Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
According to Mitch Cleary.
Screenshot_20240506-193743_Samsung Internet.jpg
This doesn't make sense to me at all for either the Crows or Dangerfield.

From Crows perspective - they are in a rebuild and want to recruit a bloke who will be turning 35 early next year. Why?

From Dangerfield's perspective - he is settled into Moggs Creek with a young family, after having moved back there with his wife so they could settle there and have a family. Why would he move back to Adelaide?

This is a story spread by dangers management to up he's price and get 2 years at the cats. He's got bad hamstrings, he plays 12 games a year, no defensive pressure, plus he moved at geelong for moggs Creek lifestyle. Not sure it's an easy commute to adelaide. Probably the worst story of all time nearly, 0 chance of it happening

2nd round pick and Ned McHenry?

This is a story spread by dangers management to up he's price and get 2 years at the cats. He's got bad hamstrings, he plays 12 games a year, no defensive pressure, plus he moved at geelong for moggs Creek lifestyle. Not sure it's an easy commute to adelaide. Probably the worst story of all time nearly, 0 chance of it happening
Reminds me of the last bloke to wear #35 for us, who also had bad hamstrings and wanted us to offer him two years.

Lol, Mitch Cleary got word from his manager to bump up his salary negotiations.

Everyone should know Danger (& particularly Mardi) are not leaving Geelong.

Nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shades of Pendles to the Gold Coast story floated in 2021 I think that lasted all of about a day.

Seems hard to believe a 34 year old Dangerfield would be interested, but there are a few recent examples of this happening with Ablett re-joining the Cats at 33 and Betts re-joining the Blues at 33. Both were interstate moves as well.

Unless Adelaide drastically improve and become a legitimate premiership contender, I just don't see it happening. The only incentive I could think of that might motivate a short term move back to the Crows would be to become a premiership player at both clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back