Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When on the park.
When off the park, his ability and prowess are no better than a Blair.
One could argue that Blair's ability and prowess are better. Based on this season if Moore were attempting to produce us some future father sons he'd fail to complete the task due to hamstring awareness. :p

Hope Moore stays and gets fit and it's just trying to get back on the park to show his worth that is holding things up.

But where does he go and who does he replace?
As you said - its a massive call at the selection table.

In most other situations, I would be playing Moore and replacing either Aish or Greenwood. (I have to be frank- I think Stephensons name could also be discussed, but I would definitely not drop him because of his x-factor and run).

But I dont think we can have all of Moore, Goldsack and Langdon in our backline - the Tigers will run circles around them. I think Goldy has to go to Jack, and then who else does Darcy go to? And is he good enough defensively to be able to match up on any of the smalls?

And I dont see him in the forward line - I just can't see Cox or Mihocek (maybe just) getting dropped.

Against most other teams you could make space for Darcy. Against Richmond? Going too tall will hurt us, and our bigs are not good enough to take advantage of the situation. (In comparison, West Coast's "bigs" probably are)

I agree.

If he plays, it's to be a defender. But there is just no need for him with the Tigers small forward line.

It would also be quite silly to play him forward given he hasn't trained or played in that role since r2. All he could do is disrupt a mix that has got us to a prelim.

If we want to play another tall forward, you would think Ben Reid would be first choice given he continues to train as a forward, and was named emergency last week.

A fully match fit Darcy Moore is an automatic selection. But with no match fitness and real question marks over his hamstrings, it's too big a call to bring him in and upset the mix.

It's just not the right team for Moore this week. If it were West Coast or Melbourne, I'd be advocating for him to come in.

Then there's no spot for him against Richmond (maybe/possibly Caddy? )
There may be a week later if we're still alive
Put him on Reiwoldt and Goldsack on a medium like Caddy. If we make the GF we can’t have a key player coming in with no games under their belt.

But, I don't think he is a key player. Potentially he may be but there s orecious little evidence to suggest that we need him now.
If he’s playing key position on Kennedy/Darling/McDonald/Weideman then he’s absolutely a key player, whether or not you rate him that way.

pr
But where does he go and who does he replace?
As you said - its a massive call at the selection table.

In most other situations, I would be playing Moore and replacing either Aish or Greenwood. (I have to be frank- I think Stephensons name could also be discussed, but I would definitely not drop him because of his x-factor and run).

But I dont think we can have all of Moore, Goldsack and Langdon in our backline - the Tigers will run circles around them. I think Goldy has to go to Jack, and then who else does Darcy go to? And is he good enough defensively to be able to match up on any of the smalls?

And I dont see him in the forward line - I just can't see Cox or Mihocek (maybe just) getting dropped.

Against most other teams you could make space for Darcy. Against Richmond? Going too tall will hurt us, and our bigs are not good enough to take advantage of the situation. (In comparison, West Coast's "bigs" probably are)
probably Aish. Dont feel that Aish offers a great deal and can be easily replaced. Bit to weak in the contest.

I think Moore on the wing, then if Rance is killing our forward line, Goldy could go to him and be replaced by Moore. If not Moore could dominate on the wing and improve us going inside 50. Also his size and agility and the ground could be enormous for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore doesn’t fit into our best team structure anymore.

JDG has essentially replaced Moore in the team. Cox is better in the ruck then Moore and JDG a better forward option.

Collingwoods record with Moore playing this year is terrible. There is no way I’d bring him back into the team, and if he wants out, maximise his value and make sure whatever we do improves the current team lineup we have without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore doesn’t fit into our best team structure anymore.

JDG has essentially replaced Moore in the team. Cox is better in the ruck then Moore and JDG a better forward option.

Collingwoods record with Moore playing this year is terrible. There is no way I’d bring him back into the team, and if he wants out, maximise his value and make sure whatever we do improves the current team lineup we have without him.

You do realise when Darcy did play it was mostly at chb or fb.
And trained for those positions, not as a forward

we are about to play for a grandfinal spot.
surely having a fit darcy moore on the sidelines is crazy.
surely the club would put him through severe match simulations to see if he breaks or not?
I agree.

Get Footy Fanatic FX out and run a few simulations to see whether we should play him or not.

I reckon his available, but Bucks probably knows he wont be around next year as well so he will likely give Moore the finger and refuse to play him

Most pundits tip no changes for us but if Moore puts his hand up to play, will be in the selection conversation. Mayne seems to be the one talked about as making way.

Yeah - interesting quote from Pendles today : "If he puts his hands up and declares himself fit to go, then good luck to our coaches with that selection headache. But that’s finals football, there’s tough calls to be made, and it would be great to have a guy like Darcy - if he’s right to go - come back in.”

He doesn't spell it out but comes close to implying that Darcy has ruled himself out in recent weeks.

Yeah - interesting quote from Pendles today : "If he puts his hands up and declares himself fit to go, then good luck to our coaches with that selection headache. But that’s finals football, there’s tough calls to be made, and it would be great to have a guy like Darcy - if he’s right to go - come back in.”

He doesn't spell it out but comes close to implying that Darcy has ruled himself out in recent weeks.

And I know for a fact that the club was prepared to roll the dice with him before the WC game but even ten days out from the match ruled himself out of it. Is known to be loath to play unless he feels he's 110%

You do realise when Darcy did play it was mostly at chb or fb.
And trained for those positions, not as a forward

I realise. I also think as changing as our back 6 has been he doesn’t make it stronger. 1/2 a good game at CHB doesn’t make him a CHB.
Also note we’ve won exactly one game with Moore in the team this year.
He is currently a liability.

This is probably an unpopular opinion.

I’ll agree to disagree about it.

Moore only if he plays forward.

We need to stretch that backline of theirs. We have managed to cause them grief with Mason Cox both times but with Darcy that stretches them even more and we have the smaller guys to hurt them as well.

It would have to be Aish or Mayne but our only hope of beating them is to hit the scoreboard and make their defence vulnerable.

And I know for a fact that the club was prepared to roll the dice with him before the WC game but even ten days out from the match ruled himself out of it. Is known to be loath to play unless he feels he's 110%
You’ve been peddling this line for weeks. It’s seems very unlikely that a player would prefer not to play. I say you’re making this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back