Past Dan Hannebery - traded 2018, to St Kilda for packet of Samboys (BBQ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robbo Robinson was on the radio this morning saying he reckons Hannebery needs to get back on the turps to recover his form, and I agree.

Hanners disagrees:

“There’s been a bit of commentary about my form and all of the other stuff, which I can understand the lightheartedness of,” Hannebery told Fox Sports News’ AFL Today.

“But at the end of the day, all of the commentary is a little bit irresponsible and uneducated in my opinion.

“You’ve got a lot of people out there dealing with different things mentally and with alcohol and when you look at that side of it, it’s a bit disappointing.

“For me, that’s not the case. I was dealing with it to feel good about myself, my body and mentally, but with the general public there’s a lot of issues out there with those things.

“It’s important to take that into account before you make those comments. It was a bit disappointing from my end.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dan...l/news-story/883122e0263a1613d7bb4694add6e8c3

The quote is even better with his image on the left side of this forum.

Hanners is clearly carrying an injury he's having to play with due to all your outs. He's a star and just hope he's not being damaged.

I admire him for trying to play through it whatever it is, he battled hard for his 23 disposals against GWS and he had a team-high 8 tackles (equal with Cunningham) but I thought he was still below his best. I just wonder at what point do you give him a rest, though it looks like he'll keep going due to a lack of replacements. It seems to take a lot to keep him out of the team.

I admire him for trying to play through it whatever it is, he battled hard for his 23 disposals against GWS and he had a team-high 8 tackles (equal with Cunningham) but I thought he was still below his best. I just wonder at what point do you give him a rest, though it looks like he'll keep going due to a lack of replacements. It seems to take a lot to keep him out of the team.
bring aliir/newman back, put mills/heeney in hanners spot

His stats are meaningless, eg got 5 last night in about 6 seconds, all crap

He has been pathetic. Playing injured? Then dont play because he is not having any positive impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

much prefer to give him a month off and unleash heeney

May as well play b jack or towers right now rather than grind hanners into the groud. Thats if he is injured

If he is not injured then geez

Love this goal!!

giphy.gif

Even tho his play has been down and clearly battling some sort of niggle cough op cough....he hasnt stopped working and has shown great commitment and heart to battle through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back