2nds Crows in the SANFL Semi Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to have a forward who had question marks over his work rate/attitude but kicked goals in the SANFL called Walker

I reckon Johnston has centre half forward written all over him. With his kicking he can dob them from 50 as well as actually find a player when he passes it.

We used to have a forward who had question marks over his work rate/attitude but kicked goals in the SANFL called Walker
This is exactly right. I reckon something clicked with LJ after the Bombers game and he thought "gee this is how hard I have to work". Anyone with his talent is worth persisting with.

Ill say it again, is Nick Amato worth alook in the draft. Quslity left foot, good goal sense and pressures well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CURRENTLY ....yes that's a good comparison

I don't know, he's a more natural forward, and footballer, than Sellar. Sellar unfortunately was a classic "tweener", he was a ruckman, who could play a little forward/back, caught in a genuine KPP's body.

Whilst I agree they share that same lack of intensity at times, Johnston is a natural forward, playing as a forward and this has allowed him to kick 57 goals for the year (so far) and for much of the year has been an extremely consistent goal kicker. His scoreline in his last 10 games at SANFL level reads 3, 5, 2, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 4 and 5 goals, which is a pretty fair effort. If he could drift in and out of games a little less then he would probably have some massive bag's there, although even the best forwards drift in and out of games, they're just so dependent on what is going on up the field that it is nigh on impossible to play a consistent 4 qtrs, if they do manage to, they generally end up with a haul of 8 goals plus and we don't see many of them anymore.

Unfortunately he's a little small to be a genuine KPF at AFL level, but he does have the pace, agility and game to play as a 3rd tall, so he should survive at the highest level. I do think Scott Welsh is a great comparison is really a great one, a natural key forward, stuck in a slightly small body but has the athleticism to get around it.

Johnston looks a good lead up player with good hands and an accurate kick at goal. Doesn't look like he really has fight for the ball once it gets to the ground. Not a lot of desperation, or it just doesnt appear so. Knows how to kick goals so good to persist with.

Ill say it again, is Nick Amato worth alook in the draft. Quslity left foot, good goal sense and pressures well.

Is he eligible this year?

I don't know, he's a more natural forward, and footballer, than Sellar. Sellar unfortunately was a classic "tweener", he was a ruckman, who could play a little forward/back, caught in a genuine KPP's body.

Whilst I agree they share that same lack of intensity at times, Johnston is a natural forward, playing as a forward and this has allowed him to kick 57 goals for the year (so far) and for much of the year has been an extremely consistent goal kicker. His scoreline in his last 10 games at SANFL level reads 3, 5, 2, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 4 and 5 goals, which is a pretty fair effort. If he could drift in and out of games a little less then he would probably have some massive bag's there, although even the best forwards drift in and out of games, they're just so dependent on what is going on up the field that it is nigh on impossible to play a consistent 4 qtrs, if they do manage to, they generally end up with a haul of 8 goals plus and we don't see many of them anymore.

Unfortunately he's a little small to be a genuine KPF at AFL level, but he does have the pace, agility and game to play as a 3rd tall, so he should survive at the highest level. I do think Scott Welsh is a great comparison is really a great one, a natural key forward, stuck in a slightly small body but has the athleticism to get around it.
I agree ....he's a natural forward with all the right skills

It's all been around his attitude ....maybe he's like McKernan and just a bit immature & needing of time before it all clicks

Lets hope so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back