Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, it's the offseason and no-one is bothering with any training reports (unless I missed one), I have moved past the Alex's burnt us good talk and how s**t we did in the trade period but I do enjoy the Club Teal s**t canning so let's keep that up

There isn't an offseason with out some food talk so I have a question for the eater outerers.

Where can I get a quality chicken curry down south ?(FMC downwards).
I have a house full of Nanna's at my place all day/night on Sat, I have plenty to cook already so thinking about being lazy with the curry. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok, it's the offseason and no-one is bothering with any training reports (unless I missed one), I have moved past the Alex's burnt us good talk and how s**t we did in the trade period but I do enjoy the Club Teal s**t canning so let's keep that up

There isn't an offseason with out some food talk so I have a question for the eater outerers.

Where can I get a quality chicken curry down south ?(FMC downwards).
I have a house full of Nanna's at my place all day/night on Sat, I have plenty to cook already so thinking about being lazy with the curry. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ol' Calcutta, Main South Rd Morphett Vale (if it's still around).

Looks like a few of the boys have got themselves in a harness racing syndicate with a crows inspired name and colours

The Crows actually selling Crows branded Nespresso capsules ?? .......well i can certainly see that providing a huge boost the clubs coffers :rolleyes:
As long is it boosts the club's coffee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chardonnay I would assume ;)
Not branded but they are getting Close
WineClub_620_620X370.jpg

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-07-08/crows-partner-with-the-social-wine-club

This is an interesting snapshot of how Eddie Betts has changed over his career:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/club/player-biography/1547.html

From the earlier days:
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Carlton has suspended Cameron Cloke, Eddie Betts and Jeff Garlett for Saturday's clash with Adelaide for being late to a recovery session scheduled on the Sunday after their win against Melbourne.
"This is very disappointing for all concerned, particularly as we play such an important game against Adelaide on Saturday, the final game before we embark on our finals campaign. While all three players have apologised for their tardy behaviour this decision ensures that everyone understands the disciplines that are required when you are part of the Carlton Football Club," said Blues football manager Steven Icke.
Wednesday, 23 December 2009
Eddie Betts is disciplined by Carlton after being arrested and held in police cells for a short period due to being found drunk on Queen Street in Melbourne's CBD.
"While Eddie Betts was officially on leave he still has a responsibility, like all players, to maintain the standards that are required of all Carlton players and on this occasion he has not done so," Blues chief executive Gregg Swann said.
Monday, 4 January 2010
Errant trio Eddie Betts, Ryan Houlihan and Andrew Walker have been suspended from the Blues for a month and will not be eligible for NAB Cup selection.
The trio incurred their suspensions following a drunken episode aboard a cruise ship just prior to the Christmas break.

"They will be suspended from the club immediately for a period of one month, and during this time they will complete all training away from the rest of the player group, and with the Northern Bullants," club president Stephen Kernahan said.

"They will also be unavailable for selection for the NAB Cup, and we know this will impact on their preparation for the home and away season - clearly it was completely unacceptable."
Wednesday, 7 April 2010
Forward Eddie Betts' suspension for a Christmas party indiscretion was a turning point in his career, coach Brett Ratten says.
"It's been a real turning point for Eddie - there's no doubt about it," Ratten said.

"His GPS numbers are the highest they've been in his career, his sprint efforts, his repeat efforts - everything. I think out of a mishap or a bad choice, he's made some really positive steps."

And now:
Monday, 29 June 2015
Charlie Cameron says Adelaide teammate Eddie Betts has been a role model for him at the club.
"He's really influenced me since I've been at the club. He's definitely helped me on and off the field," Cameron said of Betts.

"I learned a few things about the way he prepares, he's pretty professional. It's amazing what he does on the field, all those goals he kicks.

"I enjoy playing footy with him."

From the earlier days:

And now:
At our last breakfast up here Betts told the story of how he was wayward as a young player... and when asked about his mentoring Charlie he said CC was miles ahead of him at the same age in terms of preparation and dedication. He says CC knuckles down and just wants to be the best while at the same age, he was out getting drunk and in fights.

From the earlier days:

And now:

The greatest life decision IMO that he made for himself was in October 2013, when he signed with us. While he will and should always be grateful to the Blues for giving him the chance to play AFL, he has undoubtedly taken his game to elite level with us.

Must admit I am grateful to Malthouse for his obsession with his lovechild in Thomas to be signed up which helped facilitate the move of Betts to Adelaide.

There is without doubt no better sight or sound at Adelaide Oval than a capacity crowd at night with Betts taking a shot at goal on the run, chanting his name. This surpasses any wankfest pregame entertainment of singing "Torn" by the neighbours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back