Crisis meeting - Hun reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if the Bullshit is believed. There is a Tipping Point. The question is when? 2 more losses? 4 more losses? At the end of the season? You can't keep on defending the indefensible. Because the heat will come. :stern look

I don't think a loss this weekend would do it. But the performance will matter. 2 more losses in a row might be enough. Depending on how the seasoin goes it might be the end of the year. I think if the board can avoid paying him out and getting a new coach next year they will, so anything above the bottom four will probably keep him his job. But actually with so many players out of contract in 2020 its a really good opportunity to get a new coach in and give him a year to see who measures up.

As I said, on field and off field aren’t mutually exclusive.

Richmond proved that stability off field was a critical element of them not making any rash decisions on Hardwick in 2016 given their performances on field. Turned out pretty well for them the following year.
Sorry but that's specious reasoning.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It could be backing brad or it could be saying he is only one person and if he ain't up to it the organisation is more important than him. he did mention they support the players first then the coach.

Anyway we'll see.

I'm cynical at the best of times.
Right now I'm finding it hard to believe there are any people left at the club with the stones and willingness to act. The first line where he says "as you would expect me to do" just absolutely screams personal PR and neutered most of the (little) hope I had regarding Buckley.

But, we wait and watch, I suppose.

Did I hear that part correctly when Browne was talking about North he mentioned that while Archer has left, there is another board member who's also on the outs?

I thought he was referring to archer but not sure.

I have no insight in to any tax scenarios, but to utilise your vernacular mate, if he really was our "savior", then he was also prepared to let us die if his personal wishes weren't facilitated. What sort of "savior" would you call that? I call that "an opportunist"

The arrangement that was struck was made when Euge was the CEO I believe, so I trust Euge thought it was a good deal for the club. Donations to the Huddle are tax deductible but he is involved in a number of multicultural organisations that also have tax deductible status, it was just a win-win scenario as I think sport is a good vehicle to integrate migrants into Australian culture, we get the benefit of getting additional supporters from the program as we are the first AFL club they are often exposed to.

I think the relationship has been a good one for the club, there were no provisions placed in the constitution that gives the family any special privileges, if we as members feel he isn't the right man for the board position, we can vote him out. Would continuing support be conditional on his son being on the board? I don't know, maybe the extent of it will be, however, we as a club shouldn't be reliant on any individual.

I think the Scanlon family have helped us to be in a lot better position off-field than we were in 2007/08 and you can be thankful for that without being arse-kissers. I will be forever thankful, however, if Peter's son isn't doing everything humanly possible to get the on-field results then there is nothing in the constitution that prevents him from being removed. As much as we need the people with good business acumen on the board, we need someone who cares more about on-field success than they do about turning a profit. Not that making a profit should be ignored, however, if we become a great team on-field we will eventually grow enough members to fill out Docklands in our own right and when that happens we will make a lot of money from our home games, we wont have to sell home games any longer and we wont be overly reliant on any individual or corporation for support.

Our fart-arsing around on-field for decades has cost the club a fortune in lost revenue and lost opportunity to secure the club's future. We have had the resources on hand and we are worse than the basket case times when we didn't have enough money to put rookies on the list and when we were training out of third world facilities. The consequences of this fart arsing around is the club's future has been threatened and the AFL is going to make another play for us again with Tasmania if being a basket case on-field leads to us being financially vulnerable.

We need a good period on-field to grow our supporter base. It means more than the current bottom line.

He's a real estate developer with, of course, a massive interest in immigration.

His interest in the NMFC is for the club to serve as a vessel to give profile to his business interests.

He's head of the Migration Council of Australia
You've hit on something very important here, SB.

The question now is, what proportion of the current board are Scanlon proxies?

Obviously his son is one. Who else?

Dilena?
Laycock?
Lewis?
Walsh?

I have read that Lewis is a director for Private Company Exchange, of which Brady Scanlon is a director. Coincidence?

You've hit on something very important here, SB.

The question now is, what proportion of the current board are Scanlon proxies?

Obviously his son is one. Who else?

Dilena?
Laycock?
Lewis?
Walsh?

I have read that Lewis is a director for Private Company Exchange, of which Brady Scanlon is a director. Coincidence?

They were all hand picked by JB and installed without a vote, if you are going to try and get rid of one, you will likely have to get rid of them all. Let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

I thought he was referring to archer but not sure.
The club has closed up shop on the board and the only way in is if you fit the boys club. Now I know why the old players don't want in as they may not make the cut after the 2017 amendments check them out I found them on the net.

I'm cynical at the best of times.
Right now I'm finding it hard to believe there are any people left at the club with the stones and willingness to act. The first line where he says "as you would expect me to do" just absolutely screams personal PR and neutered most of the (little) hope I had regarding Buckley.

But, we wait and watch, I suppose.

But he could just be acknowledging that we do expect him to do something.

The trouble with being pissed off with someone or something is that everything they do gets framed in light of being pissed off with them.

To me singling the coach out as "only one person" is a message to the coach and everyone else. Cos footy clubs are bigger than everyone.

Also if Buckley was there when Schimma was sacked and saw the results then he might be less averse to it than we are assuming.

The club has closed up shop on the board and the only way in is if you fit the boys club. Now I know why the old players don't want in as they may not make the cut after the 2017 amendments check them out I found them on the net.

I know... look I don't care about that if they pull their fingers out and we start winning games and developing a winning culture.

I guess most past players wouldn't either.

Trying to turn this whole on-field shitfest into some sort of movement against the great work the NMFC has done in the community/social spaces via programs such as The Huddle is asinine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to turn this whole on-field shitfest into some sort of movement against the great work the NMFC has done in the community/social spaces via programs such as The Huddle is asinine.

1) You're one of their sycophants
2) They haven't done great work. We're on the bottom of the ladder.
3) If you think being on the bottom of the ladder can be in any way assuaged by a bunch of bullshit social programs, then you're a political ideologue, and not a football supporter. You are also the problem.

Last edited:

It's not our problem nor is it our responsibility.

This isn't St Vincent De Paul's or The Greens.

We are a Football Club....a Melbourne based Football Club and it's time we started to act like one.

1) You're one of their sycophants
2) They haven't done great work. We're on the bottom of the ladder.
3) If you think being on the bottom of the ladder can be in any way assuaged by a bunch of bullshit social programs, then you're a political ideologue, and not a football supporter. You are also the problem.
In all your ranting about it, you've never once conclusively proved that The Huddle and its related programs has had an effect whatsoever on the football program.

For someone who so often effects the guise of the evidence-driven intellectual, the actual lack of evidence and critical analysis you've provided is telling.

You show one actual causal link grounded in reality and not your preconceived political nonsense, and I'll join you on your side. Just one.

So basically Scanlon is the white knight who saved us and whenever capital is needed he’s the first to commit.
JB basically hands him the keys to Arden St on the proviso the club can be used as some sort of kickback for his own business interests?

That's some pretty scandelous accusations on a good North man... on the basis of what? A marketing guys one line BF post?

FWIW, I read Heath's post as a successful businessman offered to pony up his own cash to help save the club, but wouldn't do it unless something significant changed in the way the business was run. North was obviously bleeding money and I doubt he would have wanted to throw good cash after bad. Is it so unreasonable he would want to ensure his cash isn't just wasted & NMFC fold/relocate a handful of years later?

As for the Huddle - we all know Snake's biggotted view on this one - but perhaps Scanlon isn't as racist as some here, and just genuinly wants the NMFC family to help the comminity where it can?

In all your ranting about it, you've never once conclusively proved that The Huddle and its related programs has had an effect whatsoever on the football program.

Correct, I can't prove in any way shape or form that "The Huddle and its related programs has had an effect whatsoever on the football program".

So why does all of this crap even exist? Show me where all the money spent on this guff provides a single extra kick on the football field or draw one solitary new member through the door? Show me why this stuff should even exist at a football club?

For someone who so often effects the guise of the evidence-driven intellectual, the actual lack of evidence and critical analysis you've provided is telling.

You show one actual causal link grounded in reality and not your preconceived political nonsense, and I'll join you on your side. Just one.

Again, YOU show me the "causal links" as to how all this drivel provides benefits to the NMFC? Show me how all of the money being spent on this stuff is assists the club in any tangible way, rather than being spent on.............y'know...............actual FOOTBALL related matters? How does it generate a single extra point on the score board, or a single extra member through the gates, because if you can't show me that, then you can't justify its existence.

These people ARE there, and the consolidated revenue of the club IS paying for their wages and programs. To what end? Show me YOUR "causal links"?

Show me why all of this money wouldn't be better spent by terminating the lot of them in order to pay for someone like, for example, Alistair Clarkson?

Last edited:
That's some pretty scandelous accusations on a good North man... on the basis of what? A marketing guys one line BF post?

FWIW, I read Heath's post as a successful businessman offered to pony up his own cash to help save the club, but wouldn't do it unless something significant changed in the way the business was run. North was obviously bleeding money and I doubt he would have wanted to throw good cash after bad. Is it so unreasonable he would want to ensure his cash isn't just wasted & NMFC fold/relocate a handful of years later?

For *s sake, what a load of rubbish.

I will put the same thing to you, what does ANY of stuff have to do with football? What benefit does it bring to football?

You don't even ask yourself why this crap exists in the first place.

As for the Huddle - we all know Snake's biggotted view on this one - but perhaps Scanlon isn't as racist as some here, and just genuinly wants the NMFC family to help the comminity where it can?

So we're racists and bigots now because we ask questions as to why all this stuff exists inside our football club? Just check out your generic, weasly use of words like "family" and "community". It's completely disingenuous. Why? Because the North Melbourne "family" and "community" isn't Scanlon and the assorted cronies who sneaked in to the place on his coat tails, IT'S US, THE MEMBERS. THAT'S IT, NOTHING ELSE! How does any of this stuff benefit US, THE MEMBERS?

As for Scanlon, one thing has been shown, and that is that he cares a lot more about this stuff, than he cares about the NMFOOTBALLC.

Good for him, he should **** off and start a political party. We need to get down to the business of being 100% focused on winning premierships.

Last edited:
Correct, I can't prove in any way shape or form that "The Huddle and its related programs has had an effect whatsoever on the football program".

So why does all of this crap even exist? Show me where all the money spent on this guff provides a single extra kick on the football field or draw one solitary new member through the door? Show me why this stuff should even exist at a football club?

Again, YOU show me the causal links as to how all this drivel provides benefits to the NMFC? Show me how all of the money being spent on this stuff is assists the club in any tangible way, rather than being spent on.............y'know...............actual FOOTBALL related matters? How does it generate a single extra point on the score board, or a single extra member through the gates, because if you can't show me that, then you can't justify its existence.

These people ARE there, and the consolidated revenue of the club IS paying for their wages and programs. To what end? Show me YOUR "causal links"?

Show me why all of this money wouldn't be better spent by terminating the lot of them in order to pay for someone like, for example, Alistair Clarkson?
'The Huddle' does some great work, kudos to it. Behind closed doors we have created an excellent showpiece for the state government when we put our hand out for future gains in regards to facility upgrades and land grabs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

'The Huddle' does some great work, kudos to it. Behind closed doors we have created an excellent showpiece for the state government when we put our hand out for future gains in regards to facility upgrades and land grabs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The government didn't give us a cent for the recent upgrade re lights etc and supporters had to dig into their own pockets to fund the whole thing - and this was for the promotion of women's football where the government is handing out money to everyone - we didn't get a cent!

The 50 year plan for Arden St is a pipe dream - a typical distraction - and supporters and members need to stop buying into this nonsense.

'The Huddle' does some great work, kudos to it.

Really? What?

Behind closed doors we have created an excellent showpiece for the state government when we put our hand out for future gains in regards to facility upgrades and land grabs.

"We"?

How does any of this stuff assist the football team and club?

Why are we even in the business of creating "an excellent showpiece for the state government"? How feasible are the ".....future gains in regards to facility upgrades and land grabs"? What land is there to "grab"?

Hawthorn didn't need to go through all this bullshit to achieve it's aims, and they have absolutely streeted us off field.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back