Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope some of the posters in this thread read this article and know that he wasn’t cleared to play. And as much as he wanted to get back in time for the GF he couldn’t get his body right.
I didn't read that at all. I read that it affected him internally and negatively. That sounds like a comment on his mental state, not the state of his hammies. Case in point is that Moore has already declared he will be fit to play in the first final and Bucks has made it clear that is not likely. He sounds fed up to me.

Really? You think Moore was too scared to play in a GF? I think your brothers mate is having a good laugh.

Presti was immortalised at the club for the same thing, yet you’re going to attack Moore for putting the club and his team mates first? 👏👏 🤣

Pretty sure there's been club sources formally cited stating that was the case. Moore's on record as saying as much himself.

A fair bit of amateur psychology going on here. FWIW, I read Bucks’ comments as a statement that Darcy does indeed care about playing for Collingwood. Too many on here have jumped to the conclusion that he doesn’t.
As for the caution about whether Darcy will play in two weeks, that just looks normal and prudent to me.

Basically if there was nothing wrong with Moore and it was indeed "tightness" than he would be free to play in the first final.

If he has even slightly strained it or whatever (which is more likely and what Bucks is alluding to), then he aint getting back on the park this year.

Surely scans will resolve the matter one way or another.If the scans show no strain then he should be right to play in the first final,if they do show a strain then he has no chance of playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely scans will resolve the matter one way or another.If the scans show no strain then he should be right to play in the first final,if they do show a strain then he has no chance of playing.
Logic?

You're applying logic?!!?

Thats a relief
That's good news ,maybe he felt a bit of stiffness and didn't want to wreck his hamstrings before the finals seeing as he was so down on not being able to help his teammates out last year.

maybe he felt a bit of stiffness and didn't want to wreck his hamstrings before the finals seeing as he was so down on not being able to help his teammates out last year.
I didn't know when he left the field, (half way through the last qtr.) and was worried about his headspace.
I'm leaning towards that now and very much hoping that's the case.
Just as an aside his field kicking was fantastic the other night.

Have to wonder how much of it is mental with him. Never actually see him do the injury mid match and limp off like majority of hamstring injuries... he always just randomly goes off unnoticed and the word used most times is awareness

I suspect he's under strict orders to come off if he feels anything in his hammies (where you're not really mean to be feeling anything at all when all is well) and any withdrawal from the game would be strictly precautionary on our part given the situation (two weeks until our next game).

To be honest we're probably being a little over-protective of him now and maybe that is getting into his head a little, but it's somewhat understandable given his recent history and how much he means to the club fit and firing.

I didn't know when he left the field, (half way through the last qtr.) and was worried about his headspace.
I'm leaning towards that now and very much hoping that's the case.
Just as an aside his field kicking was fantastic the other night.
Yeah should take all the kick ins .

Moore has been cleared of a strain, but there's still some trepidation. From 'The Age', quoting Geoff Walsh:

He has not re-injured it. He did report tightness and awareness but all the subsequent investigations are that he has not re-injured it, which is good news on one level'.

Geoff might have gone on to say: 'Good news on one level, but on another level we're rather f****** flummoxed by this bloke's inability to finish a game, and more than a little mystified as to why his mind is responding to messages that his hamstrings just aren't sending. I'm not unconvinced that sorcery or some other sort of witchcraft isn't at work. Maybe don't quote me on that last bit, or I'll glare at you at every opportunity. Thanks.'

Moore has been cleared of a strain, but there's still some trepidation. From 'The Age', quoting Geoff Walsh:

He has not re-injured it. He did report tightness and awareness but all the subsequent investigations are that he has not re-injured it, which is good news on one level'.

Geoff might have gone on to say: 'Good news on one level, but on another level we're rather f****** flummoxed by this bloke's inability to finish a game, and more than a little mystified as to why his mind is responding to messages that his hamstrings just aren't sending. I'm not unconvinced that sorcery or some other sort of witchcraft isn't at work. Maybe don't quote me on that last bit, or I'll glare at you at every opportunity. Thanks.'

The fluency of that quote makes it totally unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back