Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody looking for a Contract position for most of next year? From January 2017 to September 2017. Posted 2 days ago.

On SEEK ( and elsewhere)

About the Adelaide Football Club – The Crows:

The Adelaide Football Club is one of eighteen teams participating in the AFL. The Club has a proven track record of success both on and off the field.

At The Adelaide Football Club, We Fly As One.

Our focus for 2016 and beyond will be to deliver on our vision to Bring People Together to Achieve Great Things, both on and off the field.

Our behaviour will be underpinned by our core values that will drive our decision making within a culture of enhanced accountability. We are focussed on being a high performing Club that displays courage, is authentic in all that it does and lives the mantra of Team First.

We are committed to developing the leading AFL football program for both men and women. Our members and fans, will experience an exceptional sports entertainment experience, with outstanding customer service and the provision of compelling content through enhanced digital and mainstream communications channels. We will engage genuinely with the community that supports us so passionately, with the goal of delivering valuable programs in schools.

While we represent a diverse group of people, our Club brings us all together to transcend our individual capabilities. Off the field, we are committed to gathering the expertise to set the standard for a world class elite sports entertainment business.

We will always remember where we came from, however we will strengthen our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion as, WE FLY AS ONE.

The Role:

The Commercial Operations Executive is a full time, fixed term contract position responsible for coordinating specific coterie group programs to ensure member and guest satisfaction and fulfilment of contractual responsibilities. The role is responsible for the renewal and retention of coterie members. This includes working in conjunction with the Clubs events team for Corporate and Coterie match day requirements, predominantly ticketing and match day functions including managing hospitality functions on match days at The Adelaide Oval. This role also manages the implementation, coordination and selling of all Crows Jet projects.

This role is based in our state of the art offices and training facility at West Lakes.

To be successful in this role, you will possess:-

• Experience setting targets, budgets and monitoring and measuring performance.
  • Experience in function/event management.
  • Experience in operational planning, scheduling and time management
  • Experience in managing resources and meeting productivity and profitability targets.
  • Experience in working within an effective team and ability to work in an environment based on communication and trust.
  • Ability to analyse issues, evaluate solutions, develop sound conclusions and recommend a course of action.
  • Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with a diverse range of people and businesses in the corporate, government and not for profit sectors.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Ability to work under pressure and within tight time constraints when necessary.
Desired/Essential qualifications:

Certificate in Office Administration or similar.

To be successful in this role, you will have a reputable background in corporate administration. You will be able to work proactively, autonomously and under pressure, whilst maintaining strong attention to detail. You will be a person that thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly evolving environment.

What the hell is a certificate in office administration, does that even exist?
Yes. Here are the main points gleaned from the course's learning areas.
'the paper clips go here'
'the stapler never leaves this spot'
'the printing ink goes there'
'don't piss off the tea lady'
'never piss off the pay clerk'

What the hell is a certificate in office administration, does that even exist?
Whose job is this - one of smart's lackies.

Agree, that the requirements read poorly. Why aim for someone with decent qualifications, when you can get someone with a certificate for an "executive" role.

Frig me, this is pathetic.

Pretty sure Certificate of Office Admin is just a short Tafe course that teaches you how to use Common office software like Excel, Word and MYOB, how to do common office tasks like payroll and how to use office phone systems. Generally what the young girl who answers phones and gets paid about $30k has.

They probably want a bubbly personable, attractive, professional girl to be friendly with the Coterie members and make them feel looked after, who also takes ownership of all the Coterie member functions and their organisation.

Pretty sure Certificate of Office Admin is just a short Tafe course that teaches you how to use Common office software like Excel, Word and MYOB, how to do common office tasks like payroll and how to use office phone systems. Generally what the young girl who answers phones and gets paid about $30k has.

They probably want a bubbly personable, attractive, professional girl to be friendly with the Coterie members and make them feel looked after, who also takes ownership of all the Coterie member functions and their organisation.
or boy

Whose job is this - one of smart's lackies.

Agree, that the requirements read poorly. Why aim for someone with decent qualifications, when you can get someone with a certificate for an "executive" role.

Frig me, this is pathetic.

I don't have a certificate like that but I have way more experience than most that do have it, I have had executive as part of my job titles before and it no longer means the top level like it used to many years ago. It's written in such a way that people without the certificate but the relevant experience can also apply for.

I don't have a certificate like that but I have way more experience than most that do have it, I have had executive as part of my job titles before and it no longer means the top level like it used to many years ago. It's written in such a way that people without the certificate but the relevant experience can also apply for.

Yeah, these days executive pretty much just means there is something you are responsible for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you know nothing about payroll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stupidest thing about this ad is that anyone with experience in:
  • Experience in managing resources and meeting productivity and profitability targets.

Will know a lot more about operating in a corporate environment than a 'certificate in office administration' will teach you.

Not that I've read these details, but you seem to have answered the Colonel's question very professionally.
However, the real question is whether these Certificates/Diplomas should in fact exist! ;)
Just part of the ever growing ''skills industry'' . Where everyone going for a job has the exact same ''qualifications'' therefore cancelling out the specialness of having them.

Not that I've read these details, but you seem to have answered the Colonel's question very professionally.
However, the real question is whether these Certificates/Diplomas should in fact exist! ;)

It's often a way for companies to cross off their 'training' requirements for staff.

Breaking News .....and great news for some posters on the Crows Big Footy Forum ....Sanders & Elite, there's a chance

‘Robot marriages within 35 years’

FOLLOWING from the introduction of the first sex robots onto the market next year, a top academic has claimed cyborg marriages wont be soon after.

To be successful in this role, you will possess:-

• Experience in working within an effective team and ability to work in an environment based on communication and trust.
  • Ability to analyse issues, evaluate solutions, develop sound conclusions and recommend a course of action.
  • Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with a diverse range of people and businesses in the corporate, government and not for profit sectors.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Ability to work under pressure and within tight time constraints when necessary.
Desired/Essential qualifications:

how to kiss arse and look good doing it...

Fixed.

Breaking News .....and great news for some posters on the Crows Big Footy Forum ....Sanders & Elite, there's a chance

‘Robot marriages within 35 years’

FOLLOWING from the introduction of the first sex robots onto the market next year, a top academic has claimed cyborg marriages wont be soon after.
Before SSM if I'm not mistaken

So I am no longer a Trades Assistant but a Tool Executive.

And no that doesn't mean I am an Executive Tool :cool:
So I went from trades to both Technical and Education Officer, at least in the family companies I can stick with the ASIC approved positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back