Create your 2016 state of origin teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Victoria would s**t it in. The Allies would be a chance to beat SA.
Don't underestimate WA with Ryder and Hooker back into that side.

Hooker - Rance - Stratton
Johannisen - McGovern - Wilson
Wells - Priddis - Hill
LeCras - Franklin - Bennell
Walters - Kennedy - Lobb
Ryder - Fyfe - Swallow
Yeo - Coniglio - T Mitchell - O'Meara

Don't underestimate WA with Ryder and Hooker back into that side.

Hooker - Rance - Stratton
Johannisen - McGovern - Wilson
Wells - Priddis - Hill
LeCras - Franklin - Bennell
Walters - Kennedy - Lobb
Ryder - Fyfe - Swallow
Yeo - Coniglio - T Mitchell - O'Meara
That midfield wouldn't get close to Vic, but the talls are top quality.

That midfield wouldn't get close to Vic, but the talls are top quality.
Victoria's forward line wouldn't be able to kick a score against that defence though.

Shaw Talia Wood
Murphy Frawley Hodge
Hannebery S.Mitchell Ablett
R.Gray Roughead Gunston
Cameron T. Lynch Greene

R- Gawn Dangerfield Kennedy (Swans)

I/C- J. Selwood, Shiel, Kennedy (Eagles), Bontempelli

Emg- D.Martin, Sloane, Pendlebury, Parker

Really? Look at that forward line above.
In my defence, Roughy looked like he'd never play again at that time. In any case:

Rance-Cameron
Gov-Roughy
Hooker-Lynch
Stratton-Gunston
JJ-Greene
Williams-Gray

Oh and why would JJ Kennedy play for Vic when he's a WA lad?

Really? Look at that forward line above.

Rance and McGovern are the reigning AA key position defenders, and the third tall and smaller defenders are not exactly duds.

Victoria's midfield should overcome that, though. WA's is nowhere near.

In my defence, Roughy looked like he'd never play again at that time. In any case:

Rance-Cameron
Gov-Roughy
Hooker-Lynch
Stratton-Gunston
JJ-Greene
Williams-Gray

Mate last I checked he was born in victoria..

From his wikipedia page, it looked like he lived in a bunch of places as a kid, although this 'WA lad' was born in Melbourne.

SOO qualification would probably be a matter of where he was at whatever birthday they decided was appropriate at the time (which knowing the AFL, could well put him in QLD from his days living in Townsville).

Don't bother replying mate, smooth Banana is never wrong, clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate last I checked he was born in victoria..
And lived in WA since he was 9. If you asked him he'd tell you that he's a WA lad.
From his wikipedia page, it looked like he lived in a bunch of places as a kid, although this 'WA lad' was born in Melbourne.

SOO qualification would probably be a matter of where he was at whatever birthday they decided was appropriate at the time (which knowing the AFL, could well put him in QLD from his days living in Townsville).
It's where you spend most of the time between 13 and 18. Which was entirely in WA for him.

And lived in WA since he was 9. If you asked him he'd tell you that he's a WA lad.

It's where you spend most of the time between 13 and 18. Which was entirely in WA for him.
Ok then, if that's the rules we will claim Cyril Rioli. The rules are, place of birth.

If we're talking contentious players, Eddie Betts is the one.

He's probably SA qualified using the 13-18 rule but he moved around a fair bit as a kid and we can't really be sure where he spent the majority of that time.

Not very classy Tyler, bit disappointed in you mate.

P.s. I'm wrong on many things, just not this :)

Victorian team would smash WA. Deal with it.
Agree to disagree, general question, when you confirm your not wrong I take it as gospel?

Ok then, if that's the rules we will claim Cyril Rioli. The rules are, place of birth.
No. They're not. The AFL rules of the last SOO were clearly "where they grew up", not place of birth. He spent about 5 years in Victoria; including his time at Carlton. Then spent a couple of years in Canberra, a couple of years in Townsville and then the vast majority of his life in WA.
Not very classy Tyler, bit disappointed in you mate.

P.s. I'm wrong on many things, just not this :)

Victorian team would smash WA. Deal with it.
Yes you are wrong. It's never been place of birth.

No. They're not. The AFL rules of the last SOO were clearly "where they grew up", not place of birth. He spent about 5 years in Victoria; including his time at Carlton. Then spent a couple of years in Canberra, a couple of years in Townsville and then the vast majority of his life in WA.

See Tyler I told you I can be wrong. I also said take him all good. Will edit change :)

Of course not gospel, as we will never know. Just hypothetical don't get emotional. You said WA would comfortably win and I call bullshit.
Comfortable 2-5 goal win imo. At least I've stated why they could win it that way. You just threw a team together with as many elite mids you could find making it look specky. Team structure is my reasoning.
Btw using the old emotional card is a piss poor cover for not explaining your weird ass SuperCoach team.

Rules changed several times over the years.

I seem to recall Jason Dunstall playing for Victoria for example.

Does anyone really think that the AFL wouldn't set it up so as to maximise the revenue and marketing gained? Or that having Josh Kennedy playing for QLD (or NSW/ACT) wouldn't fit this objective?

Comfortable 2-5 goal win imo. At least I've stated why they could win it that way. You just threw a team together with as many elite mids you could find making it look specky. Team structure is my reasoning.
Btw using the old emotional card is a piss poor cover for not explaining your weird ass SuperCoach team.
Don't get all serious on me, I'm being light hearted. Realistically, the selectors would choose a more balanced side. Then, Vics would win. Like you said, agree to disagree.

I just can't take your team seriously with the Hill brothers and a young Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back