Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
1st Test
  • 1u Pujara H2H V Watson @ $2.10 (Palmer/Sportingbet). Pujara will finish as much better Test player than Watson. He had a dreadful time in New Zealand and England, but I think his technique is fine to cope outside India. Watson is also back from injury and his form over the last two years has been only solid. I'm going with the class and value here.
  • 2u Draw @ $3.26 (Matchbook). Will look to trade out for a small profit sometime.

Last edited:

Get in quick everyone but Sportsbet currently paying $36 for Mitchell Starc most wickets first innings, obviously an error and supposed to be $3.60. Not sure what happens if it actually gets up.

$4.50 now. I don't know what they will do there, if they changed it to $3.60 it's just a decimal point out of place they would say. Presumably they will void it soon but good luck if they dont

$4.50 now. I don't know what they will do there, if they changed it to $3.60 it's just a decimal point out of place they would say. Presumably they will void it soon but good luck if they dont

Just got refunded, can't say I'm surprised.

Might put money on that anyway, along with rogers to top score and Pujara to top score.

Taken a bet on India to win at 5.60, will look to trade out lower in-play. I believe this will be a result game (win or lose) no draw. Just think Australia middle order could be vulnerable in this game: Steve Smith first game as captain, Mitch and Shaun Marsh, Brad Haddin and an out of sorts opener in Chris Rogers. Australia's batting could get exposed batting last here.

Big bash league:
Tonight's game-
0.5 u Alex Ross topscore $13
0.5u Cameron White topscore $3.75

Futures-
1u Sydney Thunder to win tournament $13
0.5u Jason Behrendorff most tournament wickets $15
0.2u Andrew Tye most tournament wickets $101
0.5u Nic Maddinson to score 100 in an innings during tournament $34

Done some analysis on the Big Bash teams. After you take the test team players out of the equation (who will barely get a look-in), I think Hobart look the greatest value. On paper they seem the best of the 3 teams that won't have their line-ups affected by Cricket Australia. The Sixers on the other hand will be decimated... Smith, Haddin, Starc, Hazlwood, Lyon. All listed as Sixers players, but highly unlikely to get a look in until late Jan.

I also think Brisbane are underrated by the bookies. Scorchers seem to be the best on paper, but wary of my home team bias...

0.5u Hobart to win Big Bash @ $7
0.5u Brisbane to make the final @ $4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's just about the worst price i've seen them today
i mean i like them at >$2 but surely could've done better than $2.20

Yep, was a last minute thing. Had no intention to put the bet on earlier when the odds would have been better. Up 1.2 units as it is anyway so that's always a bonus.

BBL4 seems to be terrible for the bookies, at least at the TAB. From memory 9 or 10 of the games so far have been won by underdogs at around $2.20. That strategy would net you a tidy profit.

They also overrated the Stars. Even when they were 0-2 they were about 4th favourite for the title and favourite for their next game, which they lost...

BBL 14/15 – Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder

2.5U – Renegades SU @ $1.72 (Bet365)

- Renegades have a better middle order than Thunder IMO, with Bravo, Russell, Rohrer.
- Not sold on Morgan, hasn't showed much the last 2 BBL seasons and Blizzard doesn't have a great record, despite his great innings last game.
- Renegades bowl first which I like as I feel middle/lower order is quite short in this torunament where first-grade cricketers are plucked to fill in teams.
- Renegades first game at home and the crowd should get behind them.

Lets go!

Lenny, no top scorer picks this year?
I remember you did pretty well at that last year in the BBL.

BBL4 seems to be terrible for the bookies, at least at the TAB. From memory 9 or 10 of the games so far have been won by underdogs at around $2.20. That strategy would net you a tidy profit.

They also overrated the Stars. Even when they were 0-2 they were about 4th favourite for the title and favourite for their next game, which they lost...

Not sure about that.
Depends on how much money was placed on the favourite vs. underdog.
Usually bookies cash when the favourites lose so I reckon the bookies might be loving this.

Sydney Thunder WIN @ $2.20
Highest Opening Partnership - Sydney Thunder @ $1.96 [x0.5]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back