.

Of course. We’ve become so used to this way of life - it seems justified.

I no longer agree.

And I’ll leave it there.
And then you get the shitshow that happened in Sydney yesterday....

And then you get the shitshow that happened in Sydney yesterday....
Don’t blame them.

Loss of business and suicides because of this “highly dangerous” virus are never discussed in the MSM. Why?

Don’t blame them.

Loss of business and suicides because of this “highly dangerous” virus are never discussed in the MSM. Why?
In the case of suicides, I think the reason is because there has been no significant increase as a result of Covid / lockdowns. Studies have been published, and the results so far have not been very newsworthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back